2" steering wheel spacer

Discussion in 'Daily Driver Motorsport' started by GIROL SRL, Dec 7, 2018.

1. 7 Dec 2018 at 6:19 PM #1
    GIROL SRL

GIROL SRL Sponsor

Your Motor:
    2001 M3
    Hi, I'm Giacomo from Monza, Italy.

Let me show our unique product, which can seriously improve your drive experience.

I always been a car lover, and love to tune and customize my cars. The aim is to enjoy it as much as I can.

After spending loads of money on rims, brakes, tyres, bigger turbos, noisy exhaust, etc., I understood that most important is how you feel while you drive your car. Any of the above mod can worth the effort, but sometimes little tricky mods get the best value for money.

How can you enjoy a car, driving it for hours, both on road and track, if you aren't seat in the correct position, that makes you feel the overall behaviour of the car itself?

I'm 6ft 2" tall and always found that OEM steering wheel and seat adjustment, on many cars, are, more or less too much a compromise for the average driver.

I love to drive seated on my car like on the track, with my legs extended and the steering wheel close to me. This can not always be achieved with the OEM adjustments, especially if the driver is tall.

For this reasons, since I didn't find this product on the market, I developed it myself.

CAD designed, CNC machined, here it is the STEERING WHEEL SPACER

MAIN FEATURES:

- makes the OEM steering wheel come 2" (5cm) closer to the driver, allowing to move the seat backwards, gaining room for the legs.
    - the steering wheel buttons, the airbag, horn, and paddleshift still works, without require of coding or any other software modification.
    - made of billet aluminum and steel, it replicates the shape of the aluminum core of the steering wheel and the steering wheel column.
    - 100% OEM matching spline.
    - direct fit between steering column and steering wheel.
    - takes 30 min for installation, fitting instructions provided
    - CAD-CAM machined, with the slots shaped to allow multi-fitment: the same spacers fits E36, E46, E8x, E9x cars.
    - total reversible modification: you can uninstall it in the future and everything returns stock
    - lifetime guarantee
    - customizable in color and laser engraving (M Power logo, your name...)
    - nice concave design that fillets the rear of the steering wheel with the dashboard

PRICE:

245€ plus shipment and paypal fee. Somebody say it's too much, somebody say it's a bargain. To each their own. Everybody likes it a lot after they test drive it. Nobody end up saying it's useless.
    There is a lot of work in it, and it's machined starting from top quality materials. Not crappy cast aluminium like many aftermarket hubs.

HOW TO ORDER:

write me a PM, or an email to [email protected], specify your location. I'll calculate shipping cost and tell you the total to be paid by paypal at my email address. The spacers are always ready in stock and takes 2-3 days to arrive in every location in Europe, 5+ days to US. Carrier is UPS. You will receive tracking number and fitting instructions at your paypal email address.

REVIEW:

the spacer is known in the BMWs forums, and I make it for other car brands too.

The British and Italian Racing Driver Vicky Piria has test driven it on a Fiat 500.

She drove in GP3 GP2 and Porsche Cup and I think we'll see her on Formula 1 quite soon.

Watch the video

Have a look at our Facebook page to see my whole range of spacers:

https://www.facebook.com/DailyDriverMotorsport/?ref=bookmarks

Our non automotive mechanichal factory, my family company in which I started developing the steering wheel spacer and where I currently manufacture it.

http://www.girol.it/en/motorsport-and-tuning/

PICTURES

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A step if the installation:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

suraj likes this.
  2. 8 Dec 2018 at 6:40 PM #2
    chattan

chattan Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    LE500 E92 M3 - —- E36 M3 Evo Track Car - B7 RS4
    Colour Combo:
    Imola Red - Cosmos Black - Phantom Black
    Interesting, and I can relate tbh. Do you have any pictures with it fitted to a E92 M3?

Does it work with DCT?

3. 10 Dec 2018 at 7:28 AM #3
    GIROL SRL

GIROL SRL Sponsor

Your Motor:
    2001 M3
    Hi, sorry, we don't have pictures of the spacer fitted on a E92. But because the steering wheel can be swapped between E9x to E8x, we are sure that the spacer fit both, because the spacer is machined to suit the clockspring assembly of E9x E8x cars.
    Since we need pics of the spacer fitted on a E92, the first buyer which will send good pics will have 50% refund :)
    And, yes, the spacer fits all cars, both manual and DCT or any other transmission with paddleshift on the steering wheel (SMG...). The paddleshift are like steering wheel buttons: there are just more wires crossing the inside of the steering wheel, ad the spacer. Tell us that the car has paddleshift at the order.

4. 16 Jan 2019 at 12:33 AM #4
    Nunga

Nunga Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2003 E46 M3 manual
    Colour Combo:
    Mystic Blue/Laser Anthrazit Stoff
    Hi, just sent an email through your website asking about these plus shipping to Germany!

5. 16 Jan 2019 at 7:23 PM #5
    GIROL SRL

GIROL SRL Sponsor

Your Motor:
    2001 M3
    answered!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)