135i from M4 - any good or not worth it?

Discussion in '1 Series, 2 Series, 3 Series, 4 Series, 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series and 8 Series' started by Ashley6, Sep 21, 2018.

1. 21 Sep 2018 at 11:08 AM #1
    Ashley6

Ashley6 A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    Fiesta ST
    Hi, I'm looking to potentially either sell or trade in my m4 for a 135i as I am moving house and need something with cheaper monthly payments.

A slightly older 2015/2016 135i seems to fit the bill, just wondering if anyone has done something similar and gone from an m3/m4 down to a 135i?

Is there anything in particular to look out for? How well do they mod? I'd probably be looking at a decat and bm3

Cheers :)

2. 21 Sep 2018 at 12:05 PM #2
    Keith

Keith Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    S65B40
    Colour Combo:
    Monte Carlo Edition
    I can't comment too much, as I've owned neither, but my brother has a modded, facelift LCI M135i (with N55).

Stock they are a bit soft, no question. It took a Birds handling package (full suspension, anti roll bars, geometry) and a Quaife LSD to make it handle like an ///M car, but it is a good car now. He also has all the M Perf exterior bits (and some genuine BBS CH-R wheels :cool:) to make it look more special, and fitted an M Performance Exhaust which sounds the nuts on the N55, very throaty, far nicer than the S55! So factor in the cost of these kind of mods if you want a real baby M car, and successor to the M4. I'd say my brothers mods have brought it into close realms with the N55 M2, which is the kind of thing I guess you'd want coming from an M4.

Good luck, totally get the need to be sensible with money when moving house - bricks and mortar are far more important. :thumbsup:

3. 22 Sep 2018 at 12:01 PM #3
    Mr K

Mr K Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2006 E63 M6
    Colour Combo:
    Interlagos blue/silverstone
    Not quite the same but I have owned an E46 M3, an E63 M6, both were 2nd cars so classed as toys really.

I have kept a sensible head on and now bought an M235i as my only car, which is as standard as they get apart from an MP front spoiler

I know there are haters on here but they are entitled to be, but it is a very capable car and fun to drive, 4 driving modes and the standard exhaust note in Sport is lovely [ why buy an MPE ]

For a 3ltr petrol it is very economical

I am sure if you make the change you will not be disappointed, you could also consider the 235 or 240.

Good luck

4. 22 Sep 2018 at 12:04 PM #4
    Mr K

Mr K Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    2006 E63 M6
    Colour Combo:
    Interlagos blue/silverstone
    Not quite the same but I have owned an E46 M3, an E63 M6, both were 2nd cars so classed as toys really.

I have kept a sensible head on and now bought an M235i as my only car, which is as standard as they get apart from an MP front spoiler

I know there are haters on here but they are entitled to be, but it is a very capable car and fun to drive, 4 driving modes and the standard exhaust note in Sport is lovely [ why buy an MPE ]

For a 3ltr petrol it is very economical

I am sure if you make the change you will not be disappointed, you could also consider the 235 or 240.

Good luck

5. 22 Sep 2018 at 4:40 PM #5
    mikeyscott

mikeyscott On the path

Your Motor:
    E82 135i
    I'm looking at going M3 or M4 route from my E82 135i Birds kitted out car. The other thoughts was get a M235i and send it to birds again. £18-20k + £2-3k

6. 18 Oct 2018 at 11:13 AM #6
    chadders55

chadders55 A mere Chipper

Your Motor:
    M4
    Colour Combo:
    YAS
    I've just gone from a M135i LCI to an F82.

My 135 had H&R Springs, Milltek Sport Non Resonated CatBack, BBS CH-R, Yokohama AD08R, JB4, Decat, Kerscher Splitter, AutoID Mirrors. and if my situation changed and i had to go back to one i would happily although it was crying out for a diff!

7. 18 Oct 2018 at 9:12 PM #7
    Too hot

Too hot Achieved official socks

Your Motor:
    Sold it
    Colour Combo:
    what car
    What spec is your M4? I’m currently looking for one or an M3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)