The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > F80 M3 Saloon / F82 M4 Coupe / F83 M4 Convertible

Old 13th February 2018, 07:05 PM   #181
C1CDG
Achieved official socks

Car: Fire Orange CP F80 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46CoupeM3 View Post
You trusted a lot of unskilled people that stand at a station all day putting the same part on as they sail by, none of which you knew to build it, so no difference.
Big difference! Some of us on here absolutely cherish our cars, they arenít just A to B objects, we buy new and take the depreciation hit so we know exactly how our cars have been treated and driven from day 1...

I wonít even let Bmw wash mine, let alone some scumbags rag it from stone cold and rip apart the interior without a care in the world for how it might ever go back together..

Yes we will all upgrade and move on, but while my names on the logbook, I pamper it and definately would no longer love it if it got stolen.
C1CDG is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 13th February 2018, 07:07 PM   #182
Shezbo
Achieved official socks

Car: 2004 E46 M3 Cabriolet
Colour Combo: Carbon Black / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansGruber View Post
Sorry to read this op. Absolute [email protected]

can you imagine all the rattles from having the trim ripped apart and put back in?
A decent Bodyshop will rebuild it correctly....genuine parts DO go back on, yer know
Shezbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:12 PM   #183
E46CoupeM3
Achieved official socks

Car: 2001 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1CDG View Post
Big difference! Some of us on here absolutely cherish our cars, they arenít just A to B objects, we buy new and take the depreciation hit so we know exactly how our cars have been treated and driven from day 1...

I wonít even let Bmw wash mine, let alone some scumbags rag it from stone cold and rip apart the interior without a care in the world for how it might ever go back together..

Yes we will all upgrade and move on, but while my names on the logbook, I pamper it and definately would no longer love it if it got stolen.
That's a completely different argument to the one you made and I answered lol. You said you wouldn't build it or trust anyone else to, not someone has violated the love of your life so instead of being caring and supportive it's dead to you
E46CoupeM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:21 PM   #184
M4lee1985
Achieved official socks

Car: All black M4 > LBB M2
Colour Combo: LBB

Quote:
You trusted a lot of unskilled people that stand at a station all day putting the same part on as they sail by, none of which you knew to build it, so no difference.
Different story when your taking it apart yourself , I took my front bumper and wings off the m4 myself and did a better job than one dealer did with my car so by those standards factory was bloody perfect
M4lee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:23 PM   #185
M4lee1985
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1CDG View Post

This
Old 13th February 2018, 07:59 PM   #186
smigga
Achieved official socks

Car: M4 cab , Mini Cooper, big van, motorbikes
Colour Combo: Sapphire black, Silverstone full leather with carbon

Really sad to read this, I’m looking at m4 verts now, we had 4 blokes come through our patio doors at 4pm broad daylight busy road to take my 6 week old amg, thankfully my eldest wasn’t home from school! Anyway we had alarm, dog, 4 real cameras and they still came in, I had the keys with me at work and they ran off empty handed but it ruined the ownership for me and I got rid after 5 months. I don’t want to go through that or worse again but we now have large perimeter fence and locked gates so I’d hope they would try elsewhere? It would be blocked in at night and gates are always shut. This has put me off though. I wouldn’t have an RS Audi as they are a common target round my way but you just don’t know...
smigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 08:38 PM   #187
DeadEye
Achieved official socks

Car: M2 LCI in LBB

Quote:
Yup that would teach hitch hikers not to accept lifts from strangers
Read the whole thread, there were two. You need one with the bag at the front door and the other to open the car while the signal is being amplified.

Thought you would have known that.
DeadEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 08:42 PM   #188
E46CoupeM3
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
Read the whole thread, there were two. You need one with the bag at the front door and the other to open the car while the signal is being amplified.

Thought you would have known that.
Well then there was either 1 in the car or there were three unless they walked there, but it was for humour
Old 13th February 2018, 08:51 PM   #189
Uma1r
Achieved official socks

Car: 2015 F80 M3
Colour Combo: Mineral White - Detailed to perfection!

Based on the ‘perfect’ work done at the factory resulting in exponential rattles one can only imagine what a pack of spanners it will sound like after a body shop putting it back together.
Uma1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 09:13 PM   #190
M4lee1985
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma1r View Post
Based on the Ďperfectí work done at the factory resulting in exponential rattles one can only imagine what a pack of spanners it will sound like after a body shop putting it back together.
Old 13th February 2018, 09:32 PM   #191
MarkG M3CP
Wearing official underwear

Car: 2017 M3 Competition Package
Colour Combo: Hera Mica / Silverstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEye View Post
I know this is a bit "after thought-ish" but you must be able to buy the non ribbed bit that goes on the door handle to hide the fact you have Comfort Access?
No point - it'll still show up as part of the spec on an Autotrader search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy View Post
Donít just assume that these work. Put your key in it and try to open the door.
Someone on here linked to one on eBay around the same price and looks exactly the same as this one.
I bought two and tried them as above, didnít make a blind bit of difference, doors unlocked as usual.
You need to be sure and put the key is the back of the pouch - the less obvious lined pocket - otherwise they wont work.
MarkG M3CP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 09:34 PM   #192
E46CoupeM3
Achieved official socks

Did some one say Merc handled this by clicking a button on the fob to turn it off?
Irony being you now press a butt on to "open your fob" not open your door and if you forget your car disappears.

Sorry, seems like pointless technology no one asked for.

On the other hand what about the guy whose car was stolen with apparently the same method and no comfort access.....................

......that's been very quiet