The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum
 

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th February 2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Mark300zx
Rocking a new hat
 
Mark300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 472
Car: 2004 M3 Vert
Default Springs nearest to stock ride height?

Don't want it lowered too much as too many speed bumps in my location, or do I just get the pads to raise the ride height as I have csls?
Mark300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 14th February 2018, 03:34 PM   #2
Hopz121
Achieved official socks
 
Hopz121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Guildford
Posts: 1,531
Car: 2004 BMW M3 Manual
Colour Combo: Silver Grey with Grey leather
Default

Stick with OEM springs? or am I missing something?
Hopz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Mark300zx
Rocking a new hat
 
Mark300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 472
Car: 2004 M3 Vert
Default

Oem break.
Mark300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 03:42 PM   #4
MWagon
Achieved official socks
 
MWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,649
Car: 2002 BMW M Touring
Colour Combo: Silver/Black
Default

Eibach Pro springs have a minimal drop.
MWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 03:43 PM   #5
MWagon
Achieved official socks
 
MWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,649
Car: 2002 BMW M Touring
Colour Combo: Silver/Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopz121 View Post
Stick with OEM springs? or am I missing something?
Or this. They do last a number of years before letting go so could be an option.
MWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 03:55 PM   #6
crockett
On the path
 
crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 69
Car: M3
Default

I have just bought a pair of these
https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...-springs-pair/
Lifetime warranty!
“If they break during normal road use is a replacement sent?” I ask.
“Correct” was the reply.
crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 03:56 PM   #7
TouringRob
Achieved official socks
 
TouringRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,343
Car: M3 Touring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWagon View Post
Or this. They do last a number of years before letting go so could be an option.
Yes exactly. New OEM springs, I've been running with used convertible M3 springs on the back of my touring (which I'm guessing is harsher than a coupe) for over a year now with no breakage.

For note, I replaced the broken Eibach rear springs with these. I believe the convertible rear springs are tougher than the coupe (that could be BS).

Rob,
TouringRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 04:13 PM   #8
crockett
On the path
 
crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 69
Car: M3
Default

I see from my cars history file that BMW replaced both rear springs in 2007 and 2013. Each time there was no charge. I have a rear broken now, so that’s 4 sets in 15 years.
crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 04:17 PM   #9
MWagon
Achieved official socks
 
MWagon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Wiltshire
Posts: 2,649
Car: 2002 BMW M Touring
Colour Combo: Silver/Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringRob View Post
Yes exactly. New OEM springs, I've been running with used convertible M3 springs on the back of my touring (which I'm guessing is harsher than a coupe) for over a year now with no breakage.

For note, I replaced the broken Eibach rear springs with these. I believe the convertible rear springs are tougher than the coupe (that could be BS).

Rob,
I've got the B12 kit on mine specced for a E46 M3 vert and it works really well, they must be pretty close in weight!!
MWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 04:21 PM   #10
TouringRob
Achieved official socks
 
TouringRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,343
Car: M3 Touring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWagon View Post
I've got the B12 kit on mine specced for a E46 M3 vert and it works really well, they must be pretty close in weight!!
Yes that was what I was thinking/hoping!

The touring is still lighter than the vert though (by quite a bit!)
TouringRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 04:22 PM   #11
TouringRob
Achieved official socks
 
TouringRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,343
Car: M3 Touring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
I see from my cars history file that BMW replaced both rear springs in 2007 and 2013. Each time there was no charge. I have a rear broken now, so that’s 4 sets in 15 years.
Do you have fat children? 4 sets in 15 years is a bit much!
TouringRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 06:10 PM   #12
crockett
On the path
 
crockett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 69
Car: M3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringRob View Post
Do you have fat children? 4 sets in 15 years is a bit much!
No thank god! I can see how that would do it though.
A few weeks after a holiday trip with the wife and daughter and all the crap they must take with them, there was a faint rattle from the right rear. Sits about 5mm lower on that side.
The seats don’t appear to have supported people with a lack of portion control.
crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2018, 06:12 PM   #13
TouringRob
Achieved official socks
 
TouringRob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,343
Car: M3 Touring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
No thank god! I can see how that would do it though.
A few weeks after a holiday trip with the wife and daughter and all the crap they must take with them, there was a faint rattle from the right rear. Sits about 5mm lower on that side.
The seats don’t appear to have supported people with a lack of portion control.
Haha, oh well - at least you know whats broken and its not a hard fix. Just annoying!
TouringRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2018, 10:36 AM   #14
ace
Achieved official socks
 
ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 823
Car: 2002 E46 M3 Manual Coupe
Colour Combo: Carbon Black/Kiwi
Default

Kilen springs, as far as I know they don't have the horrible front up stance of the eibachs either!
ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies this website uses, click here.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2018 M3cutters. All Rights Reserved.