The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Member Rides

Old 23rd November 2017, 09:41 PM   #41
Shezbo
Wearing official robes

Car: 2004 E46 M3 Cabriolet

Good work...looking great...best colour of course!!
Shezbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 23rd November 2017, 10:13 PM   #42
boba fett
Achieved official socks

Car: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shezbo View Post
Good work...looking great...best colour of course!!
Blimey, had some uppers !!
boba fett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2017, 08:23 PM   #43
Mini 360
A mere Chipper

Car: June 2001 E46 manual coupe
Colour Combo: Carbon black with Kiwi interior

Another month, another little update.

Found a full interior 5mins away from my house on Facebook Marketplace for a bargain price. Full working M3 interior with heated front seats and inflatable bolsters (which is what really appealed as my interior is just heated). The leather is a bit tired and has wear marks and fading but no scratches or tears so will come up well with what I have planned...

So since they are beaten up and in the horrid colour that is Kiwi, I want to make them in the rare colour choice of cinnamon. Going to get a leather dye kit from the US which has worked wonders on a few American M3s and has the advantage of being made to match the OEM leather colour.

Also the snow hit for a couple of days so I had to take advantage of the RWD nature of the car (pictured here pre-fun times)

Also up this week was the MOT. Failed on a rusty jubilee clip on the fuel tank to filler neck pipe and a burst tie rod bush. Nothing major thankfully and simple to fix.

On the roof of the dealership amongst the other service/sold stock cars.

The clips were described as corroded and letting fuel seep out so I thought they had lost their grip on the pipe but not to the extent that they were. Went to replace them last night and they came off without loosening. Totally corroded through!

New vs old. Thankfully they are easily accessible and I could replace them lying on the street.

And then back to work for the MOT retest and took advantage of the empty valet bay and blasted off all the salt and muck with the heated power washer system

Also got a bargain on some LED rear lights which should arrive soon as well. Will freshen up the rear end and give it the facelift look.

Next steps? Order the dye for the seats and I got a fresh delivery of carbon fibre supplies so I will get the dash trims finished soon too. Its all coming together and I still adore it!
Mini 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 12:28 PM   #44
Deeg01
On the path

Car: 2003 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Titan silver / Black

nice updates mate, cant wait to see how you get on with the leather dye.

Decent result on the MOT also.
Deeg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 08:02 PM   #45
Mini 360
A mere Chipper

Car: June 2001 E46 manual coupe
Colour Combo: Carbon black with Kiwi interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeg01 View Post
nice updates mate, cant wait to see how you get on with the leather dye.

Decent result on the MOT also.
Awaiting a response from a UK distributor for the dye so i don't get hammered by import tax on arrival from the US. No rush to do it but it will be a fun little project.

Today was spent redoing the carbon trims. Did it a few weeks back in a different resin to what I usually use and it looked awful so stripped it all back and started from scratch. Looking better already and its just one coat in. 3 to go.

Final layers to go on tonight and leave overnight to cure before flat back and polish with final lacquer layer to prevent UV damage. Should look smart once its all installed!
Mini 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 11:16 AM   #46
Deeg01
On the path

Car: 2003 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Titan silver / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini 360 View Post
Awaiting a response from a UK distributor for the dye so i don't get hammered by import tax on arrival from the US. No rush to do it but it will be a fun little project.

Today was spent redoing the carbon trims. Did it a few weeks back in a different resin to what I usually use and it looked awful so stripped it all back and started from scratch. Looking better already and its just one coat in. 3 to go.

Final layers to go on tonight and leave overnight to cure before flat back and polish with final lacquer layer to prevent UV damage. Should look smart once its all installed!

Nice, I'd be interested to see your finished results.

I'm still thinking what I'm going to do to sort out my interior trim, I've got 2 different colours spread between the dash & gear stick surround and then the door trims are different.
Deeg01 is offline   Reply With Quote