The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum
 

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2018, 09:48 PM   #381
Theador
On the path
 
Theador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 86
Car: 2003 e46 M3 Carbon Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CARBON1 View Post
Thanks mate, was an interesting experience

All good. I am glad you are happy, enjoy that extra power and drive-ability, shift lights and higher RPM limit with the top speed limiter off oh and almost forgot the m-track mode!

[email protected]@dy awesome! Car feels amazing. Mtrack on tomorrow lol.
Theador is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 5th June 2018, 09:08 AM   #382
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
[email protected]@dy awesome! Car feels amazing. Mtrack on tomorrow lol.
Good mate enjoy.
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 05:07 PM   #383
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

Decided on a summer offer everyone!

Please check my sponsorship area for more details!

Cheers guys, hope you are enjoying the summer!

Mike
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2018, 05:53 PM   #384
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

The last day on this will be tomorrow guys.

Thanks.
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 09:51 AM   #385
Pidge87
A mere Chipper
 
Pidge87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 11
Car: 2003 M3
Colour Combo: Silver Grey
Default

Just dropped you a pm Mike
Pidge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 11:14 AM   #386
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidge87 View Post
Just dropped you a pm Mike
pm sent
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2018, 05:53 AM   #387
Theador
On the path
 
Theador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 86
Car: 2003 e46 M3 Carbon Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlSpace View Post
Am I right in thinking that the map can be installed remotely rather than in person?
Ye just make sure your laptop isnít from the 90s
Theador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2018, 09:03 AM   #388
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theador View Post
Ye just make sure your laptop isnít from the 90s
lol
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 01:37 PM   #389
css
Achieved official socks
 
css's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,291
Car: E46 M3
Default

Had my car remapped sunday evening, remote remap, CSL rev match and inertia update. The whole process was smooth and took about 20-30 mins despite a weak Wi-Fi signal in the garage! I have a standard airbox and had insp 2 with shims done last month.

Firstly, it was a pleasure to work with Mike, he explained everything I asked him about. The remote remap itself was uneventful, I was worried about how it is done, would their be any hiccups along the way etc.. but everything went smoothly.

I have only managed to take the car out today since the remap.
My first impression was that she was not grumpy this morning, hardly any kangarooing when cold. I then filled her up with 99 ron and took the 45 min drive to work.

The CSL rev match seems to work well, I can feel it working but have not had the chance to really see and feel it working to its potential, mainly due to traffic this morning!
The clutch is definitely smoother, seems to be less slur and it engages much quicker. I have not noticed any 'thudding' of the clutch at speed either.

The remap itself. There is a definite increase in power, I'm not really bothered how much bhp before and after. It just feels much better and smoother to drive! The car revs much more freely, the power is available lower in the rpm range now, and it seems that the power keeps on coming and coming until hit the rev limit. Feels like the car previously was being restrained and now wants to fly whenever it can and take you with it!

I haven't yet been able to go on a 'proper spirited' drive yet but I'm looking forward it !

I am very pleased with it all and a big thankyou to Mike for doing this.
css is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:27 PM   #390
Shaks
Achieved official socks
 
Shaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Leicester
Posts: 1,304
Car: BMW E46 M3 2003 SMG
Colour Combo: Carbon Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by css View Post
Had my car remapped sunday evening, remote remap, CSL rev match and inertia update. The whole process was smooth and took about 20-30 mins despite a weak Wi-Fi signal in the garage! I have a standard airbox and had insp 2 with shims done last month.

Firstly, it was a pleasure to work with Mike, he explained everything I asked him about. The remote remap itself was uneventful, I was worried about how it is done, would their be any hiccups along the way etc.. but everything went smoothly.

I have only managed to take the car out today since the remap.
My first impression was that she was not grumpy this morning, hardly any kangarooing when cold. I then filled her up with 99 ron and took the 45 min drive to work.

The CSL rev match seems to work well, I can feel it working but have not had the chance to really see and feel it working to its potential, mainly due to traffic this morning!
The clutch is definitely smoother, seems to be less slur and it engages much quicker. I have not noticed any 'thudding' of the clutch at speed either.

The remap itself. There is a definite increase in power, I'm not really bothered how much bhp before and after. It just feels much better and smoother to drive! The car revs much more freely, the power is available lower in the rpm range now, and it seems that the power keeps on coming and coming until hit the rev limit. Feels like the car previously was being restrained and now wants to fly whenever it can and take you with it!

I haven't yet been able to go on a 'proper spirited' drive yet but I'm looking forward it !

I am very pleased with it all and a big thankyou to Mike for doing this.
Now get the CSL 255 Sw on the SMG
Shaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:38 PM   #391
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

A pleasure mate. Enjoy.
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 04:20 PM   #392
css
Achieved official socks
 
css's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,291
Car: E46 M3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaks View Post
Now get the CSL 255 Sw on the SMG
What would be the benefits of the 255 software too?
css is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 08:20 PM   #393
Jimbo25
Achieved official socks
 
Jimbo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Munich
Posts: 1,065
Car: E46
Colour Combo: Laguna Seca Blue / Black
Default

Mike, is there a catalyst safe pops map? I 100% get why you should have a decat, but just wondering if there is a catalyst safe version given that we have 200 cell cats anyway, and modern cars come with them mapped in nowadays.
Jimbo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 09:32 PM   #394
Theador
On the path
 
Theador's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 86
Car: 2003 e46 M3 Carbon Black
Default

Had some good experiences with the Mtrack option in the first wet weather we’ve had since I bought the M3. Cheers Mike.
Theador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:47 PM   #395
broonster
Achieved official socks
 
broonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,349
Car: Silverstone E46 Individual
Default

Not that it matters much but 3 weeks ish after having mine done i,m still happy with it and i,ve noticed i,ve gone from 21.9 to 22.1mpg before and i,m now at 23.9 to 24.1its not much but its a bonus

Steve
broonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 02:05 PM   #396
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor
 
M3CARBON1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Posts: 1,658
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo25 View Post
Mike, is there a catalyst safe pops map? I 100% get why you should have a decat, but just wondering if there is a catalyst safe version given that we have 200 cell cats anyway, and modern cars come with them mapped in nowadays.
No mate,

The main reason it doesnt work with cats is because it kills the sound, Its pretty much like having a toilet roll with holes in it in your exhaust lol and yes it is not good for them either.
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 05:20 PM   #397
Jimbo25
Achieved official socks
 
Jimbo25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Munich
Posts: 1,065
Car: E46
Colour Combo: Laguna Seca Blue / Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CARBON1 View Post
No mate,

The main reason it doesnt work with cats is because it kills the sound, Its pretty much like having a toilet roll with holes in it in your exhaust lol and yes it is not good for them either.
Got ya, assumed it was about Catalyst durability, didn't appreciate it just dampened it out too. Shame, that's the one thing I'd like out of mine right now but don't want to go decats as the general exhaust note is good.
Jimbo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2018, 07:15 PM   #398
Shaks
Achieved official socks
 
Shaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Leicester
Posts: 1,304
Car: BMW E46 M3 2003 SMG
Colour Combo: Carbon Black
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by css View Post
What would be the benefits of the 255 software too?
Its an update software for the smg found on csl, very smooth gear changes.
Shaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:36 PM.


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies this website uses, click here.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2018 M3cutters. All Rights Reserved.