The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 24th August 2015, 10:44 PM   #21
M1TCH
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW 650i
Colour Combo: Monaco/ champagne
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CARBON1 View Post
For everyone looking at this graph the run was cut early by the operator at 7715RPM where it should have been taken to 8200RPM where the limiter was set.

On most dyno dynamics dynos you can expect an outcome of around 350BHP after the remap and between 328-332BHP on a healthy M3 run in 3rd gear in standard form.

The above dyno was a maha, but would have made 350 corrected power if it was dynod properly, corrected power is what we are looking at here.

But what you can take from this is the torque figure and smoothness of the power curve. I am soon going to get some examples of customer cars on a dyno that I like to use being dyno dynamics and make some more graphs for people to see.
You're the best.
M1TCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 25th August 2015, 12:05 AM   #22
SE24
Wearing official underwear

Car: E46 M3

Where is Mike based?
SE24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 09:40 AM   #23
HannsG
Achieved official socks

Mike I have PMd you
HannsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 10:16 AM   #24
Empower
Achieved official socks

Car: VT550 Supercharged Vert
Colour Combo: Individual Estoril Blue 2 - Cinnamon

Mikes going to do mine as well when i finished my CF airbox install , yeah!
Empower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 01:53 PM   #25
JudManUk

Car: 2005 BMW E46 M3 SMG VERT
Colour Combo: Carbon Black/Imola Red

Getting myn mapped this evening by mike....will let u know how it goes.
JudManUk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 03:34 PM   #26
Juan1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2005 M3
Colour Combo: grey / red

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3nks79 View Post
So I had Mike remap my car today.

What a difference it has made. The power delivery is now instant and it has so much grunt from low in the rev range. The car pulls stronger and is so smooth.

If anyone is pondering on getting this done just do it. You will not be disappointed.
Did he come down here to do it or did you go up to him?
Juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 03:36 PM   #27
j3nks79
Achieved official socks

Car: 05 M3 SMG
Colour Combo: CB/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan1 View Post
Did he come down here to do it or did you go up to him?
He did it remotely carl
j3nks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 03:38 PM   #28
Juan1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2005 M3
Colour Combo: grey / red

I messaged him awhile ago about it but in 2 minds as I'm after a gtr bonnet as well .
Juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 05:41 PM   #29
spawn
Achieved official socks

Car: 2004 BMW M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3CARBON1 View Post
For everyone looking at this graph the run was cut early by the operator at 7715RPM where it should have been taken to 8200RPM where the limiter was set.

On most dyno dynamics dynos you can expect an outcome of around 350BHP after the remap and between 328-332BHP on a healthy M3 run in 3rd gear in standard form.

The above dyno was a maha, but would have made 350 corrected power if it was dynod properly, corrected power is what we are looking at here.

But what you can take from this is the torque figure and smoothness of the power curve. I am soon going to get some examples of customer cars on a dyno that I like to use being dyno dynamics and make some more graphs for people to see.

Cheers Mike for explaining that, I was going to say that the limiter is 8200rpm.
Not really worried about chasing figures, in the real world my car is silky smooth with no flat spots and pulls in every gear to 8200, well not had the balls to do it in 6th yet!! Lol.
You can see on the graph how nice the curve is also!
Thanks again!
spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2015, 06:51 PM   #30
luano

Car: 2004 bmw m3
Colour Combo: carbon black / black

Is there a thread explaining the difference between a gsr box running alpha-n and a gsr box running csl software? not the difference in actual driving, more whats involved with the job its self? i.e is it just a remap or a conversion?
luano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2015, 10:43 PM   #31
M3CARBON1
Site Sponsor

Location: Global Solution Offered Remotely for all remapping needs
Car: 2002 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon - Red nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by luano View Post
Is there a thread explaining the difference between a gsr box running alpha-n and a gsr box running csl software? not the difference in actual driving, more whats involved with the job its self? i.e is it just a remap or a conversion?
The CSL software uses completely different mapping in terms of load points etc..For example the CSL has fuel maps that inject a different amount of fuel at a different time than the normal M3, also uses a map sensor to accurately measure oxygen content entering the engine. Alpha N uses air intake and barometric pressure and RPM. CSL uses all of those plus the main MAP sensor and is much more accurate.

In Lehman's terms

I hope that answers your question.
M3CARBON1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 07:13 AM   #32
stevenEK9
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 M3 Clubsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by luano View Post
My ecu is currently with Mike for conversion

I have been running a gsr airbox and evolve alpha N, was a bit oblivious to the csl map sensor and assumed when i bought the gsr box that alpha n was kinda the only/best way - when i spoke to evolve on the phone about the low end and partial throttle hesitancy they told me to drive round it and that's just how it is.......

Now that i'm running a genuine csl box and having driven a mates csl i know it's not right and should be alot better!!!!

I'll get some pics up of the map sensor install and a back to back comparison once the ecu is back next week from Mike

Cheers
stevenEK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 07:30 AM   #33
Mitch2.0
Achieved official socks

Colour Combo: A mixture of brake dust, rubber pickup and dirt!

What are the real world performance differences between a GSR CSL Airbox and a Carbon remap and just a Carbon remap on a normal engine with a standard intake?
Mitch2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 07:43 AM   #34
Stu78
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch2.0 View Post
What are the real world performance differences between a GSR CSL Airbox and a Carbon remap and just a Carbon remap on a normal engine with a standard intake?
Who cares it's all about getting that CSL induction sound.

All I know is Your going to see around 360 bhp with a CSL style airbox and remap as this seems the normal figure most are getting on here and according to Mike too

Ditching the restrictive stock airbox and maf and running the much more advanced CSL software and map sensor is going to make the car drive so much better accompanied by much better airflow and a lot more cold air too if fitting the CSL cold air feed to the snorkel

Last edited by Stu78; 29th August 2015 at 07:47 AM.
Stu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 01:13 PM   #35
Cuttah
Achieved official socks

Car: 1997 Estoril Blue / Silver Grey leather OEM E36 Evo Coupe

So with Carbons map, we are talking about a generic remap for the E46 M3 and not one specific to the individual car?

Wouldn't one fitted with things like a GSR / CSL airbox, or different profile cams need a more specific map?
Cuttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 04:37 PM   #36
j3nks79
Achieved official socks

Car: 05 M3 SMG
Colour Combo: CB/Black

So Ive done a fair few miles and a mixture of driving since having this done.
This is by far the best money Ive spent on my car. Great work by Mike
j3nks79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 08:11 PM   #37
cossie1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 M3 Coupe
Colour Combo: Jet Black / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch2.0 View Post
Minimal performance difference.

IIRC Gibbo2005 made just shy of 380bhp with stock intake and Evolve remap (he also went to Evolve as nobody believed the figures were correct, and he put down the same power there too), then he switched to GSR CSL airbox, MSS54HP ecu with CSL sw, TTFS remap and map sensor and pulled just shy of 380bhp again on the same dyno.
cossie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 09:02 PM   #38
Stu78
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Minimal performance difference.

IIRC Gibbo2005 made just shy of 380bhp with stock intake and Evolve remap (he also went to Evolve as nobody believed the figures were correct, and he put down the same power there too), then he switched to GSR CSL airbox, MSS54HP ecu with CSL sw, TTFS remap and map sensor and pulled just shy of 380bhp again on the same dyno.
380 with stock airbox and maff??? Not likely.

Most std cars are going to put out around 320 of the 338 when new give or take depending on age and condition so no way a remap alone is gonna give you 60bhp!!

360 is the figure with a csl airbox and this seems to be reported by most people who have gone down the csl airbox route. As the csl air boxes have far better airflow and also gets rid of the restrictive maff I can't see how that figure with a stick intake and remap is even remotely possible.

That's more than a stock csl produces!! Lol

Last edited by Stu78; 29th August 2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 29th August 2015, 09:07 PM   #39
cossie1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 M3 Coupe
Colour Combo: Jet Black / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu78 View Post
380 with stock airbox and maff??? Not likely.

Most std cars are going to put out around 320 of the 338 when new give or take depending on age and condition so no way a remap alone is gonna give you 60bhp!!

360 is the figure with a csl airbox and this seems to be reported by most people who have gone down the csl airbox route. As the csl air boxes have far better airflow and also gets rid of the restrictive maff I can't see how that figure with a stick intake and remap is even remotely possible.

That's more than a stock csl?? Lol
As said, everyone on here was saying the same, so he took the car to Evolve and it put down the same numbers on there dyno

Why do you think the maf is a restriction ?
cossie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 09:24 PM   #40
Stu78
Achieved official socks

[QUOTE=cossie1;1769901]As said, everyone on here was saying the same, so he took the car to Evolve and it put down the same numbers on there dyno

Why do you think the maf is a restriction ?[/QUOTE

So 60 bhp from a remap alone? When he moved to CSL airbox he should of seen further gains as the stock airflow is far more restrictive so how can he not make any further gains? Just doesn't all add up to me. Don't know anyone else on here that's made 380 with a stock intake? Don't believe it for 1 minute like everyone else by the sounds of it. It's impossible to produce those figures unless a lot more engine work has been done.

Plus don't know anyone who has not made a gain when fitting a CSL airbox? Just all a bit odd.

Last edited by Stu78; 29th August 2015 at 09:29 PM.