The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques

Old 18th July 2018, 07:08 PM   #1
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Car: BMW F82 M4 ZCP
Default Audi RS3 - Best Deal

I'm thinking about an RS3 to replace the M4 temporarily until the next M3 iteration is out in a couple of years.

I know a few on here have made the switch so thought I would see if anyone can give some advice.

I have found a high specification 2018 RS3 with the spec I would want - £54k list.

It is the managers' car and low mileage with just over 1000 miles on the clock.

Does anybody have experience of what discount to look for? Any idea on the typical APR Audi finance will offer on used?
lindorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 18th July 2018, 10:39 PM   #2
Adamantium
Achieved official socks

Car: Audi Q5 3.0TDi, Audi A5 3.0TDi Cab

Stick the spec into carwow. You'd be surprised how much the discount can vary.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2018, 01:11 PM   #3
blitzmo
On the path

Car: Dramas

M2 surely?
blitzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2018, 06:44 PM   #4
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzmo View Post
M2 surely?
Too similar to what I have mate. I'm a petrolhead so love to change cars every couple of years for something different.

That being said my car was in for a software update and it's changed the car completely so I might keep the M4 to see how it plays out.
Old 21st July 2018, 01:33 PM   #5
lindorez
Wearing official robes

I went for a test drive in the RS3 saloon today and the M4 is definitely staying. It just made me realise how good M cars are.

Don't get me wrong I think the RS3 is a fantastic car and I understand why people love them. Looked fantastic in Nardo with the black pack. Goes like the speed of light for a small car. It honestly just did not excite me when driving it.

The weather was slightly damp and I could floor it no problem. It just however felt lifeless with the exception of a couple of pops and bangs every now and then.

Basically with the financials they wanted £200 more per month for the RS3 so it was a no go. I just could not pay more for a less engaging car.

I had a look at the RS5 and I must admit I thought it looked great but it felt like a side step to the M4 for a lot more money. I also got the sales pitch of how rare they are and I had to buy the one they had in stock which was a low spec model, at that point I had to leave.

One thing I would say is I walked around the dealership and with the exception of the R8 V10 there was not one car I thought I really love that.

I like the idea of an Audi but the reality is not for me. I did come out without a lighter wallet and happy to be in my M4 so was a good day for me.
Old 22nd July 2018, 04:12 AM   #6
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Car: 2018 RS5

TLDR: “couldn’t afford it”

Last edited by Moonstone; 22nd July 2018 at 04:14 AM.
Moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 07:03 AM   #7
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonstone View Post
Yeah I'm really struggling financially just now. Your obviously doing so well if your in your RS5, if only I can aspire to be like you one day. What's your secret? Do you get paid to troll forums and act like a knob?
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:15 AM   #8
GUVNOR
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindorez View Post
Yeah I'm really struggling financially just now. Your obviously doing so well if your in your RS5, if only I can aspire to be like you one day. What's your secret? Do you get paid to troll forums and act like a knob?
Lol
GUVNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:16 AM   #9
GUVNOR
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3

Quote:
Don't think it's about affording it's more can you justify wasting an extra 200 a month
GUVNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:33 PM   #10
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Quote:
What's your secret?
Having a sense of humour and not getting too touchy about the opinions of strangers on the internet

Last edited by Moonstone; 22nd July 2018 at 12:38 PM.
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:00 PM   #11
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Having a sense of humour and not getting too touchy about the opinions of strangers on the internet
That's funny mate as you were clearly over thinking what I said and felt the need to edit your post and add the section about being touchy about opinions. Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

I made my sarcastic comment because yours was irrelevant. You know nothing about my financial situation or any other members on the forum. So if you don't have anything useful to say don't bother.
Old 22nd July 2018, 01:11 PM   #12
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Quote:
That's funny mate as you were clearly over thinking what I said and felt the need to edit your post and add the section about being touchy about opinions. Pot calling the kettle black, eh?

I made my sarcastic comment because yours was irrelevant. You know nothing about my financial situation or any other members on the forum. So if you don't have anything useful to say don't bother.
Listen Percy. Big Jock’s in a dodgy signal area and on his fancy expensive iphone. Don’t get your wee Percy knickers in a twist because you can’t afford a new toy now. It’s not big Jock’s fault ye huvnae a pot to piss in...

Old 22nd July 2018, 06:22 PM   #13
Iatm
Achieved official socks

Car: M6 Gran Coupe LCI

Quote:

Iatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 08:13 PM   #14
EddieM3
Wearing official underwear

Car: F80 M3 CP
Colour Combo: Silverstone II / Silverstone Leather

If people move from one marque to another, they will defend it at all costs despite being on the forum of their older marque.

It's as simple as that.

Everyone else needs to know how good their new marque is, including the people they've left behind.
EddieM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:01 PM   #15
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieM3 View Post
If people move from one marque to another, they will defend it at all costs despite being on the forum of their older marque.

It's as simple as that.

Everyone else needs to know how good their new marque is, including the people they've left behind.
Some people maybe. RS5 is alright. Not much in it and I’ll probably buy the new M4 when I’m done. I’m still here because it’s fairly cosmopolitan in terms of marques and the RS forum is mince. I was just having a bit of a joke with the OP but he took the huff.
Old 24th July 2018, 12:23 PM   #16
johnraider

Car: M135i

Quote:
I'm thinking about an RS3 to replace the M4 temporarily until the next M3 iteration is out in a couple of years.

I know a few on here have made the switch so thought I would see if anyone can give some advice.

I have found a high specification 2018 RS3 with the spec I would want - £54k list.

It is the managers' car and low mileage with just over 1000 miles on the clock.

Does anybody have experience of what discount to look for? Any idea on the typical APR Audi finance will offer on used?
What was the spec , colour and where ?

Thanks

John
johnraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2018, 10:13 PM   #17
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnraider View Post
What was the spec , colour and where ?

Thanks

John
The RS3 was Nardo with black pack and they also added carbon mirrors. It had done 350 miles last weekend.

Dealer was Lookers Glasgow but I would not rate them at all.

Fully loaded I can't think of many options it didn't have.
Old 24th July 2018, 11:20 PM   #18
johnraider

Car: M135i

Nardo
Thanks
johnraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2018, 09:20 AM   #19
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Car: RS Savage

RS3 is a fantastic car, I don’t miss my F80 M3 at all.
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2018, 08:34 PM   #20
C1CDG
Achieved official socks

Car: Fire Orange CP F80 :D

I’ve been looking at RS3’s lately and also the RS4/5...

Haven’t decided what route if any to go down yet, I’m also in the situation that negative equity makes the RS4/5 more per month than my M3 but the RS3 much the same per month as the M3.

Visually there’s no comparison, the RS4 id say looks equally as nice as the M3 but the 3 or 5 are much more subtle, yet much fresher looking.
I just find rattles, creaks and the overall build quality a bit lacking in the M3 and it’s my main issue with the car.
C1CDG is offline   Reply With Quote