The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > 1M and M2

Old 10th April 2018, 11:24 AM   #181
SteveP1206
On the path

Car: 2014 VW Golf R

Without sounding daft; do we think these sort of deals will still be around in about a year? When is the M2 due to be stopping manufacture? Will the imminent CS/comp pack effect these heavy new discounts?

I got a Golf R 6 months ago now, I love it, mapped it actually feels quicker than an M2 (took one out recently); but still I really fancy an M2. I think it looks much better and will be more of an occasion to drive every time. I have worked out I could probably sell the Golf, pay off the remainder of the loan I have on that and PCP a new M2 for about the same amount, so it is very tempting. Ok I will own the Golf once the loan is fully paid off 5.5 years but it wonít be worth much by then anyway so the money lost is all fairly similar I would have said. When I bought the Golf I didnít even think a £45k M2 was even remotely possible financially for the same money as a £22k R, so didnít even look into one properly; but it seems I was perhaps wrong.

So do I flog the Golf now and go for it, or wait, have some use of the Golf (hence the initial questions about in one years time) but risk not being able to get one at these monthlies then.

Sorry for the long post!
SteveP1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10th April 2018, 11:50 AM   #182
M4lee1985
Achieved official socks

Car: All black M4 > LBB M2
Colour Combo: LBB

once You get the itch it has to be scratched
M4lee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 08:46 AM   #183
Raif
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3, 5 series daily, bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP1206 View Post
Without sounding daft; do we think these sort of deals will still be around in about a year? When is the M2 due to be stopping manufacture? Will the imminent CS/comp pack effect these heavy new discounts?

I got a Golf R 6 months ago now, I love it, mapped it actually feels quicker than an M2 (took one out recently); but still I really fancy an M2. I think it looks much better and will be more of an occasion to drive every time. I have worked out I could probably sell the Golf, pay off the remainder of the loan I have on that and PCP a new M2 for about the same amount, so it is very tempting. Ok I will own the Golf once the loan is fully paid off 5.5 years but it wonít be worth much by then anyway so the money lost is all fairly similar I would have said. When I bought the Golf I didnít even think a £45k M2 was even remotely possible financially for the same money as a £22k R, so didnít even look into one properly; but it seems I was perhaps wrong.

So do I flog the Golf now and go for it, or wait, have some use of the Golf (hence the initial questions about in one years time) but risk not being able to get one at these monthlies then.

Sorry for the long post!
Definitely deals to had and a superior car however don't forget to take into account that you will have a final payment of around 20k after you 4 year term with the PCP to own the car and avoid having to give it back. From your post I'm assuming the Golf is HP.

If you have to hand the car back (i.e. can't afford the balloon payment) then you would be approx 20k down after 4 years for the pleasure. However if the gfv is low enough and you have the money you could end up owning the M2 having paid a pretty reasonable price all in...

I'm sure someone will correct me if i've got it wrong but if thats the case I would chop the Golf in asap and a secure an M2 deal
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 09:17 AM   #184
M4lee1985
Achieved official socks

Car: All black M4 > LBB M2
Colour Combo: LBB

Yep or buy it outright and lose it in depreciation, the gfv are usually a little lower than expected so you have some equity to roll over into the next car if you have it at the end of the term , also find out when your VT is
M4lee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote