The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > F80 M3 Saloon / F82 M4 Coupe / F83 M4 Convertible

Old 9th July 2018, 07:40 PM   #221
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Car: RS Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk21 View Post
Crikey.

Didnít last long bumming the wife then ?

And most of us make do with a cigarette afterwards at best.

Still that would explain some of the mood swings
Mate sheís on my Mike as Iím typing this
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 9th July 2018, 07:41 PM   #222
Magicman
Achieved official socks

Car: 2018 Audi RS5
Colour Combo: Mythos Black on Black

For the record I've owned and lived with both (and lots of other nice stuff) & don't think either one is better than the other. They're two different solutions to the same problem. If you could mix the best elements of both , now that would be a car....

What I will say though, and I've said it before and it genuinely surprises me given that my M4 was YMB and mpe and my rs5 is black is that the Audi gets more positive attention from Joe public.
This might be due to the numbers though. It got a lot of attention at car cafe but then it was the only one there and there were 10 m4s
Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 07:48 PM   #223
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman View Post
For the record I've owned and lived with both (and lots of other nice stuff) & don't think either one is better than the other. They're two different solutions to the same problem. If you could mix the best elements of both , now that would be a car....

What I will say though, and I've said it before and it genuinely surprises me given that my M4 was YMB and mpe and my rs5 is black is that the Audi gets more positive attention from Joe public.
This might be due to the numbers though. It got a lot of attention at car cafe but then it was the only one there and there were 10 m4s
Itís a sweet ride mate, It looked nice at the weekend
Old 9th July 2018, 07:49 PM   #224
Derekh929
Achieved official socks

Car: AMG C63s Coupe, F56 JCW
Colour Combo: BB - WS CR Roof

Not been on much of late and look what happens cutters goes all Rambo again
Thank god things are back to normal.
What’s all this Derek malarkey, I thought you were an adopted Scot know Penatrator
This thread is just classic cutters awol threads, Audi have got me taking notice with there latest crop, but I’m having to much fun in the excellent Scottish weather with the AMG that has no grip oh sorry I mean traction
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 07:50 PM   #225
Derek147
Wearing official underwear

Car: Fire Orange F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
true!

TBF the lads who know me know I love the M3, it’s the second best car I’ve owned (after Audi), I’m purely stirring the porridge and having a crack as some people on here are so blinkered and the comments they come out with are priceless

Derek I love the Fire orange M3, there bloody amazing cars. The RS5 is a very good car, it’s not the finished article but then neither was the F80 when it first appeared but I’m sure it will become a great one.

And finally my RS3 is better and faster and more exciting than all your boring M3s.
All good with me mate.

I don’t think my opinion is the only one in the world and at least 80% of what I have said has either been qualified with its ‘only my opinion’ or is too ridiculous to take serious anyway.

Bit of porridge stirring aswell if anyone gets upset with that then I give up.
Derek147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 07:50 PM   #226
jayukRS
Achieved official socks

Car: M4 Austin yellow Comp pack DCT
Colour Combo: Austin/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman View Post

It's always nice see a new car. As you say the car cafe meet is dominated by M4's. On my last 3 meets there was plenty of M4's and there wasn't one RS5, in fact there wasn't many RS cars at all apart from penatrators.

Apart from the occasional traction issue the M4 for me would be perfect that said it's been bloody brilliant over the last few weeks. I think this was the main reason you jumped ship (traction). Now an M4 with switchable 4WD will be something else.
jayukRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 07:54 PM   #227
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
Whatís all this Derek malarkey, I thought you were an adopted Scot know Penatrator
This thread is just classic cutters awol threads, Audi have got me taking notice with there latest crop, but Iím having to much fun in the excellent Scottish weather with the AMG that has no grip oh sorry I mean traction

Old 9th July 2018, 07:55 PM   #228
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek147 View Post
All good with me mate.

I donít think my opinion is the only one in the world and at least 80% of what I have said has either been qualified with its Ďonly my opinioní or is too ridiculous to take serious anyway.

Bit of porridge stirring aswell if anyone gets upset with that then I give up.

Derek enjoy your car, she is a standout beast! In fact Iím sure Iíve past you in it up near Glasgow???
Old 9th July 2018, 07:57 PM   #229
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayukRS View Post
It's always nice see a new car. As you say the car cafe meet is dominated by M4's. On my last 3 meets there was plenty of M4's and there wasn't one RS5, in fact there wasn't many RS cars at all apart from penatrators.

Apart from the occasional traction issue the M4 for me would be perfect that said it's been bloody brilliant over the last few weeks. I think this was the main reason you jumped ship (traction). Now an M4 with switchable 4WD will be something else.

I counted at least 3 RS last Saturday weíre slowly taking over
Old 9th July 2018, 07:59 PM   #230
jayukRS
Achieved official socks

Car: M4 Austin yellow Comp pack DCT
Colour Combo: Austin/black

Quote:
I counted at least 3 RS last Saturday weíre slowly taking over
Never!

Audi need lessons on how to Fuk up the market with 0% etc before that happens
jayukRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 08:03 PM   #231
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayukRS View Post
Never!

Audi need lessons on how to Fuk up the market with 0% etc before that happens
I heard that all the M cars that were there on Saturday depreciated that much collectively in 2hrs that you could buy a 720s
Old 9th July 2018, 08:10 PM   #232
Derek147
Wearing official underwear

Car: Fire Orange F80 M3

Quote:
Derek enjoy your car, she is a standout beast! In fact Iím sure Iíve past you in it up near Glasgow???
Yes mate so far mines is the only one Iíve seen though I believe parks in Hamilton sold an FO F80 to a local customer not so long ago.

We can all just hug it now, peace has been restored and agree on the fact that bmw are raping the whole performance saloon market at the moment
Derek147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 10:50 PM   #233
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Car: 2018 RS5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek147 View Post
In general RS doesn’t count among general public and like we have said on here even as enthusiasts none of us can tell one Audi from the next passing by.

In Glasgow majority of young guys or girls are driving overwhelmingly Audi vs BMW M or otherwise the problem with this thread is between the Audi guys as usual can’t even make your mind up what the arguement is.

Your arguing M cars are more common than RS in Glasgow, we had the other one arguing the younger generation perceive Audi to be cooler than Bmw to the younger generation. Make up your mind or find a forum where folk speak Lego Technik.

Sticking to my original point Audi as a marque is way more popular with the wrong type of buyer and for that reason alone I wouldn’t drive one let alone the fact that you can’t tell the average Passat mobile apart from an. 80k RS7 or whatever they all look the same.
I never said that the younger generation perceive... wait... know what, I can feel my IQ reducing as I respond. I’m going to leave you to it because although my views are pretty balanced I’m started to get that you’re really not very clever. “Lego Technik”? You’re like the dumb kid in the class that invents one golden nugget of banter and keeps repeating it in the hope that someone will laugh, only to be crushed inside when no one even manages a snigger.

You keep liking BMWs and the flawed logic that ones life choices are defined b6 the brand of product they buy. I’ll continue to like BMWs, Audis, Mercs and keeping an open mind.

Last edited by Moonstone; 9th July 2018 at 10:59 PM.
Moonstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 10:56 PM   #234
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferosferio View Post
Not a huge fan of the wheels but the rest of it... Congrats, mate. As an aside, that looks like Gordon's (Defined Details) unit, right? I haven't had any of my cars worked on by him but his work is exceptional, he's among the very best in the business.

This thread though, Jesus. There are some good/bad Audis and, guess what, the same applies to BMWs. And every other brand. Some of the comments are laughable. Can we get this locked and move on?
It is mate. Wheels are definitely an acquired taste. Iím not 100% on them either!
Old 9th July 2018, 10:58 PM   #235
Moonstone
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
Whatís all this Derek malarkey, I thought you were an adopted Scot know Penatrator
This thread is just classic cutters awol threads, Audi have got me taking notice with there latest crop, but Iím having to much fun in the excellent Scottish weather with the AMG that has no grip oh sorry I mean traction
Iím actually a Derek as well and Iím cool as fvck.
Old 10th July 2018, 08:35 AM   #236
Raif
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3, E60 5 series, Panda 100hp, Bikes

Damn people are passionate about the brands they drive. My original comments are still valid, you can't listen to someone elses opinion when choosing a car. A days test drive with all your options is a must.

I'm lucky in that my pal rents out all these kind of cars so I get to have "extended test drives" when I fancy seeing what one is about even though I have intention of changing my E92. Neither the M4 or RS impress me much. 4WD ruins everything FOR ME. I'm not interested in a car which is better from 0-60 but nothing else. WTF is all year ability? I commute all year round in RWD cars (and used to do it on motorbikes lol).

The dynamics of the ///M car feel so much better even if the engine doesn't light my fire. I couldn't live with an Audi in that respect. I find them frustrating to put it politely. I also not the kind of person who understands the discussion over interior. The seats need to be good but I don't notice any of the other stuff when I'm driving. HUD is also the most annoying thing ever put on a motor vehicle but most of my friends will not spec a car without it...
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote