The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques

Old 8th May 2018, 03:02 PM   #61
Kev78
Achieved official socks

Car: 2016 XC60 D5 polestar. 2005 350z Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk21 View Post
Yes you are right it is a bit harsh. Note to self, do not discuss cars and opinions after too many Saturday night pints

I will say though that the RS3 does nothing for me albeit I think it has a great engine. A faintly inert drive and whilst quicker than everything else in the class feels much heavier and the power attracts a lot of “launch control innit” merchants. Golf R, M2 or A45 for me in this segment.
The engine is a heavy lump but the new one has a alliminium head and is lighter.

Not the most exciting car in the world. But nice sound, interior and usable power all year round.

The new A45 is a good looking car inside and out. The current one is beginning to date now.

I have got a soft spot for the golf r. I know some say they are boring but I disagree. The damping is really good too.
Kev78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10th May 2018, 07:32 PM   #62
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Car: Audi RS3 Facelift

Just got back from an amazing long weekend at the Nürburgring with some fellow cutters and I must say this RS3 is an absolutely hoofin car! We were tanking along all the way there for a start and it only used a tank and a quarter to get there so no snags with fuel economy not that it bothers me. The car was extremely comfortable for the duration, with the tunes pumping via the awesome B&O system. Virtual cockpit was a treat on the navigation front and as for the epic driving that was done, well to say it’s an inert or boring drive then you must be very very ignorant or you’ve only driven it for a quick blast as I assure you this new Facelift RS3 is a weapon and I had a right blast with it, showing a clean set of heels to some epic cars and embarrassing a few big time Charlie’s lol. Car handled great and performed great and finally put a smile on my face from start to finish. I’ve had my exhaust fettled by PCW and it sounds incredible as I’m sure my fellow cutters can attest that went too. All in all do I miss my Comp Pack M3??? Absolutely no chance! Anybody seriously considering this car please don’t listen to all the “cutters blinkered fanboy journalists” just go for it!

Not after starting a slagging off match either! Oh and I got 11.2% discount on my car
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 01:24 PM   #63
mcpickerin
A mere Chipper

Car: 2016 Manual M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penetrator View Post
Just got back from an amazing long weekend at the Nürburgring with some fellow cutters and I must say this RS3 is an absolutely hoofin car! We were tanking along all the way there for a start and it only used a tank and a quarter to get there so no snags with fuel economy not that it bothers me. The car was extremely comfortable for the duration, with the tunes pumping via the awesome B&O system. Virtual cockpit was a treat on the navigation front and as for the epic driving that was done, well to say it’s an inert or boring drive then you must be very very ignorant or you’ve only driven it for a quick blast as I assure you this new Facelift RS3 is a weapon and I had a right blast with it, showing a clean set of heels to some epic cars and embarrassing a few big time Charlie’s lol. Car handled great and performed great and finally put a smile on my face from start to finish. I’ve had my exhaust fettled by PCW and it sounds incredible as I’m sure my fellow cutters can attest that went too. All in all do I miss my Comp Pack M3??? Absolutely no chance! Anybody seriously considering this car please don’t listen to all the “cutters blinkered fanboy journalists” just go for it!

Not after starting a slagging off match either! Oh and I got 11.2% discount on my car
Out of interest what deal did you work? did you buy outright or PCP?

Thanks
mcpickerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2018, 01:29 PM   #64
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Car: Audi RS3 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpickerin View Post
Out of interest what deal did you work? did you buy outright or PCP?

Thanks

Hi mate,

PCP deal with 11.2% from the start price of £51k I believe it was.
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote