The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > M3 CSL / M3 GT and other Limited Editions

Old 12th February 2018, 11:38 AM   #21
mboon
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
£3-5k per year really ? Show me someone who is willing to pay £30k for E36 M3 Evolution Imola Individual unless it is
1-3 owners
Sub 60k mileage
FBMWSH
Serviced every 2 years
OEM
You sound very negative towards the price increase of the E36.

Why does it bother you so much?

It might be best if you stayed off the E36 posts if the price increases upset you
mboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12th February 2018, 11:57 AM   #22
pony
Achieved official socks

Car: 2006 BMW M3 CS Coupe; 1987 325i SPORT; 2000 FACELIFT 750iL
Colour Combo: Carbon Black Metallic Paint ; Black Nappa Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboon View Post
You sound very negative towards the price increase of the E36.

Why does it bother you so much?

It might be best if you stayed off the E36 posts if the price increases upset you
I like the E36 M3 but just injecting some real world considerations on people thinking itís a gold mine.

Doubt many on here have a spec equivalent to what I posted which would command top prices.

Is your M3 FBMWSH ?
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2018, 12:12 PM   #23
mboon
Achieved official socks

Not sure what my car has to do with this.

For people who purchased them at the right time, they do have some decent money in them and for some, that amount of money is like a gold mind. Horses for courses.

So if this affects the E36 M3 GT/Imola imagine what it will do to the E46 CS. We will all be driving them around as throw away cars soon :joy:
Old 12th February 2018, 01:35 PM   #24
pony
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboon View Post
Not sure what my car has to do with this.

For people who purchased them at the right time, they do have some decent money in them and for some, that amount of money is like a gold mind. Horses for courses.

So if this affects the E36 M3 GT/Imola imagine what it will do to the E46 CS. We will all be driving them around as throw away cars soon :joy:
Car values I think may be coming down soon and may affect a lot of classic cars. Although I hope not. The classic car market been very buoyant for 7 years. Things may change if interest rates go up and all the people with mortgages and cars on finance. Who knows.
Old 12th February 2018, 02:16 PM   #25
mboon
Achieved official socks

Lots of "thinks and maybes" in there. It is a lottery like anything.

So back on topic to the GT/Imola owners. Feel free to update if you have anything useful to add
Old 12th February 2018, 04:47 PM   #26
rvbush
Achieved official socks

Car: E36 M3 Evolution Imola Edition No 36

Ill stick my two pen'orth in!

I bought mine in 2005, simply because I liked the Imola version. It's different, and obviously there aren't that many around. I watched as it depreciated over the next few years but it didn't bother me because I was enjoying just owning one. However, prices then started to go up. This was good news, not because I wanted to make money or brag about the car's value, but because it let me spend some cash on it to keep it absolutely mint and to know that my investment in doing so was as safe as it can be.

Without the increase in value I would have had to watch it slowly deteriorate and I really wouldn't have liked that, so I would probably have sold it.

I'm not interested in making money on the car, just in not losing my shirt on it. I couldn't care less if the value goes down a bit, or continues to rise. I doubt I've made a penny on it given all the expenditure just to keep it over the years (tax, insurance, servicing etc) and the improvements I've been able to make.

Now, just so that someone can tell me it's worth nothing, it has 140k miles on it, it's 2 previous owners and only has FBMWSH up to around 105k miles. However, it's been improved steadily in my ownership and every receipt is there to prove it. I've done my own servicing from 105k onwards, it does about 1.2k a year now and gets an oil change every 2 years. Everything is logged and the lever arch file of info is about to burst.
rvbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 06:22 AM   #27
MikeyT
A mere Chipper

Car: E36 M3 GT ii
Colour Combo: Imola Red

Exactly that mate! Prices aside it's just nice to own somthing so rare/special and I very much doubt anyone here purchased there's hoping to be sitting on a gold mine? I spot a hint of jealousy in there somewhere too.

I myself have owned a fair few different M3's but was attracted to the looks of these and just how rare they are, an M3 is a special car in any form but to have one more special is what did it for me.
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 07:53 AM   #28
equinox
On the path

Car: E90 V8 DCT !
Colour Combo: Silverstone 2 / Black Leather

Very true... I've been very lucky..at one point I ow ed 2 of the e cars this section is for... an amazing time and I was very fortunate. Now I have an E90 and a lot of memories...all good ones... for me it was the time to move on and I'm glad I did but that's not the same for everyone.
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2018, 08:56 AM   #29
pony
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
Exactly that mate! Prices aside it's just nice to own somthing so rare/special and I very much doubt anyone here purchased there's hoping to be sitting on a gold mine? I spot a hint of jealousy in there somewhere too.

I myself have owned a fair few different M3's but was attracted to the looks of these and just how rare they are, an M3 is a special car in any form but to have one more special is what did it for me.
It is a cool car.
No jealousy from me I’ve got the E46 M3 CS which is highly regarded model.
Old 13th February 2018, 09:16 AM   #30
mboon
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
It is a cool car.
No jealousy from me Iíve got the E46 M3 CS which is highly regarded model.
Congratulations.

So back to the E36 GT/Imola