The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Engine maintenance, upgrades and modifications

Old 12th September 2018, 08:23 PM   #1
JC7
A mere Chipper

Car: 2016 F80 M3 DCT
Default Stage 1 Remap! :-)

Hi guys had my 2016 F80 M3 remapped this week. Firstly Iím not going to say who it was or what the exact figures were but it was from a reputable company and wasnít a cheap £200 off the shelf jobby!

Basically around the 500hp and 750Nm mark, however now it seems like the mid range is massive but almost to the point itís no fun to rev it now. Seems to die above 5.5k, I know the boosted M3 donít rev anyway but it seems more like a diesel with high RPM

Also the throttle response is ridiculous, to the point where I physically canít modulate the throttle without it almost banging the drivetrain, like an on off switch.

Anyone else had car mapped and experience similar symptoms, could be me being fussy. Gearbox is so pants too, like kangerooing even worse although Iím booked in with Henry for the CS/GTS gearbox and drivetrain map Saturday so that should smooth things out!

Any feedback would be great. Cheers guys
JC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 13th September 2018, 10:03 AM   #2
Der
On the path

Car: M3 (F80)

Who did you map with? I have previously had a remap from a large tuner from the UK (not Evolve) and changed to a US tuner who is popular on bimmerpost ([email protected]). While the original tune was similar to OEM, my current tune is even MORE drivable than OEM.

I suggest it may be a good idea to ask for your money back, do a bit more research and go with someone else.
Der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2018, 07:29 AM   #3
Nathan
Achieved official socks

Car: none

Sounds like a GAD map
Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2018, 09:58 PM   #4
JC7
A mere Chipper

Car: 2016 F80 M3 DCT

I’d rather not say who done the map but who have you guys used in the UK?

What makes you think it’s a GAD map?
JC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2018, 11:22 PM   #5
Der
On the path

Car: M3 (F80)

I had a GAD map. It was not bad at all! Its just the tune I have now feels more OEM. Absolutely nothing bad to say about GAD, in fact the opposite.
Der is offline   Reply With Quote