The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > F80 M3 Saloon / F82 M4 Coupe / F83 M4 Convertible

Old 13th September 2018, 11:17 PM   #1
Mark9661
Wearing official underwear

Car: M4
Colour Combo: Black/Black.
Default BootMode Configurations.

Anyone configured the stage 2 map? I'm talking about exhaust burbles etc. What is your set up?
Mark9661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 14th September 2018, 07:40 PM   #2
glynharper
Achieved official socks

Car: 2014 F82 M4 DCT
Colour Combo: Mineral White / Black Nappa Leather

Well I'm only on stage 1, but I have catless downpipes. These are my settings.
glynharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2018, 08:27 PM   #3
Labeeq786
On the path

Car: 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynharper View Post
Well I'm only on stage 1, but I have catless downpipes. These are my settings.
does boost reduction make a big difference in helping to get all the power down?

what tyres are you running?
Labeeq786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Mark9661

That's great Glyn Thanks for the reply.
Old 14th September 2018, 08:41 PM   #5
glynharper
Achieved official socks

I don't generally floor mine in 1st or 2nd to be fair, so I've copied my boost settings from what the guys in the US are doing. I've not noticed any latency in 1st or 2nd so it can only be good.

As for the burble.. I do have decat front pipes. I wouldn't be so aggressive if I did, in case I damaged them. That's also why I have the Cat heating CEL warnings off as well.
Old 14th September 2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Mark9661

I'm wanting Cold start, GTS roar at start, most aggressive burble and longest duration, along with burbles at all rev ranges. What would be the settings?
Old 14th September 2018, 10:51 PM   #7
Juan1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2005 M3
Colour Combo: grey / red

Keeping an eye on this thread as I’ll be getting bootmod3 with evolve down pipes
Juan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 07:48 AM   #8
Talb87
A mere Chipper

Car: 2016 M3

Hi

BM3 free GTS / CS maps....

Been discussing setting up Bm3 on other thread, can anyone tell me if these maps actually change performance on non-CP F80 or whether it is just a software update.

I cannot find any details on whether these actually increase HP or just change other parameters (sounds better etc). Is it purely stage 1 / 2 that change performance figures?
Talb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 09:41 AM   #9
glynharper
Achieved official socks

You don’t get the GTS or CS maps on their own for free, you still need to pay for a stage 1 or 2 and then you are able to choose from them as well.
And yes, they will give you the same maps as the CS and GTS, so the same HP increases as well. You won’t have water injection though, but those features are disabled in the free maps I believe.
The sound parameters are something extra to play with on all the maps, but if you leave everything on the GTS map OEM, it should make similar sounds to the GTS although I think it had a different exhaust so it won’t be exactly the same.
I get the GTS startup roar on mine, but I have the cold start cat warming off as I don’t have primary cats to warm up.. and it would be just too loud. Losing the primary cats really does make it louder. Quite noticeably in the cabin as well when you have the exhaust flaps open.
You only really get full pops and crackles from the exhaust with the primary cats removed as well.
Old 15th September 2018, 09:44 AM   #10
glynharper
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark9661 View Post
I'm wanting Cold start, GTS roar at start, most aggressive burble and longest duration, along with burbles at all rev ranges. What would be the settings?
Have the top three sliders fully to the right, then have the others similar to what mine are I guess.
Old 15th September 2018, 09:49 AM   #11
Talb87
A mere Chipper

Car: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynharper View Post
You don’t get the GTS or CS maps on their own for free, you still need to pay for a stage 1 or 2 and then you are able to choose from them as well.
And yes, they will give you the same maps as the CS and GTS, so the same HP increases as well. You won’t have water injection though, but those features are disabled in the free maps I believe.
The sound parameters are something extra to play with on all the maps, but if you leave everything on the GTS map OEM, it should make similar sounds to the GTS although I think it had a different exhaust so it won’t be exactly the same.
I get the GTS startup roar on mine, but I have the cold start cat warming off as I don’t have primary cats to warm up.. and it would be just too loud. Losing the primary cats really does make it louder. Quite noticeably in the cabin as well when you have the exhaust flaps open.
You only really get full pops and crackles from the exhaust with the primary cats removed as well.
Thanks...

If I can sort out setup I will be going for BM3. I’m purely stock at the min. But was going to go for PCW mod with stage 1 and valves fixed open in sport/sport+

Might just go GTS or CS instead of stage 1 now.
Talb87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2018, 09:52 AM   #12
glynharper
Achieved official socks

You’d have to buy stage one anyway to be able to use the GTS or CS map.
If you are worried about power, drop the boost in 1st and 2nd like I have on the stage 1 map.
I actually get better fuel economy with the stage 1 map.