The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > 1M and M2

Old 4th July 2018, 10:06 AM   #1
Bee Pee
On the path

Car: M2
Default New screen fitted - Autoglass Croydon - Recommended

Met up with a couple of other m2 owners on here and joined the Hughies SSC run from Westerham to Hastings last Sunday.

Got a short drive in BSM Litchfield M2 - nice will write up about that separately.

Got carved up by a couple of JDM fanboys and picked up a stone chip in my windscreen from loose gravel co JDM sticky tyres. Chip in the screen developed into a crack.

New screen fitted today c/o of Autoglass Croydon (literally next door to Cooper BMW Croydon). Excellent service and Eddie the fitter was very patient with me and my nosy OCD-ness !

PS - photos below of how Sunday’s run end for one of said JDM fanboys - ju-ju karma is a SOB...seriously - no one hurt and a fellow rev-head lost his P&J.

Bee Pee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 4th July 2018, 11:07 AM   #2
alpina527
Achieved official socks

Car: Dct M4 Coupe

Did they use a genuine BMW screen or aftermarket?
alpina527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2018, 11:18 AM   #3
Bee Pee
On the path

Car: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpina527 View Post
Did they use a genuine BMW screen or aftermarket?
Alpina,

I was offered choice of OEM but would have to wait at least 1 week for an OEM screen and so what Autoglass had in stock an aftermarket screen.

With the guys at Autoglass - we compared the markings on bottom RH corner of both screens before they started.

The new A/glass screen is made by same supplier as genuine, cracked screen in my car ie same markings of OEM supplier but w/o BMW stamp.

Cheers,

BP
Bee Pee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2018, 11:05 PM   #4
blitzmo
On the path

Car: Dramas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Alpina,

I was offered choice of OEM but would have to wait at least 1 week for an OEM screen and so what Autoglass had in stock an aftermarket screen.

With the guys at Autoglass - we compared the markings on bottom RH corner of both screens before they started.

The new A/glass screen is made by same supplier as genuine, cracked screen in my car ie same markings of OEM supplier but w/o BMW stamp.

Cheers,

BP
Pilkington?
blitzmo is offline   Reply With Quote