The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > CA Technologies International Ltd

Old 30th March 2016, 08:54 PM   #1
grdaniel
Achieved official socks

Car: RS182
Default Bc racing coilovers

Hi pal, looking for the bc rm type ma for e36 m3 with offset topmount, camber adjustable. I see standard spring rates are 6f / 8r what would you recommend for stripped out track car? Price incl delivery?

Thanks mate.
grdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 10:23 AM   #2
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Car: Vectra C estate 2.0T 16v petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdaniel View Post
Hi pal, looking for the bc rm type ma for e36 m3 with offset topmount, camber adjustable. I see standard spring rates are 6f / 8r what would you recommend for stripped out track car? Price incl delivery?

Thanks mate.

Hi

This reply is somewhat long winded, sorry.

Due to the amount of complaints received recently - concerning knocking from the rear shocks and the warranty procedure that BC have in place - we have decided to stop selling BC for 'street use only', for the time being.

However, for 'track use only', we are happy to sell BC, but need to make the customer aware that; they can be noisy, and really not suitable for 'street use'.

You ask about spring rates., I have spoken with BC and they are happy to advise, but point out that customers expectations are very personal and may vary from what they recommend. BC do require some info about the vehicle regarding what has been removed, modified, added etc., before recommending spring rates.

Cost would be approx. 740.00 inc vat (after cutters discount) plus delivery 15.00 (we would need to re-quote at point of order, as the exchange rate is changing daily). Lead time is approx two weeks, at present customs is running a bit behind due to security issues.

cheers
D
David @ CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 10:39 AM   #3
Mcfly
Achieved official socks

Car: M3
Colour Combo: Black with a little foxy red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ CA View Post
Hi

This reply is somewhat long winded, sorry.

Due to the amount of complaints received recently - concerning knocking from the rear shocks and the warranty procedure that BC have in place - we have decided to stop selling BC for 'street use only', for the time being.

However, for 'track use only', we are happy to sell BC, but need to make the customer aware that; they can be noisy, and really not suitable for 'street use'.

You ask about spring rates., I have spoken with BC and they are happy to advise, but point out that customers expectations are very personal and may vary from what they recommend. BC do require some info about the vehicle regarding what has been removed, modified, added etc., before recommending spring rates.

Cost would be approx. 740.00 inc vat (after cutters discount) plus delivery 15.00 (we would need to re-quote at point of order, as the exchange rate is changing daily). Lead time is approx two weeks, at present customs is running a bit behind due to security issues.

cheers
D
Well this is interesting as my BC coilovers knock on the rear. What have BC said about this as I would imagine there are a fair few of us running these on this forum ?
Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 11:11 AM   #4
chattan
Achieved official socks

Car: M3 LE500, M3 Evo Track & RS4

I've ran bc on my fast road/track car for 4 years with no issues whatsoever. I wonder what has changed for this issue to occur.
chattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 02:26 PM   #5
cfoster
Achieved official socks

Car: M4 Convertible, ML350 amg sport, mk5 Golf Gti dsg on air ride!

As above I had a set of BC Racing coilovers on my Lexus GS300 (bought it with them on) and the rears were awful, knocked like hell. Took them off, sent them back for inspection, no faults found, put them back on, noise still there!! Sold them on and left it with standard suspension fitted! Something to do with the top mount not having rubber bushing or something so in essence its metal on metal / flexing causing the knock (on the Lexus' anyway).
cfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2016, 07:46 PM   #6
SmokeyBear
Wearing official robes

Car: E39 530d, e46 M3 SMG, e36 vert s54, e34 520i

Anyone try changing img the top punts to something with a rubber or poly bush?

Never understand why rosejoints are put on road cars
SmokeyBear is offline   Reply With Quote