Default ireland forum very quiet

Not much goes on in here, everyone on hols or too cool for school? Lol
Dalgib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 30th July 2015, 01:01 PM   #2
m5lvyn
Achieved official socks

Car: F87 M2 LBB

Johnboy is usually the instigator of the meets and he's just had a young un which might explain his lack of free time nowadays.

We're definitely over due a meet though!
m5lvyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 01:24 PM   #3
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

Car: 2017 M140
Colour Combo: Mineral Grey/Black Dakota

Aye will defo need to sort something out, plus he is gonna let me hear his supersprint ��, where do you cruise yourself fella, Bangor, Carrick, ballyclare just ain't the same anymore, went to sprucefield on Sunday a few weeks ago, nothing there to entertain us, seen an evo 8 that was it
Old 30th July 2015, 05:23 PM   #4
DaveMSport
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 M3 Individual, E36 M3 track car, Landrover Defender E53 X5, E38 730, E30 318is, E30 Mtec touring
Colour Combo: Techno Violet/silver gray

The NI BMW meet is on in sometime in August I think. I might make the spin upto it.
DaveMSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 07:43 PM   #5
tsw
Wearing official robes

Car: M3 f80 YMB
Colour Combo: Yas Marina Blue / Silverstone.
Default meets

The show is on Sunday 23rd of August at Carrickfergus Castle Carpark . check there fb page Ni-Bmw ,.
tsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2015, 09:59 PM   #6
jonboy1984
Achieved official socks

Car: 2011 dct e90
Colour Combo: Space grey / black leather

Yes this year has been a very busy one for me with both work and the child... I will try and get a meet sorted for us soon , should be back to normal next season with meet and runs every few months...

Good shout on the ni bmw show in August, ill be at that. A lot of new members on cutters in. The last year or so so a run is well over due... They are great craic and a chance to get the use the cars as the M division intended. ... Ive been getting messages on Facebook asking me why I haven't been. On cutters much to rip the sh1te out of all the smg owners, all I can say is bare with me lads... The next few months will be back to normal
jonboy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 08:37 AM   #7
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

Ahh balls 23rd I'm working, is this a daytime affair or later at night does anyone know, would check their site but I think its ****e so cant be assed lol
Old 31st July 2015, 09:28 AM   #8
tsw
Wearing official robes

Car: M3 f80 YMB
Colour Combo: Yas Marina Blue / Silverstone.
Default Meets

If you think it ----e then don't go !!
tsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 11:55 AM   #9
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

^^^^ I think the layout of their site ****e, as far as cars go, if they were corgi cars im still there
Old 31st July 2015, 12:03 PM   #10
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

Their bakebook page is a closed group also
Old 3rd August 2015, 03:11 PM   #11
Richard81
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2011 E92 M3 DCT
Colour Combo: Alpine White/Black

Must say I was never struck on the NI BMW page myself!!!!
Richard81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 05:41 PM   #12
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

What time of the day does the carrick meet normally happen
Old 17th August 2015, 10:23 PM   #13
JK530D
Wearing official robes

Car: E46M3,F10 530d Mspt,F15 X5 Mspt
Colour Combo: M3 Silver Grey, Black leather

Slightly off topic, for you boys in NIRL, hollybrook sports cars have a dolphin grey E30 325i sport coming up for sale. See the pictures of the black E46m3 kon their site and you'll see it. Anyone know the car by any chance??

Additionally my old 325i sport H711 CKK, black, grey leather is up north.. Anyone know it?

Cheers
JK530D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 09:29 AM   #14
Jemster
Achieved official socks

Car: 2005 M3 Coupé (Gone)
Colour Combo: Silver Grey / Black

Weird site that ni-bmw. I registered for it 5 years ago, forgot about it, re-registered a year back, but it seemed pretty much dead. The M Forums haven't had a posting since May and no postings at all since 2 days ago.... so not much in the way of active users. Doesn't encourage return visits when the home page says the latest news is Car Spotting on the North Coast in October 2014...

I'm a bit surprised they are organising meets with that low an active membership. Am I looking at the wrong site? ni-bmw.co.uk?
Jemster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 09:49 AM   #15
jonboy1984
Achieved official socks

Car: 2011 dct e90
Colour Combo: Space grey / black leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK530D View Post
Slightly off topic, for you boys in NIRL, hollybrook sports cars have a dolphin grey E30 325i sport coming up for sale. See the pictures of the black E46m3 kon their site and you'll see it. Anyone know the car by any chance??

Additionally my old 325i sport H711 CKK, black, grey leather is up north.. Anyone know it?

Cheers
Don't know the car but he usually doesn't keep sh1te...
jonboy1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 10:01 AM   #16
Jemster
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1984 View Post
Don't know the car but he usually doesn't keep sh1te...
No, he usually keeps exceptional cars... for a long long time.

To be honest, I don't know how they make money. They still have listed a 2003 E46 M3 with only 18k miles on it that they were selling back in February when I bought mine. Reason being, they want 22k for it (I asked, they don't list all their prices).

Oh look, they now have an '03 SMG with 10k miles and very low spec that they want 27k for.

Exceptional examples, granted, but big big money.
Old 18th August 2015, 01:12 PM   #17
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

I spoke to them when i was fishing for mine also, his reasoning was "sure spend 7k on an M but be prepared to pump another 7k back into it, at time though he did give me excellent advise on what to look for, nice chap to talk to really reassured me that m3's agricultural gearboxes were normal lol
Old 18th August 2015, 02:33 PM   #18
Jemster
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalgib View Post
I spoke to them when i was fishing for mine also, his reasoning was "sure spend 7k on an M but be prepared to pump another 7k back into it, at time though he did give me excellent advise on what to look for, nice chap to talk to really reassured me that m3's agricultural gearboxes were normal lol
Yeah, the salesman at the place I bought mine (William Taggarts) had only good things to say about him as well. He had nothing in my price range at the time so we only exchanged a few emails, in which he was very helpful but gave me the same advice he gave you. I pointed out if he knocked 7k off the asking, it would still be over-priced.

Overall, I'm not sure. It's not like he's listing cars that have had sub-frames strengthened, or SMG pumps replaced already. Therefore the big spends are still sitting ahead of you AND you've paid a huge premium for the car.

Is a 12 year old standard M3 with 10k miles on it ever worth £27k? Especially when you look at the spec and it's nothing special. In my eyes, you'd need to be a real collector who plans on garaging the vehicle for some kind of investment. But then, it's hard to make money on an investment that you've paid a premium for in the first place.
Old 18th August 2015, 05:24 PM   #19
AMacQ
On the path

Car: 2003 BMW M3
Colour Combo: SG / Black / Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemster View Post
Weird site that ni-bmw. I registered for it 5 years ago, forgot about it, re-registered a year back, but it seemed pretty much dead. The M Forums haven't had a posting since May and no postings at all since 2 days ago.... so not much in the way of active users. Doesn't encourage return visits when the home page says the latest news is Car Spotting on the North Coast in October 2014...

I'm a bit surprised they are organising meets with that low an active membership. Am I looking at the wrong site? ni-bmw.co.uk?
I had the same experience with that site. Only ever looked at it as a guy (i think he might have been the site owner) came over to me in Dundonald and told me to look it up and sign in...

Anyway, does anyone in here organise any meetups?
AMacQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2015, 05:26 PM   #20
Dalgib
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemster View Post
Yeah, the salesman at the place I bought mine (William Taggarts) had only good things to say about him as well. He had nothing in my price range at the time so we only exchanged a few emails, in which he was very helpful but gave me the same advice he gave you. I pointed out if he knocked 7k off the asking, it would still be over-priced.

Overall, I'm not sure. It's not like he's listing cars that have had sub-frames strengthened, or SMG pumps replaced already. Therefore the big spends are still sitting ahead of you AND you've paid a huge premium for the car.

Is a 12 year old standard M3 with 10k miles on it ever worth £27k? Especially when you look at the spec and it's nothing special. In my eyes, you'd need to be a real collector who plans on garaging the vehicle for some kind of investment. But then, it's hard to make money on an investment that you've paid a premium for in the first place.
Low mileage prestige cars is what he he does in a nutshell

You bringing that motor out jemster,? too good a night not to be floating about