The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > Carphonics

Old 26th September 2015, 03:33 PM   #41
niracka
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Silver grey / Imola red

Not too sure tbh. I'll have a look next time I'm in the car and let you know.
niracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 02:53 PM   #42
R33
On the path

Car: E46 M3 Silverstone Edition

I don't suppose anyone cracked this?

I've just swapped from an iPhone 5S which worked fine with the OEM Bluetooth, to a Sony Xperia which doesn't. From what I can gather its an Android issue that means the phone won't connect to the current Bluetooth/ULF module.

As mentioned earlier a more modern ulf unit would probably work but they are akin to hens teeth on ebay or similar. There's talk of a potentially fix by rooting the phone and altering the files but not keen to do that on a new phone.

Updated ULF firmware would be ideal but I cant see that anyone offers this?
R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 06:19 PM   #43
niracka
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Silver grey / Imola red

Gen 8 or newer seem to do the job with the new ones. I have a gen 9 and a new HTC with most up to date android and it works fine. Only thing that doesn't work is the sms functionality which says its not supported but the contacts ect all work fine.

Olly
niracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2015, 08:53 PM   #44
R33
On the path

Car: E46 M3 Silverstone Edition

OK thought that was the case, good to hear from someone who can confirm one way or the other!

Cheers
R33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2015, 02:08 PM   #45
XKaLiBaR
Site Sponsor

Car: E46 M3 Manual
Colour Combo: Red/Red

Has anyone noticed the ULFs are working better, as the software on phones are changing?
XKaLiBaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2017, 03:52 PM   #46
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Car: BMW 320d E46

Hello everyone,

I know this is really a old topic, but since i haven't found anything about that ULF update, i take the chance to bump it.
I did a MK4 complete navigation system retrofit recently.
Everything work as expected, except the Bluetooth part.
Currently, i don't see the telephone entry on my screen. I already tried few reset and so on, nothing helped. Maybe the ULF is fried, i don't know.
Anyway, i have got a chance to buy a module on Ebay which has been updated according to the announce to the last version. As i do have a USBDM device, maybe with your help i could do a dump of the flash memory and share it with you ?
If someone could give me some advise about the procedure ?
Thanks in advance.
delpiero3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2017, 12:00 PM   #47
XKaLiBaR
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpiero3 View Post
Hello everyone,

I know this is really a old topic, but since i haven't found anything about that ULF update, i take the chance to bump it.
I did a MK4 complete navigation system retrofit recently.
Everything work as expected, except the Bluetooth part.
Currently, i don't see the telephone entry on my screen. I already tried few reset and so on, nothing helped. Maybe the ULF is fried, i don't know.
Anyway, i have got a chance to buy a module on Ebay which has been updated according to the announce to the last version. As i do have a USBDM device, maybe with your help i could do a dump of the flash memory and share it with you ?
If someone could give me some advise about the procedure ?
Thanks in advance.
If its not coming up on the screen, then either the unit is faulty, or a wiring problem somewhere. Who did the ulf connector?
Old 14th June 2017, 05:10 AM   #48
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKaLiBaR View Post
If its not coming up on the screen, then either the unit is faulty, or a wiring problem somewhere. Who did the ulf connector?
Dear XKaLiBaR,
thanks for your answer. Yesterday i managed to find what was the problem. A while ago, i retrofitted my Harman Kardon system and used for this a complete wiring harness from a kit a bought on Ebay. That wiring harness was equipped with TV and Bluetooth option which i didn't wire since i had not these modules installed at that moment (i was using an Erisin device). The thing is that i was missing the wire coming from fuse 39 on the connector behind the widescreen. After wiring it correctly, my telephone entry appeared in the menu without any problem.
Now i tried to pair my phone, but i have the same problem as many person on internet, the pairing says success, but then my phone is disconnected from the car and every time i try to force the connection, it does the same.
I am not sure then if the module they sold me on Ebay is really update to Gen 13, how to check that ?
Old 14th June 2017, 10:09 AM   #49
XKaLiBaR
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Dear XKaLiBaR,
thanks for your answer. Yesterday i managed to find what was the problem. A while ago, i retrofitted my Harman Kardon system and used for this a complete wiring harness from a kit a bought on Ebay. That wiring harness was equipped with TV and Bluetooth option which i didn't wire since i had not these modules installed at that moment (i was using an Erisin device). The thing is that i was missing the wire coming from fuse 39 on the connector behind the widescreen. After wiring it correctly, my telephone entry appeared in the menu without any problem.
Now i tried to pair my phone, but i have the same problem as many person on internet, the pairing says success, but then my phone is disconnected from the car and every time i try to force the connection, it does the same.
I am not sure then if the module they sold me on Ebay is really update to Gen 13, how to check that ?
If its the ebay upgrade from latvia or something, then its bs.

We are working on an upgrade at the moment, so please be patient.
Old 14th June 2017, 02:28 PM   #50
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Then i am facing the bs ... damn.

Ok, i will wait, if i can help, i would be glad since i have a Gen 5 as a spare, i could do some test if you want since i have a USBDM device i used to update my LCZ to CI37 to get the triple blink.
Last question for the moment, how did we get the bluetooth service menu we see on page 1. I would like to open it and check the version of the bluetooth module i bought on Ebay so that if it isn't updated to GEN13, i will ask for a partial refund.
Thanks in advance.
Old 18th June 2017, 07:26 PM   #51
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb90 View Post
Hi

Any updates for the ULF firmware?

My phone pairs ok (Lumia 920) but the connection drops and reconnects repeatedly and its almost impossible to make and receive calls.

Current version is below:

Is there someone who can let me know how to get that menu please ?
I have been in contact with the seller of my module on Ebay which insist that my module should be up to date (i haven't found any soldering traces on the motherboard, but ...). By showing this menu, i would be able to proof that it isn't updated at all.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Old 18th June 2017, 10:07 PM   #52
cossie1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 M3 Coupe
Colour Combo: Jet Black / Black

Quote:
Is there someone who can let me know how to get that menu please ?
I have been in contact with the seller of my module on Ebay which insist that my module should be up to date (i haven't found any soldering traces on the motherboard, but ...). By showing this menu, i would be able to proof that it isn't updated at all.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers.
Pretty sure thats done with an Intravee.
cossie1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2017, 09:25 PM   #53
rickyb90
On the path

Car: 2005 M3 CS Manual
Colour Combo: Interlagos Blue / Kiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Pretty sure thats done with an Intravee.
Yep its my system fitted with an intravee. Well was fitted as the whole HK and DVD nav system has gone

I think you can pull the version numbers up using a copy of Navcoder and a OBD cable
rickyb90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 04:07 PM   #54
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

I managed to extract the information with Ista-D and i confirm that the module is a regular Gen 3, without any update present (SW version and part number match to the regular Gen 3).
I am in discussion with the guy who is confident his module was updated by a BMW Engineer ... well. He is proposing me another module which "works better" with Android phones. Let's see.
Old 27th July 2017, 07:47 AM   #55
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Hello alln

Any news about an update ?
Old 27th July 2017, 08:32 AM   #56
XKaLiBaR
Site Sponsor

Baby came early, so it's been put on hold, my apologies.
Old 27th July 2017, 05:59 PM   #57
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Family first, no need to apologize ..
Enjoy this moment
Old 14th September 2017, 05:06 AM   #58
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

Hello,

how is growing kid ?
Any news on that topic ?
Old 6th October 2017, 05:28 AM   #59
suwalski
A mere Chipper

Car: 2002 BMW 330i mtech

Hello,

I also have a spare Gen-5 ULF module and a USBDM interface.

I was trying to get the USBDM to talk to the Motorola microprocessor, but I haven't had any luck. The fact the thing's undocumented doesn't help, but autodetection fails and the chip model isn't even in the drop-down list of usbdm's flashing tool.

I tried both unpowered and with the module plugged into the car as normal and powered. Same result. I notice the inside of the USBDM has a jumper where I can change the signal voltage from 3.3 to 5 V. Not sure I want to experiment without knowing if the chip's Vdd.

XKaLiBaR, how do you get the firmware off? The flash chip is a BGA, meaning the only feasible method is a dump via the debug port... of which I'm having no luck.

Thanks,
--Pat
suwalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 05:33 AM   #60
delpiero3
A mere Chipper

If you have a look on that thread : http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=490983
Post number 8, Terraphantm is explaining exactly what you said about the BGA device which should be flashed from the MCU.
I already did that flash in the same car on the light module control with my USBDM device : https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1061768
Post 51, the guy explain how to do it with the USBDM device, and you have to set for that MCU 5V. Since it isn't the same as the one we found in the ULF module, i am not sure if it is safe or not to proceed with these.
I found another post where guys seems to be able to flash the MULF module (which is the next generation of ULF from E8x E9x and so on), same MCU as in our ULF module, the Motorola, but no procedure again : http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...MW-MULF-repair
If you are able to extract your GEN5 software, i can try to flash it to my GEN3, and we will see if it works