The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Engine maintenance, upgrades and modifications

Old 14th June 2018, 11:51 AM   #21
octaneman
Wearing official robes

Car: 2012 1M BSM. Csl BSM. M3 COMP
Colour Combo: black/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarisCSL View Post
Just to be clear 304 is duration not lift - running 304 on a stock compression engine isn't the best idea and based on the figures quoted above you could make more with 288/280 12.5mm lift. The greater duration is what will cause problems in the map low down more than anything as well. Running any of the 14mm lift cam kits without custom pistons isn't advised by schrick with or without vanos because its impossible to get the most out of them and you risk smashing valves.
Engine is fully built with high comp pistons. Just waiting for the right smg softwarer to enable running higher rpm.. might not be 304's i remember they were higher than 288s tho?
octaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 14th June 2018, 04:32 PM   #22
amar123
Achieved official socks

Car: Bmw M3 charged 1350kg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
What boost pressure are you running?

Do you have any more info on your titanium valve train? I take it you mean rockers and springs not valves?
Valves have also been done

I am running 280/288 spec I believe I’ll have to check paper work I think there similar or same spec to csl cams not sure though.

My mapper/engine builder were trying to get me to convert to manual and fit a standalone syvecs ecu. I didn’t due cost going higher and higher lol

But I will in the future..

My idle is slightly higher just sitting below 1k, the Rev limit has not increased

Last edited by amar123; 14th June 2018 at 04:35 PM.
amar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2018, 05:13 PM   #23
octaneman
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar123 View Post

I am running 280/288 spec I believe Iíll have to check paper work I think there similar or same spec to csl cams not sure though.

My mapper/engine builder were trying to get me to convert to manual and fit a standalone syvecs ecu. I didnít due cost going higher and higher lol

My idle is slightly higher just sitting below 1k, the Rev limit has not increased

Ive been told similar by my tuner.. i dont want manual but want 400+na
Old 18th June 2018, 08:59 AM   #24
Tris
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 M3 and an e36 M3 Evo track car

Quote:
Originally Posted by amar123 View Post

I am running 280/288 spec I believe Iíll have to check paper work I think there similar or same spec to csl cams not sure though.

My mapper/engine builder were trying to get me to convert to manual and fit a standalone syvecs ecu. I didnít due cost going higher and higher lol

There is no reason to go stand alone really if you are just doing the basics like supercharging. The MSS54 is a very good DME, you just need the right person to map it.

Can you remember what power you got with what boost pressure? I am just trying to determine whether its worth camming a supercharged s54 or not....
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2018, 06:27 PM   #25
octaneman
Wearing official robes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
There is no reason to go stand alone really if you are just doing the basics like supercharging. The MSS54 is a very good DME, you just need the right person to map it.

Can you remember what power you got with what boost pressure? I am just trying to determine whether its worth camming a supercharged s54 or not....
I think the reason for stand alone management is to be able to run high lift cams with the smg.

As the SMG software has parametres for the biting point and rev limits etc, after market software is the expensive but only way ive heard of to be able to utilise the higher revving cams..

Even with an aftermarket ecu i believe mapping the smg to run big cams has never been done effectively,, slightly off topic but id love to be corrected?