The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)

Old 14th March 2018, 08:44 AM   #81
Raif
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazerI View Post
Might be a silly question but I was under the impression that named component was like warranty on ONE part. But Iím presuming this isnít the case?

Iím going to be taking it out for my 57plate e92 with 58k on clock and just unsure on what policy to take out.
Named component is everything named on the policy. Theres a guide online but it covers pretty much everything (engine, drivetrain, steering, braking etc etc etc) I think it just doesn't cover the infotainment (idrive) iirc

If a dealer is being fussy over things like some of the above have said them just go to another dealer who has more sense. I've never had any issues getting things replaced as long as the dealer is on your side they will push it through with BMW
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 14th March 2018, 01:15 PM   #82
FrazerI
On the path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
Named component is everything named on the policy. Theres a guide online but it covers pretty much everything (engine, drivetrain, steering, braking etc etc etc) I think it just doesn't cover the infotainment (idrive) iirc

If a dealer is being fussy over things like some of the above have said them just go to another dealer who has more sense. I've never had any issues getting things replaced as long as the dealer is on your side they will push it through with BMW

Thank you sir that cleared a lot up for me
FrazerI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 02:45 PM   #83
Londongal7
Wearing official underwear

Colour Combo: Ruby Black

It would be better if they listed the bits that aren't covered in the comparisons, rather than what is. That frustrated me greatly when i renewed mine.

Also my quote was £3.5k lol. Got it down to £1800 with £250 excess, but come on. The guys on the phone at BMW Warranty basically said sorry, that's the M price when you get over 65k miles.
Londongal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2018, 04:22 PM   #84
FrazerI
On the path

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londongal7 View Post
It would be better if they listed the bits that aren't covered in the comparisons, rather than what is. That frustrated me greatly when i renewed mine.

Also my quote was £3.5k lol. Got it down to £1800 with £250 excess, but come on. The guys on the phone at BMW Warranty basically said sorry, that's the M price when you get over 65k miles.

Is it 60k or 65k the big jump in price?

Last edited by FrazerI; 14th March 2018 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
FrazerI is online now   Reply With Quote