The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Member Rides

Old 9th December 2017, 12:32 PM   #281
mattpinder
On the path

Car: 1998 E36 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthead View Post
Yup, full square set up, probably tyre rotation would hurt. Good call.
I'd be very interested to here about the mk60 retrofit, I have no abs at all, no sensors, pump, ecu etc so I'd like to hear what can be done and costs
I'll PM you his details
mattpinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 9th December 2017, 09:01 PM   #282
Elite
A mere Chipper

Car: E36s54/e92m3, r35gtr

Ditch those wheels and tyres 9inch rim is the most you need a tyre no wider than a 245 in width get the wheels back inside the arches where they belong lower the height till you don't rub geo and corner weight chip wizards motorsport abs then enjoy slaying everyone on track simple.
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 03:25 PM   #283
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Car: E36 328 S54
Colour Combo: White/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
Ditch those wheels and tyres 9inch rim is the most you need a tyre no wider than a 245 in width get the wheels back inside the arches where they belong lower the height till you don't rub geo and corner weight chip wizards motorsport abs then enjoy slaying everyone on track simple.
Probably the best idea.

Full widebody kit just purchased and on it way though. To late now
Matthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 03:47 PM   #284
Elite
A mere Chipper

Car: E36s54/e92m3, r35gtr

I'm sure it will look the part but performance will suffer because of weight and rolling resistance/drag your gonna need more power to overcome that and more power ain't cheap. I'm still looking forward to seeing the bodykit fitted .
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2017, 04:49 PM   #285
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Wide body turned up today, I don't think I'll be having wheel fitment issues or problems with ride height anymore
Old 20th December 2017, 12:11 PM   #286
mattpinder
On the path

Car: 1998 E36 328i

Any pictures? Where did you get it from?
mattpinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:49 PM   #287
The Simps
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 BMW M3

Which kit did you go with?
The Simps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2018, 05:19 PM   #288
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Trial fit, itís quite wide!!!

Old 5th January 2018, 12:19 AM   #289
The Simps
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 BMW M3

From Diveriks off eBay? I have the same kit for my E46, just not got around to taking the grinder to my rear arches yet! I think this kit looks great on an E36 but appreciate it would not be to everyones taste. Look great with plenty of livery too.
The Simps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 08:56 AM   #290
BenKoflach
Wearing official underwear

Car: S54 E36 Touring

What's the plan to fill out those rears?
BenKoflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 09:52 AM   #291
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Simps View Post
From Diveriks off eBay? I have the same kit for my E46, just not got around to taking the grinder to my rear arches yet! I think this kit looks great on an E36 but appreciate it would not be to everyones taste. Look great with plenty of livery too.
Yes, yes it is. How does yours fit? I’d give mine 8 out of 10. Needs some work on the rear arches but the rest is pretty good.
I agree with the look, I don’t really like it that much, I would have preferred a gtr kit but the fit on all the kits is shocking, and they are all cheap rubbish, I don’t have the money for a flosmann kit, and I was confident this would fit with minimum aggro. You are right, I think I will go with some sort of livery or a wrap. It’s the angular lines on the edge of the kit I don’t like, it would look better if it followed the door lines. If I had the time effort and money I would consider a body shop to alter the kit lines and make it look better but it’s just to much.
It will cover the wheels and tyres and give that much needed room and get the car back low which I just couldn’t get with the hard motorsport kit.
Good luck with the fitting, it takes some balls to hack up the rear arches, once it’s done that’s it, no going back you are welcome to come and have a look at mine before you start if you like?

What are you doing for wheels?

Last edited by Matthead; 5th January 2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 5th January 2018, 09:58 AM   #292
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKoflach View Post
What's the plan to fill out those rears?
Hello mate, howís it going? Howís the touring coming on?

Not sure with wheels, I want to stick with an 18x10 rim, mustnít loose sight of the fact that all of this is to take advantage of an abundant supply of btcc slicks, so I reckon for now I can get my hands on some 18x10 et0 rims for the rear and an additional spacer to fill it out and eventually some custom made rims with some mental offsets.
Still not 100% sure I will fit the kit at all, huge wide car needs a bigger trailer etc and Iím still not sure if itís the route I want to go, Iíve always wanted a full widebody car and I love the aggressive look but itís a lot of aggro too!!
Old 5th January 2018, 10:06 AM   #293
BenKoflach

Car: S54 E36 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthead View Post
Hello mate, howís it going? Howís the touring coming on?

Not sure with wheels, I want to stick with an 18x10 rim, mustnít loose sight of the fact that all of this is to take advantage of an abundant supply of btcc slicks, so I reckon for now I can get my hands on some 18x10 et0 rims for the rear and an additional spacer to fill it out and eventually some custom made rims with some mental offsets.
Still not 100% sure I will fit the kit at all, huge wide car needs a bigger trailer etc and Iím still not sure if itís the route I want to go, Iíve always wanted a full widebody car and I love the aggressive look but itís a lot of aggro too!!
Sounds good, are you running an M3 rear axle? Used to run 17x10 ET15s on the back of mine (pre-M3 axle) and it would destroy wheel bearings for fun. Bigger M3 bearings would be a better bet for coping.

Touring is alright, finding the spare time is the problem! Pretty much just a shell at the moment ready for a few reinforcements before it gets a lick of paint and goes back together bit by bit.

Be interesting to see how this turns out either way. I don't know if I like it or not, big fan of the E36's original lines. But at least it's a purposeful widebody not a stupid show car
BenKoflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2018, 10:25 AM   #294
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKoflach View Post
Sounds good, are you running an M3 rear axle? Used to run 17x10 ET15s on the back of mine (pre-M3 axle) and it would destroy wheel bearings for fun. Bigger M3 bearings would be a better bet for coping.

Touring is alright, finding the spare time is the problem! Pretty much just a shell at the moment ready for a few reinforcements before it gets a lick of paint and goes back together bit by bit.

Be interesting to see how this turns out either way. I don't know if I like it or not, big fan of the E36's original lines. But at least it's a purposeful widebody not a stupid show car
Yeah, m3 evo rear end, so should be ok, although the bearing wear issues is a concern in the back of my mind.
I totally agree with you, I love the lines of the e36. I have replacement rear arches sitting in the garage, if I loose my nerve I will have new rears grafted on and go back to 17ís!! Haha, Iím more indecisive than a woman lol.

Be good to see the touring out and about again
Old 5th January 2018, 10:28 AM   #295
Rob043
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 M3
Colour Combo: Carbon Black/Imola Red

Catching up with on this- car is looking superb. Nice to see the engine install is all sorted. Eagerly awaiting wide body developments....
Rob043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 09:56 AM   #296
Warren6m

Car: E92 BMW M3

Matt this is going to look Very mean on track!! I’ve seen a guy on YouTube ‘Alberto big boost’ using these pins to hold them on (before you properly attached them)and they looked really good!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fro...nkw=cleco+pins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFn20yRfSE
Warren6m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2018, 12:56 PM   #297
Matthead
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob043 View Post
Catching up with on this- car is looking superb. Nice to see the engine install is all sorted. Eagerly awaiting wide body developments....
Thanks bud I hope it doesnít disappoint,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren6m View Post
Matt this is going to look Very mean on track!! Iíve seen a guy on YouTube ĎAlberto big boostí using these pins to hold them on (before you properly attached them)and they looked really good!

https://m.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fro...nkw=cleco+pins

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7xFn20yRfSE
Nice one mate, thanks for that, I do have some clecoís that Iíd had from another project so Iíll deffo be using them, they make life so much easier.
Old 6th January 2018, 01:05 PM   #298
Matthead
Achieved official socks

After chatting with someone who I respect a lot as I know how he can drive an s54 e36 Iíve made a start on improving the handling of the car, ultimately new suspension will be on the cards but as the boiler has just given up the ghost and took all my coilover money a cheaper option was needed.
It was pointed out to me that my spring rates might be low for the work Iím doing, I currently run 10kg springs all round, enter these:

18kg springs for the front. Iíve been advised to run 18kg at the front and roughly half that at the rear, I have 10kg on the rear now so Iíll leave them and see how it goes.
Iíve also got a bump steer roll centre control kit coming to help with set up so hopefully all this should help somewhat!!
Old 7th January 2018, 11:28 AM   #299
Kingoblack

Car: ML55 & Clio 182 (track)

Look good Matt, look forward to seeing this soon

I have had the AST 5100 kit Coilovers kit with 100nm front/ 110nm rear springs with Adjustable top mounts along with strengthened rear axle with bearing conversion kit and bump steer/ roll centre correction hubs fitted to my Clio.
Kingoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 04:01 PM   #300
FwordM3

Car: M3 Touring e36
Colour Combo: Atlantisblue/black leather

Loving the car and gave me a great read, and have subscribed. Look forward to seeing what you do!
FwordM3 is offline   Reply With Quote