The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Insurance

Old 8th December 2017, 08:38 AM   #1
Raif
Rocking a new hat

Car: E92 M3
Exclamation Sane insurance company out there?..

Sky insurance have come up trumps. Brining my renewal down to almost what it was last year! Shout out.

Last edited by Raif; 15th December 2017 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Result!
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 8th December 2017, 08:43 AM   #2
stuartk
Achieved official socks

Car: F82 M4 & E89 Z4
Colour Combo: Austin Yellow/Black Merino Leather @ Mineral White/ Red leather

Your in London. 740 isn't bad.
stuartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 09:19 AM   #3
Tankclark
Achieved official socks

Car: M3, M135i, A45 AMG, RS3 8v, C63pp, E63

Are you ringing or price comparison, I’d do a price comparison but change the name and then the cheapest one I’d ring and talk to in person, I do this and even when I was with admiral and changed from C63 to E63 they wanted to bump it up 200 so I rang them and hey bingo it was only 5 per month dearer to insure.
Tankclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2017, 10:11 AM   #4
Raif
Rocking a new hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartk View Post
Your in London. 740 isn't bad.
Your advice is overshadowed by the grammatical error

I agree 740 aint bad but my renewel is actually over 800 up from 680 last year. So the more i prove im a safe driver the higher my premium becomes

Also my 330 is 400 to insure (only 3 years ncb on that policy) and that also lives in London with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankclark View Post
Are you ringing or price comparison, Id do a price comparison but change the name and then the cheapest one Id ring and talk to in person, I do this and even when I was with admiral and changed from C63 to E63 they wanted to bump it up 200 so I rang them and hey bingo it was only 5 per month dearer to insure.
Thats a good tactic but i was hoping one of the companies on the forum would just the ballache away

I used to get the best quotes from comparison sites when i would claim i was in a civil partnership and the car was my partners?? Discovered that accidentally
Old 8th December 2017, 10:56 AM   #5
stuartk
Achieved official socks

Car: F82 M4 & E89 Z4
Colour Combo: Austin Yellow/Black Merino Leather @ Mineral White/ Red leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
Your advice is overshadowed by the grammatical error

I agree 740 aint bad but my renewel is actually over 800 up from 680 last year. So the more i prove im a safe driver the higher my premium becomes

Also my 330 is 400 to insure (only 3 years ncb on that policy) and that also lives in London with me.

Thats a good tactic but i was hoping one of the companies on the forum would just the ballache away

I used to get the best quotes from comparison sites when i would claim i was in a civil partnership and the car was my partners?? Discovered that accidentally
My insurance is well up on last year. It's theft increases.
stuartk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2017, 12:18 PM   #6
Raif
Rocking a new hat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartk View Post
My insurance is well up on last year. It's theft increases.
I get that mate but there is always a reason (every year since 2003 for me) whiplash, fraud, thefts, algorithm adjustments, war in Iraq, colder than usual weather, warmer than usual weather... when do we just say stop?

Insurance in mandatory BY LAW which mean we must PURCHASE it as a consumer however no one regulates the pricing! It can rise indefinitely by any amount...

Energy pricing in now regulated (apparently) and I think its about time insurance stopped being a monopoly.

Thats my 2p...
Old 16th December 2017, 09:43 PM   #7
baldydaz
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
I get that mate but there is always a reason (every year since 2003 for me) whiplash, fraud, thefts, algorithm adjustments, war in Iraq, colder than usual weather, warmer than usual weather... when do we just say stop?

Insurance in mandatory BY LAW which mean we must PURCHASE it as a consumer however no one regulates the pricing! It can rise indefinitely by any amount...

Energy pricing in now regulated (apparently) and I think its about time insurance stopped being a monopoly.

Thats my 2p...

I fully agree mate.
They're a rip off. They just make up prices as they go along. There's no regulatory body. It's a disgusting industry.
The biggest thing that gets me is this:
My M3 is insured with company a for 600 p/a. 21 years ncb.
I want to insure another car but I can't use any ncb on that. They want you to start from scratch. (Which, by the way makes a 2500 Suzuki jimny more to insure than my E92 M3), as insurance is risk based, why the hell would I be a bigger risk in an 86bhp jeep than a 450bhp saloon car?
However, if I have a crash in either car, I lose my no claims on everything??
WTF?

Next rant.
"Yes sir, your quote for that car is 435. Would you like to go ahead?"
Me. "Not yet thanks. I'll phone round a bit first to check prices. I was hoping for around 350"
"just hang on a minute sir, I'll just do a few more checks.
Thanks for waiting, I can get it down to 370. Would you like to go ahead with that?"
So why not give me that price when I first ask you prick?

It's a ****ing joke
baldydaz is offline   Reply With Quote