The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > General and Forum stuff > Pictures and Videos

Old 21st December 2017, 11:53 AM   #21
MJB
A mere Chipper

Car: E46 M3 Coupe Manual
Colour Combo: Imola Red / Black

It's still largely the same format for both shows, and if you've watched twenty something seasons it does ultimately get a bit long in the tooth. I still think they're both worth watching but I don't make it my priority to see them close to when they're first aired/released.
MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 21st December 2017, 12:14 PM   #22
loggyboy
On the path

Car: E46 M3 Vert
Colour Combo: Silver Grey, Black

On the TG/TGT debate - I have no objections to either, they are both watchable and enjoyable if you take them for what they are - tongue in cheek entertainment. I would have preferred it if the original 3 had kept the TG going, but as that was not possible, there are now 2 only slightly different versions, so double the chance of getting some good segments.

On the Renault's, I would guess they used them as the 197s cheap as chips to buy and still look newish, the megane was to make it less obvious (only very slightly) they were about to repeat the same joke. Either that or Renault gave them to them for brand promotion/screen time.
I'm also a fan and have owned 7 Renaultsport Clios, with 2 182s on the drive at the moment, in process of making 1 good one. I suspect I will continue to own at least one Renault hot hatch for the foreseeable future. They are without a doubt the best and quickest car on track when judging on :fun and :laptime.

Last edited by loggyboy; 21st December 2017 at 12:18 PM.
loggyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 12:13 AM   #23
ECB
On the path

Car: E92 M3 Comp Pack
Colour Combo: Mineral white/Fox red

Great episode featuring the Jaaags
ECB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 10:00 AM   #24
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Car: E36 m3
Colour Combo: Avus

I HATED the first season of GT. Hated it. Second season and I love it. It's got back to how it was. Thank goodness. And they got rid of all that rubbish from the first season.
Parsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 10:02 AM   #25
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Oh and I love the women I the audience. Some proper babes. Loved last night's bird behind Jeremy and to the left. Watched her the whole episode. What a smile.
Old 13th January 2018, 10:39 AM   #26
MaximumBob
Achieved official socks

Car: 2017 M4 CP

I think the GT could just do with an Editor with sufficient clout that he could cut some of the crap out of the program without getting punched in the face.
Its a 60 minute program with 40 mins of good content.
Still a good watch but the celeb bit is tired and boring and so is the car race against a plane/helicopter/train crap.
MaximumBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2018, 09:23 PM   #27
cribert
Achieved official socks

Car: A wumans one

I like both Renault and bmw. Had a few of each and currently driving a 275 Megane Cup s. People slag off Renault purely from a badge snobbery point of view.

What would you rather have. A 116d or a Megane cup that would give an m3 a good go round a short track?
cribert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2018, 11:06 AM   #28
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribert View Post
I like both Renault and bmw. Had a few of each and currently driving a 275 Megane Cup s. People slag off Renault purely from a badge snobbery point of view.

What would you rather have. A 116d or a Megane cup that would give an m3 a good go round a short track?
Good point!!