The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > General and Forum stuff > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 15th January 2018, 07:36 AM   #141
E46CoupeM3
Achieved official socks

Car: 2001 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayukRS View Post
One of the most iconic I hasten to add
Really? All he ever does is inherit the family business, make 1 delivery, hang around for the after party and then trip and fall into a Sarlacc
Sponsored links
Old 15th January 2018, 07:47 AM   #142
fireblade1
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW M4
Colour Combo: MW/Full Leather

I certainly don't hold any hatred for Bobba just completely different views...the initial post though is designed to divide opinion and cause backlash and im sure he knew the floodgates would open when he wrote it
Old 15th January 2018, 07:51 AM   #143
Melvyn
Achieved official socks

Car: 2018 M3CS

The OP must be a very insecure person to start a thread like he has."Man up"springs to mind.
Old 15th January 2018, 08:09 AM   #144
Stelongy
Achieved official socks

Car: Bmw M4
Colour Combo: Austin Yellow/Black leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yeah we did. But it was never savage or personal, or repeatedly putting the boot in as per this thread. Here we have a queue of people savaging someone like a pack of wolves and it’s ugly. Not cool.
You say that Keith, but he consistently tried to wind both me and you up (even on non related threads) Had it not been for the way in which we dealt with it we could have been having the same arguments.

I agree people should live and let live, we have had different opinions but never been an issue. At the same time though, a antagonistic character trying to get a rise out of people is not exactly good for the forum and shouldn’t really have to be tolerated.

Perfect example here on my new car thread....

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=188634

I’d already said it won’t be everyone’s taste and I didn’t cry about his opinion as it’s a open forum, but if writing “devil car, and it looks rubbish” isn’t trying to antagonise then I don’t know what is. I’m not expecting him to sugar coat is opinions, but there are certainly better ways to say it whilst not annoying people.
I certainly couldn’t imagine you saying that as you’d just use some modicum of intelligence and do it in a better manner.

Last edited by Stelongy; 15th January 2018 at 08:18 AM.
Old 15th January 2018, 09:24 AM   #145
bootyman
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW E30 Twin Turbo Vert, E36 Vert & E46 330 Vert, M3 Vert & E60 550

Does anyone know why the warta in Majorca, dont taste like wat it ought to?

Seiously, i would have though life wa hard enugh in the real World without people caring about who said and what on a car Forum!
Old 15th January 2018, 09:57 AM   #146
bobby1972
Wearing official robes

Car: bmw e92 LE 500

strange this, i find.
i have been a member for 2 years ...give or take a month etc.. i notice a Clique. in fact, a large clique....but thats expected from some forums...

i, on occasion post a question, i get a response (sometimes quick, sometimes need to re ask the question). other members post and its moths to a flame.

some people hey!??

Meh....
Old 15th January 2018, 09:58 AM   #147
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Car: E36 m3
Colour Combo: Avus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootyman View Post
Does anyone know why the warta in Majorca, dont taste like wat it ought to?

Seiously, i would have though life wa hard enugh in the real World without people caring about who said and what on a car Forum!
You would have thought so but people do get really upset what's said on the net. Place is full of snowflakes.
Old 15th January 2018, 10:51 AM   #148
Keith
Achieved official socks

Car: S65B40
Colour Combo: Monte Carlo Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelongy View Post
You say that Keith, but he consistently tried to wind both me and you up (even on non related threads) Had it not been for the way in which we dealt with it we could have been having the same arguments.

I agree people should live and let live, we have had different opinions but never been an issue. At the same time though, a antagonistic character trying to get a rise out of people is not exactly good for the forum and shouldn’t really have to be tolerated.
I agree he can be difficult, I have been on the receiving end, maybe I'm more willing to move on than hold deep grudges.

Regardless, differences aside, on a human level it's not nice for an entire group to savage someone over 8 pages, and all this was sparked from another thread that was overtaken by people jumping in with boots on, and IMO, undeservedly. The bigger, more humane people would ignore and move on, not join forces and relentlessly beat down on an individual for pages and pages. I don't care who the victim is, morally, that's not how we play. I guess some people have been waiting for this moment and think he more than deserves it all. But for my taste, this has gone too far, hence why I said something.

But I've said my bit now. As you were...
Old 15th January 2018, 11:02 AM   #149
A5H
Achieved official socks

Car: 6.2L E46 M3
Colour Combo: Imola Red

Were people not impressed enough with your 9000th MY PORSCHE thread OP? Hope ur okay hun.
Old 15th January 2018, 11:07 AM   #150
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by A5H View Post
Were people not impressed enough with your 9000th MY PORSCHE thread OP? Hope ur okay hun.
Leave the Porsche be. It's sex on wheels. I would love to see more Porsche pics on the forum but then it is an M forum after all.
Old 15th January 2018, 11:08 AM   #151
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Quote:
I agree he can be difficult, I have been on the receiving end, maybe I'm more willing to move on than hold deep grudges.

Regardless, differences aside, on a human level it's not nice for an entire group to savage someone over 8 pages, and all this was sparked from another thread that was overtaken by people jumping in with boots on, and IMO, undeservedly. The bigger, more humane people would ignore and move on, not join forces and relentlessly beat down on an individual for pages and pages. I don't care who the victim is, morally, that's not how we play. I guess some people have been waiting for this moment and think he more than deserves it all. But for my taste, this has gone too far, hence why I said something.

I don't think everyone is sticking the boot in Boba by any stretch of the imagination. I'm certainly not. I'm just keeping the thread going
Old 15th January 2018, 11:19 AM   #152
Redman
Achieved official socks

Car: 65 4 series GC F36 Msport Estoril Blue/Oaster Interior

Quote:

Wise words there Keith
Old 15th January 2018, 03:54 PM   #153
Richard6
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
I can't remember a more blatant example of this situation that me and my ex wife... we were approaching traffic lights, which were red... and she still had her foot on the throttle. When I asked her why she was still accelerating towards stationairy traffic I got it full pelt, the abuse was unprecedented.

I wonder when Google finally bring out their driverless car, if... when approaching red lights, the car starts to slow down... if the car will get the same verbal abuse for slowing down.
I get this a lot too, I expect that I have pounded a divot out in the floor pan under the carpet of the foot well with all my "passenger braking". She has even noticed and repeatedly asks me why I'm doing it as she sees the oncoming hazzard

Quite strange because years ago my best friend drove like a total maniac, I was used to his late braking etc, and we were never in any accident. I never flinched at his actions, I obviously had a lot of faith in him & maybe nerves of steel. People used to ask how I could sit next to him driving a car, yet look at me now with my own wife?
Old 15th January 2018, 04:10 PM   #154
Parsley
Achieved official socks

Men shouldn't be driven by women unless drunk. It's as simple as that. If I see a bloke during the day being driven by his missus I just think what a fag. It's a man's job to drive. It's a woman's job to run the house. It's just the way it is. I'm sure loads will disagree, all you modern ahem..... "men".
Old 15th January 2018, 04:18 PM   #155
Richard6
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
Men shouldn't be driven by women unless drunk. It's as simple as that. If I see a bloke during the day being driven by his missus I just think what a fag. It's a man's job to drive. It's a woman's job to run the house. It's just the way it is. I'm sure loads will disagree, all you modern ahem..... "men".
Medication prohibits mate, I'm not going to be the next Harry Clarke ruining families lives from my stupidity

On the drunk front, that's when you need a lift most and from her least. Taxi home, rarely a problem yet I am always sea sick after she brings me home from town and end up on the porcelain telephone for a good half hour.

All my own doing if course she says
Old 15th January 2018, 04:21 PM   #156
Treblein99
Achieved official socks

Car: m3 f80 flapps open
Colour Combo: M3 f80 speed yellow mpe flapps open a must

I agree men should only drive to the pub i was lucky my wife never drank so never a argument about drivin home ok she did make me sell my 911 because she hated drivin it home ... plus kept our home perfect
Old 15th January 2018, 04:58 PM   #157
Richard6
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treblein99 View Post
I agree men should only drive to the pub i was lucky my wife never drank so never a argument about drivin home ok she did make me sell my 911 because she hated drivin it home ... plus kept our home perfect
Sounds like she was certainly one in a million and I suppose you can forgive her for not enjoying driving the 911.

My mates sister is like this, the bloke she married has well landed on his feet. House is always immaculate and he has woken to a cooked breakfast everyday since they got married . Strangely I never saw her as the perfect model housewife when we were younger
Old 15th January 2018, 05:02 PM   #158
E46CoupeM3
Achieved official socks

Car: 2001 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Carbon Black

^ unless it's a fried breakfast every morning
Old 15th January 2018, 05:28 PM   #159
Richard6
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46CoupeM3 View Post
^ unless it's a fried breakfast every morning
Oh, I'm not talking a boiled egg here, I mean sausage, bacon, eggs...the full Monty!
Old 15th January 2018, 05:46 PM   #160
Gez1976
Achieved official socks

Car: F82 M4 CP
Colour Combo: Individual Long Beach Blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsley View Post
It's just forums. It's just the way it goes unfortunately. People deny it but they do hide behind a keyboard and bully. It's so sad. Passionford was way worse. Years back I had a death threat on a public forum. My wife was upset, really upset. It was shocking. I put my address up on the forum and called out the pos and nothing happened. Just bullying. Really sad and ruins a forum experience. Just my two penneth
Your wife were probably more upset with you owning a Ford....
Closed Thread