The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > CA Technologies International Ltd

Old 15th July 2018, 12:09 AM   #81
samellio
A mere Chipper

Car: 94 R32 GTR Skyline

Hi there,
Looking to get some more negative camber on a 2014 M4 whilst keeping suspension stock.
Car will be used on track a lot but also my daily so could you suggest an alignment?
What would you recommend?
Thanks
samellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 09:45 AM   #82
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Car: Vectra C estate 2.0T 16v petrol

hi there and thanks for posting
are you asking for suggested camber angle settings, or regarding suggestions for good camber adjustment hardware such as front camber plates and rear camber arms please ?
or both !?
all the best
David @ CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2018, 09:56 AM   #83
samellio
A mere Chipper

Hi David,

Thanks for your response.

For both really, was originally thinking front camber plates then adjust the rear as far as it will go using the stock adjustment, want to try and keep the car as standard as possible whilst making it not kill its tyres on the track.

Iím really keen to not use anything thatís noisy or clunky.

What would you suggest for hardware and alignment?

Thanks again
Old 17th July 2018, 11:03 AM   #84
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Hello again ...
the most popular front camber plates (and in our view & experience the best overall quality out there for this scenario) would be Ground Control, from USA.
Unfortunately any such camber adjustment hardware may affect NVH to a degree by its very nature, no way around that.
but most GC camber plates incorporate a rubber isolation pad to reduce this.
if correctly installed there should be no significant "clunking / clattering" noises, just what I call a "vibration hum", which in many cases you end up "tuning out" after a while of getting used to the new set up anyway.
Such items are expensive though ("you get what you pay for" as it were) even with 10% off, we are looking at £589.00 inc vat and import duties the pair.
Image here : https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...g?v=1490811050

as a general rule of thumb, for track work you want as much negative camber as possible, which improves turn - in and general steering response.
I generally run between 2 and 2.75 degrees negative, front and rear, and if you have high speed straights I suggest setting front and rear to also Toe In ( not out) as this helps establish high speed stability which can at times be a bit affected by high negative camber values .

hope this has helped, feel free to ask anything else
Old 17th July 2018, 12:13 PM   #85
samellio
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by David @ CA View Post
Hello again ...
the most popular front camber plates (and in our view & experience the best overall quality out there for this scenario) would be Ground Control, from USA.
Unfortunately any such camber adjustment hardware may affect NVH to a degree by its very nature, no way around that.
but most GC camber plates incorporate a rubber isolation pad to reduce this.
if correctly installed there should be no significant "clunking / clattering" noises, just what I call a "vibration hum", which in many cases you end up "tuning out" after a while of getting used to the new set up anyway.
Such items are expensive though ("you get what you pay for" as it were) even with 10% off, we are looking at £589.00 inc vat and import duties the pair.
Image here : https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/18...g?v=1490811050

as a general rule of thumb, for track work you want as much negative camber as possible, which improves turn - in and general steering response.
I generally run between 2 and 2.75 degrees negative, front and rear, and if you have high speed straights I suggest setting front and rear to also Toe In ( not out) as this helps establish high speed stability which can at times be a bit affected by high negative camber values .

hope this has helped, feel free to ask anything else
Huge thanks for this David, most helpful!

The ground control plates were what I was thinking, I donít mind a bit of extra noise so long as itís not clonking over low speed bumps like another set Iíve used on a different car. Do you find they need rebuilding after a certain amount of time?

After fitment does everything go back to look completely standard so you wouldnít know they were fitted unless you saw the camber in the wheel?

Do you know how much camber I can get with stock suspension (not lowered) at the back?

Could you also recommend how much toe to run?

I looked on your website and found you have a number of approved fitters. Could you recommend which one is best for south east London (donít mind travelling a bit).

Thanks again
Old 17th July 2018, 01:17 PM   #86
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

hello again, and sorry for the delayed reply .
sorry I had meant to say before, we suggest around 0.5 mm toe in front and rear .
where possible, we also advise running about the same negative camber values front and rear axles.
As the M4 has covers on the front strut towers then usually these can be retained with the GC Plates too so they are not immediately apparent when looking under the bonnet.
to date we have had no complaints of the type of low speed "clonking" you describe. But of course bar in mind what one person considers "too loud", another person can consider the opposite ;-)
sorry that I am not too sure how much rear camber you can achieve on the factory hardware, as we usually also install the rear adjustable camber arms too on such jobs ...
As to installation, very sorry we no longer have anyone near you, likely closest is Chingford or Thruxton !

all the best ;-)
Old 17th July 2018, 02:13 PM   #87
samellio
A mere Chipper

Quote:
hello again, and sorry for the delayed reply .
sorry I had meant to say before, we suggest around 0.5 mm toe in front and rear .
where possible, we also advise running about the same negative camber values front and rear axles.
As the M4 has covers on the front strut towers then usually these can be retained with the GC Plates too so they are not immediately apparent when looking under the bonnet.
to date we have had no complaints of the type of low speed "clonking" you describe. But of course bar in mind what one person considers "too loud", another person can consider the opposite ;-)
sorry that I am not too sure how much rear camber you can achieve on the factory hardware, as we usually also install the rear adjustable camber arms too on such jobs ...
As to installation, very sorry we no longer have anyone near you, likely closest is Chingford or Thruxton !

all the best ;-)
Thanks again, great help

Hadnít thought about changing rear arms. Could you provide a link for a set?

Think chingford will be best. Will they have the camber plates in stock?

Old 17th July 2018, 03:22 PM   #88
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Thank you, we try our best LOL
links here below to our favourite / best selling options, as full sets and also individual pairs.
all the best !

http://www.ca-int.co.uk/single_prod-...wX2lkPTky.html

Old 18th July 2018, 09:02 AM   #89
samellio
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Thank you, we try our best LOL
links here below to our favourite / best selling options, as full sets and also individual pairs.
all the best !

Thanks again David
Old 18th July 2018, 03:29 PM   #90
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

You are very welcome

if you were in the market for the full rear camber and Toe arm set, we can offer some extra discount ...
all the best

Last edited by David @ CA; 18th July 2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: omission
Old 18th July 2018, 05:23 PM   #91
samellio
A mere Chipper

Quote:
You are very welcome

if you were in the market for the full rear camber and Toe arm set, we can offer some extra discount ...
all the best
Think Iíll just go for the plates as theyíre slightly more warranty friendly but thanks anyway
Old 8th August 2018, 07:28 PM   #92
mmmfive
A mere Chipper

Car: 2006 Z4MC

Are there any offers on ESS kits for the Z4M, as Iím getting fed up seeing E46 M3 ones being offered for £1k less (same engine, different ECU)?

Just weighing up a carbon airbox + alpha-n or supercharger, and the e46 prices are tempting at just over 2x the cost, but the Z4M ones are putting me off at almost 3x the cost.
mmmfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2018, 10:29 AM   #93
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Hi

Yes we can supply the following.

We are able to offer you 10% off which brings the price down to £6220.00 gbp inc vat / duties for the 475 kit or £7520.00 for the VT525 kit. Delivery is normally £60.00, we will offer this at £30.00

We can also quote for the CSL airbox and ECU tune, but of course s - charging while more expensive offers far more power and wider spread over the rev range.

cheers
D
Old 9th August 2018, 11:03 AM   #94
mmmfive
A mere Chipper

It looks like the weak £ is screwing the prices.

I was expecting to see a saving on the published prices on your website (i.e. £6800 for the Z4M VT525 vs £5800 for the M3), but that pricelist probably hasnít been updated from earlier in the year.

Closer to £6k Iíd be interested, but £7.5k is way over my budget.

Thanks for the quote though, and I would be interested in a quote for the airbox & tune.
Old 13th August 2018, 11:49 AM   #95
David @ CA
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmfive View Post
It looks like the weak £ is screwing the prices.

I was expecting to see a saving on the published prices on your website (i.e. £6800 for the Z4M VT525 vs £5800 for the M3), but that pricelist probably hasnít been updated from earlier in the year.

Closer to £6k Iíd be interested, but £7.5k is way over my budget.

Thanks for the quote though, and I would be interested in a quote for the airbox & tune.
hi

Unfortunately the £ Pound is getting weaker every week against other currencies, (god bless Brexit ! ) which is pushing up prices on us all.
I can pretty much guarantee the 525 version kit will never get as low as £6000.00 in the foreseeable future, but the 475 kit is close at £6220.00, and you can upgrade that to the 525 later down the line if you wished and according to available finances.

For the Airbox and ECU A/N tune, do you have a particular preference of brand or shall we offer our best (2) suggestions pls ?

All the best

R
Old 13th August 2018, 03:55 PM   #96
mmmfive
A mere Chipper

Quote:
For the Airbox and ECU A/N tune, do you have a particular preference of brand or shall we offer our best (2) suggestions pls ?

All the best

R
Best suggestions please.

I'm also assuming the Z4M one is not materially different to the M3 version?