The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques

Old 13th February 2018, 05:15 PM   #1
beemarman
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2013 BMW M6, CP and Ceramics
Colour Combo: White with Black Leather
Default 2018 Audi S5 convertible

Has anyone driving on of these?

Thinking of swapping my M6 for one.

The M6 is just too big for my style of driving, plus the other half refuses to drive it as well.

beemarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 6th March 2018, 08:15 PM   #2
DJonmotors
On the path

Car: 2013 E92 M3 DCT
Colour Combo: Black/Black

Hi,

Did a back to back run in both the new S5 convertible and sportback over an evening, and have to say I was massively disappointed. They're solid, stable, comfortable and loaded with tech, but totally anodyne, with a horrible synthetic exhaust note and totally linear, characterless delivery. It makes a perfect fast cruiser, but nothing more. I fear you'd be gutted if you swapped in the M6, and not just because the S5 is much much slower.

However, while I've not yet driven it, journo colleagues of mine have been giving the new RS5 a big thumbs up, which seems par for the course for Quattro - sorry 'Audi Sport' - one of the most hit and miss performance wings out there.

DJ
DJonmotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2018, 01:35 AM   #3
Magicman
Achieved official socks

Car: 2018 Audi RS5
Colour Combo: Mythos Black on Black

Moonstone on here has just swapped his m6 for the new RS5 and is loving it. I've just swapped my m4 CP for one and love it. There's a couple of threads on the f8x forum maybe worth a read.
Magicman is offline   Reply With Quote