The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 17th April 2018, 07:40 AM   #21
Chady
Wearing official robes

Car: csl
Colour Combo: Sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu78 View Post
Hi mate,

Thing is this went suddenly one day last year and all pointed to GPS. He's had it all back together and fitted the 2 new springs that were by the GPS. He's done the smg calibration process and all gears select ok when driving. The issue is when not driving 1st and R grind / thud in from stand still. 1st tries about 6 to 10 times before it goes in and you can hear it try. Really odd

Tonight was mad worse by the fact my battery died on me. It seems even after a run tonight and it's been on trickle charge too, it must be foooked. Had to stick a jump pack on it to move it back on the drive. Gonna get a Bosch battery tomorrow for it. This may cause some issues if the battery is screwed.

The error codes I have had twice after clearing them twice too are,

SMG DME - error 48 - gear not changeable

Occured 3 times and gave implausible battery / sporadic value

ENGINE DME - error 223 pressure intaken manifold

0100 - broken wire / value missing - error present or static error

Error 130 - EWS Signal Manipulation

Start Value empty / error present

The EWS will prob be as I am running CSL Map that Mike did for me and EWS is disabled.

The gearbox dme is also running CSL software version 255

I really need an SMG speciailist near Liverpool or somewhere close I can have the car sent to?
. For me I’d still look at “locking pin” , if when selecting gear, shift travel need to be located in correct position in notch on selector shaft by the locking pin, if not when selecting 1st gear it may not be in perfect position for for selection angle, then will possibly crunch gears, also the position is picked up by gps ,this sinks with clutch position sensors in slave Etc etc etc, as for clutch they keep the same pressure over its entire life as it’s self adjusting. All links with smg electronics, in sink with pump solinoids controlling clutch and gear selecting process torque etc. I’m rattling on about spring and pin but this has a very important connection with what the gps picks up, which basically tells smg what’s happening, Also possibly why it’s serching for gears , once a gear is probably selected it should stay in gear until its told to change again,, Hope this helps

Last edited by Chady; 17th April 2018 at 08:41 AM.
Chady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 17th April 2018, 06:16 PM   #22
Stu78
Achieved official socks

Car: 04 BMW M3 SMG Coupe
Colour Combo: Mystic Blue / Black Nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chady View Post
. For me Iíd still look at ďlocking pinĒ , if when selecting gear, shift travel need to be located in correct position in notch on selector shaft by the locking pin, if not when selecting 1st gear it may not be in perfect position for for selection angle, then will possibly crunch gears, also the position is picked up by gps ,this sinks with clutch position sensors in slave Etc etc etc, as for clutch they keep the same pressure over its entire life as itís self adjusting. All links with smg electronics, in sink with pump solinoids controlling clutch and gear selecting process torque etc. Iím rattling on about spring and pin but this has a very important connection with what the gps picks up, which basically tells smg whatís happening, Also possibly why itís serching for gears , once a gear is probably selected it should stay in gear until its told to change again,, Hope this helps
Hi mate.

He said that was all fine.

The noise Iím getting he said is the dmf. It doesnít happen all the time but when it does it pretty loud.

Itís reverse plus 1st the crunching is happening and sometimes 1st is skipped too.
Stu78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 06:17 PM   #23
Stu78
Achieved official socks

Car: 04 BMW M3 SMG Coupe
Colour Combo: Mystic Blue / Black Nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mid lid View Post
Follow the procedure again, and be very very quick when you turn off the ingnition and start it, it will work
I did mate but still the same issue.
Stu78 is offline   Reply With Quote