The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > 1M and M2

Old 3rd February 2018, 05:00 PM   #1
And67
A mere Chipper

Car: BMW M2 Lci in LBB, BMW M135, 435 M Sport, e92 M3, Porsche 996 c2, e36 M3
Default M2's everywhere!

Guys,

There seems to be a flood of pre reg's appeared on the BMW AUC site. Any idea what's happening? A lot seem to be stock dealer spec, so assume these aren't cancelled orders pending the Comp and BMW just aren't selling enough!?!
And67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 3rd February 2018, 05:58 PM   #2
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Car: RS6 (C7), M4, X5M (F85) incoming

Very limited discount has meant low sales numbers, doesn’t mean the car is poor. It’s more that people don’t seem to be happy if they are not getting discounts in the similar vein as other M cars.

There is more opportunity for deals now however, and factory orders will probably become more limited (that’s what I was told).

Shame is, nearly all the cars don’t have the Icon lights, which for me is a personal must! Dealers and BMW view them as an Expensive option to tick! I’d rather them than electric seats or the like!!
Daveygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:02 PM   #3
wrighty
Wearing official underwear

Car: BMW 1M
Colour Combo: Alpine white black leather

I think the competition pack is on its way and there having a clear out.
wrighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:03 PM   #4
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighty View Post
I think the competition pack is on its way and there having a clear out.
Yes..itís definately happening, but no confirmed timing as to when or spec.
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:39 PM   #5
And67
A mere Chipper

Yeah, totally agree re the icons instead of electric seats! Had adaptive lights on current 135 and previous m3 and they are fantastic!
Old 3rd February 2018, 06:57 PM   #6
KenC
On the path

Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia

I know of one dealer group that has 10 unadvertised December registered M2 as well as a January registered demo.
KenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 07:13 PM   #7
And67
A mere Chipper

Wow, which group is that??
Old 3rd February 2018, 07:25 PM   #8
KenC
On the path

Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia

They are advertising the demo at a good price but cannot sell it for three months. When you call they mention the other cars. Not sure I want to mention the name publically at the moment.

The point is that this information on top of the 7 cars at port last weekend that were sold by TRL means there must be many unallocated M2 out there.

It is only a short while since these cars were hard to come by.
KenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:05 PM   #9
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by And67 View Post
Yeah, totally agree re the icons instead of electric seats! Had adaptive lights on current 135 and previous m3 and they are fantastic!
You can get the adaptive headlights on a normal spec car..the Icons are a nice aesthetic touch that include adaptive.
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:07 PM   #10
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenC View Post
They are advertising the demo at a good price but cannot sell it for three months. When you call they mention the other cars. Not sure I want to mention the name publically at the moment.

The point is that this information on top of the 7 cars at port last weekend that were sold by TRL means there must be many unallocated M2 out there.

It is only a short while since these cars were hard to come by.
I donít think it will hurt to say who the dealer is, it will promote their sales.

Luckily , whilst BMW may be clearing stock, they are still not as common as the M3/4
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:21 PM   #11
M Fifty
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2017 M2, 2002 330ci, 2003 M3 (deceased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveygal View Post
Very limited discount has meant low sales numbers, doesnít mean the car is poor. Itís more that people donít seem to be happy if they are not getting discounts in the similar vein as other M cars.

There is more opportunity for deals now however, and factory orders will probably become more limited (thatís what I was told).

Shame is, nearly all the cars donít have the Icon lights, which for me is a personal must! Dealers and BMW view them as an Expensive option to tick! Iíd rather them than electric seats or the like!!
Is it just the lights, or did you need the heated steering wheel and illuminated brake pedal as well? The lack of same doesn't detract from the ownership experience for me, but it sounds like a potential deal-breaker for others.
M Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2018, 08:43 PM   #12
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Is it just the lights, or did you need the heated steering wheel and illuminated brake pedal as well? The lack of same doesn't detract from the ownership experience for me, but it sounds like a potential deal-breaker for others.
I’m not questioning what others like or want?!

I only stated what I like and what I want, hence why I have gone for a factory order. The Icons were a must for me.

And no , I don’t need heated steering wheel as I have not specc’d it! Neither would I spec an illuminated pedal if it was an option.

So unless you think I am slating the M2, not sure what your point is?
Old 4th February 2018, 11:47 AM   #13
And67
A mere Chipper

Quote:
You can get the adaptive headlights on a normal spec car..the Icons are a nice aesthetic touch that include adaptive.
I thought adaptive headlights were an option? Are they now standard on the lci cars, and you can upgrade them to the icons?
Old 4th February 2018, 12:59 PM   #14
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by And67 View Post
I thought adaptive headlights were an option? Are they now standard on the lci cars, and you can upgrade them to the icons?
LEDs are standard on the LCI and you can tick ĎAdaptiveí as an Option.

The Icons are another version of the LEDís and when you select them Ďadaptiveí is automatically added.

Go and play on the BMW configurator...itís easy enough to establish the ins and outs of the options
Old 4th February 2018, 05:44 PM   #15
petay135
On the path

Car: F87 M2 LCI
Colour Combo: MG / Black

Well I must be spoiling myself as I have Icons AND Electric Seats

The icons are an expensive option but given I was coughing up 49k I had to have them
petay135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 07:07 PM   #16
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by petay135 View Post
Well I must be spoiling myself as I have Icons AND Electric Seats

The icons are an expensive option but given I was coughing up 49k I had to have them
Snob
Old 4th February 2018, 07:28 PM   #17
M Fifty
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2017 M2, 2002 330ci, 2003 M3 (deceased)

Quote:
I’m not questioning what others like or want?!

I only stated what I like and what I want, hence why I have gone for a factory order. The Icons were a must for me.

And no , I don’t need heated steering wheel as I have not specc’d it! Neither would I spec an illuminated pedal if it was an option.

So unless you think I am slating the M2, not sure what your point is?
If you’re buying it because of a particular type of headlight, rather than how it drives, you’re sounding similar to the M4 owners who moan about the lack of said steering wheel heater, or HUD, or (insert something else that would never appear on a Motorsport-focused car). They are all features that could be specced on small capacity diesel model, and as such are not a reason to buy an M2.

I’m happy you like the idea of owning a M2, but if you’re ordering one (I did, while sat on the tarmac at Gatwick...), letting on that something that’s - at best - a feature (rather than a benefit) is important to you, means you may need to take some lube with you when negotiating the deal.

Get them to throw it in. Do not make it a Negotiating Point. HTH

Last edited by M Fifty; 4th February 2018 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Grammar
M Fifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 07:45 PM   #18
Shand
A mere Chipper

Car: F87 M2 6MT

Well that's that cleared up then....
Shand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2018, 08:20 PM   #19
Daveygal
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
If youíre buying it because of a particular type of headlight, rather than how it drives, youíre sounding similar to the M4 owners who moan about the lack of said steering wheel heater, or HUD, or (insert something else that would never appear on a Motorsport-focused car). They are all features that could be specced on small capacity diesel model, and as such are not a reason to buy an M2.

Iím happy you like the idea of owning a M2, but if youíre ordering one (I did, while sat on the tarmac at Gatwick...), letting on that something thatís - at best - a feature (rather than a benefit) is important to you, means you may need to take some lube with you when negotiating the deal.

Get them to throw it in. Do not make it a Negotiating Point. HTH
At what point did I say I was buying it just for the headlights, are you actually listening to yourself when you write all that ****e??

Also read what I have put..I have an M2 on order, a factory order which I have speccíd how I want it. Sorry , I know I should have just bought the first one I saw because itís an M2, simple as that

And to make it even sweeter, I got a 15.89% discount...so I think I have a grasp on negotiation. Does that hurt , I guess you took plenty of lube when you bought yours from the sound of it?

You seem like you have a chip on your shoulder about something sweetheart? Is it because I currently own an M4 and those nasty boys in the F8x section, were slating the M2 awhile back?

Well just to reassure you, I make all my own decisions in life and I donít let others influence that? Iím also an Audi owner, do you want to question me about my preferences on that car

Now toddle off back to your ĎM Car Purity clubí and take your head out of your arse. You seem to believe that every car should be base spec and raw - youíre a legend! BMW must disgust you by giving the customer options, how disgusting.

But please to meet you by the way, you seem a complete knob!
Old 4th February 2018, 08:58 PM   #20
Alex88
On the path

Car: G31 530D Xdrive

Quite happy with my Icon LED headlights, electric seats and sunroof on my Ďmotorsport focussedí car
Alex88 is offline   Reply With Quote