The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)

Old 11th August 2018, 08:36 PM   #101
Raif
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3, 5 series daily, bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
Like Raif and Ian says - BE!
If you never going to use full throttle or go above 5300 rpm and don't intend to keep your car for more than 2 years then yep the BE bearings amd 0W30 oil as recommended

Don't mention any of that if you're selling it outside of the U.S. though
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11th August 2018, 09:15 PM   #102
Helmsman
Achieved official socks

Car: 2011 BMW M3 E90 Comp Pack DCT
Colour Combo: Alpine White, Black Novillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
If you never going to use full throttle or go above 5300 rpm and don't intend to keep your car for more than 2 years then yep the BE bearings amd 0W30 oil as recommended

Don't mention any of that if you're selling it outside of the U.S. though
ACL Race bearing and always 10W60. Don't plan to sell which is why I have replaced the way I have. First engine sized mate? Good luck with your second...
Helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2018, 10:57 PM   #103
Raif
Achieved official socks

Car: E92 M3, 5 series daily, bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
ACL Race bearing and always 10W60. Don't plan to sell which is why I have replaced the way I have. First engine sized mate? Good luck with your second...
You took my tongue in cheek response to what i thought was a tongue in cheek statement about myself and Ian a bit personally and got defensive and made a personal jibe at me.

My engine span a bearing at 79k. Car had 6 previous owners and was 8 years old. Like i said in hindsight i would have replaced the shells immediately with OEM items as chances most of those owners didn't wait for the oil to get to temp before putting their foot down.

Every cloud has a silver lining as BMW UK fiited a brand new engine which arrived on a crate from Germany. Brand new and exactly to the specifications which BMW motorsport division designed it to. I bet it lasts longer than yours...
Raif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2018, 08:13 AM   #104
Helmsman
Achieved official socks

Car: 2011 BMW M3 E90 Comp Pack DCT
Colour Combo: Alpine White, Black Novillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raif View Post
You took my tongue in cheek response to what i thought was a tongue in cheek statement about myself and Ian a bit personally and got defensive and made a personal jibe at me.

My engine span a bearing at 79k. Car had 6 previous owners and was 8 years old. Like i said in hindsight i would have replaced the shells immediately with OEM items as chances most of those owners didn't wait for the oil to get to temp before putting their foot down.

Every cloud has a silver lining as BMW UK fiited a brand new engine which arrived on a crate from Germany. Brand new and exactly to the specifications which BMW motorsport division designed it to. I bet it lasts longer than yours...
No offence meant mate, its only my Swenglish playing tricks with you.
Brand new motor, what a lovely ending to a nasty story. Assumingly after all warranties out. Always nice to hear when BMW have a conscience, even if very rare occasions.
Helmsman is offline   Reply With Quote