The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > CA Technologies International Ltd

Old 28th July 2009, 10:42 AM   #1
PDM
Site Sponsor

Car: Baby Wagon
Default Axxis Ultimate Brake Pad Special Offer

Vat free sale, 15% off normal prices.

The AXXIS Ultimate is the newest high performance street pad to be introduced into the market from Bendix Mintex in Australia. Building on years of success with their world class Metal Master pads, Bendix Mintex formulated the Ultimate pad compound to compete with the best performance street pads in the world.
The AXXIS Ultimate pads feature a special Kevlarģ and ceramic strengthened formula with a high co-efficient of friction and very high temperature fade resistance. As with all AXXIS pads, the Ultimate pad is a non-asbestos formula.

Designed for extreme high performance street driving and hard braking applications, Ultimate pad users will benefit with extreme stopping power and high resistance to brake fade at high temperatures. Consistent throughout itís operating temperature range, youíll get dependable, predictable stops time after time.

After extensive testing of many different pad compounds, StopTech has chosen the AXXIS Ultimate as their standard pad to be included with their big brake kits. Aggressively driven over and over at their test facility, the AXXIS Ultimate pad has a Maximum Operating Temperature (MOT) of 500 C degrees (932 F deg), and has minimal co-efficient of friction loss throughout itís entire operating temperature range. We found the Ultimate pad poses a combination of cold stopping performance and high temperature fade resistance, as well as the anti-squeal shims, wear sensors where applicable and the excellent overall finish of a world class quality pad, at a price that makes it an exceptional value.

Normal retail prices can be seen on this link, the 15% discount comes off these prices.
http://www.ca-automotive.co.uk/items...MAR2009(1).xls

Pads for most or all popular models are in stock ready to despatch. Average delivery cost £11 within the UK
PDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 12:23 PM   #2
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

Car: 98' M3 EVO

hi phil

not bein lazy just short on time. i drive an E36 M3 EVO and i'll be changing my discs soon, but still have yet to decide on pads. very interested in these, please give me a price for all 4 corners.

cheers, marc
EVOmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2009, 12:54 PM   #3
PDM
Site Sponsor

Hi Marc,

The price for your car inc discount would be £ 114.43 inc postage for all four corners

cheers Phil
Old 28th July 2009, 09:37 PM   #4
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

hi phil

i will be going for these pads. i need a new clutch in my car at the moment so once that's done brakes will be next. out of curiosity, will you guys be at this years ultimate bmw show at santa pod? not sure i see you there last year and could be excellent for business. i for one would like to see one of your demo cars. if you could get down the 1/4 mile i'm sure that would raise a few eyebrows
Old 29th July 2009, 11:51 AM   #5
PDM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOmarc View Post
hi phil

i will be going for these pads. i need a new clutch in my car at the moment so once that's done brakes will be next. out of curiosity, will you guys be at this years ultimate bmw show at santa pod? not sure i see you there last year and could be excellent for business. i for one would like to see one of your demo cars. if you could get down the 1/4 mile i'm sure that would raise a few eyebrows
Yes we will be at the Ultimate Bmw show @ the Pod

We will have to wait and see if i get time to go down the strip
Old 15th September 2009, 05:36 PM   #6
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA AUTO View Post
Hi Marc,

The price for your car inc discount would be £ 114.43 inc postage for all four corners

cheers Phil
hi phil

is this offer still available? if so, i will be giving you a call to order a set tommorrow.

cheers
Old 15th September 2009, 05:40 PM   #7
PDM
Site Sponsor

yes matefor you i will honour the price i quoted

im here till 7pm tonight or you can call tomorrow
Old 15th September 2009, 05:44 PM   #8
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

good stuff. i will give you a call tomorrow mate. the mrs is on the blower and my mobile is off fof the evening

cheers
Old 16th September 2009, 05:48 PM   #9
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

hi phil

there woz something else i meant to ask you today but couldn't ring back a 3rd time, i woz a bit concerned you'd have me down as a stalker i want a full set of ebc turbo grooved discs for my car and wondered if you stock these? if so, please give me your best all inc price.

cheers

marc
Old 17th September 2009, 10:57 AM   #10
PDM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOmarc View Post
hi phil

there woz something else i meant to ask you today but couldn't ring back a 3rd time, i woz a bit concerned you'd have me down as a stalker i want a full set of ebc turbo grooved discs for my car and wondered if you stock these? if so, please give me your best all inc price.

cheers

marc
Hi Marc,

i can do you a set of front and rear EBC turbo grooved disc's inc delivery for £ 363.20

cheers Phil
Old 17th September 2009, 06:58 PM   #11
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA AUTO View Post
Hi Marc,

i can do you a set of front and rear EBC turbo grooved disc's inc delivery for £ 363.20

cheers Phil
cheers phil, i will give you a call on this next week. i received my pads today and have to say i'm a little concerned about one or two of them. they are very rough/jagged round the edges??
Old 18th September 2009, 11:28 AM   #12
PDM
Site Sponsor

They are all like that but once fitted this layer comes off in the break in and then you will have flush pads on the disc's. If you are not happy with them you can send them back and we will exchange them for some new one's

cheers Phil
Old 21st September 2009, 06:14 PM   #13
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

if this is normal on these pads then i'll happily take your word for it phil. i just wasn't sure if you were aware of it or not, hence my concerns. i did pop over to the CA stand weekend but missed you. tim said you were probably off looking for food.. or something
Old 22nd September 2009, 09:30 AM   #14
PDM
Site Sponsor

I think i was looking for something

Yeah this is normal just make sure you bed in the pads correctly and then they will be a ok

cheers Phil
Old 20th October 2009, 07:14 AM   #15
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

hi phil

wot is the correct "bedding in" procedure for these pads?

cheers

marc
Old 20th October 2009, 10:01 AM   #16
PDM
Site Sponsor

Bedding-in Street Performance Pads

For a typical performance brake system using street-performance pads, a series of ten partial braking events, from 60mph down to 10mph, will typically raise the temperature of the brake components sufficiently to be considered one bed-in set. Each of the ten partial braking events should achieve moderate-to-high deceleration (about 80 to 90% of the deceleration required to lock up the brakes and/or to engage the ABS), and they should be made one after the other, without allowing the brakes to cool in between.
Depending on the make-up of the pad material, the brake friction will seem to gain slightly in performance, and will then lose or fade somewhat by around the fifth stop (also about the time that a friction smell will be detectable in the passenger compartment). This does not indicate that the brakes are bedded-in. This phenomenon is known as a green fade, as it is characteristic of immature or �green' pads, in which the resins still need to be driven out of the pad material, at the point where the pads meet the rotors. In this circumstance, the upper temperature limit of the friction material will not yet have been reached.
As when bedding-in any set of brakes, care should be taken regarding the longer stopping distance necessary with incompletely bedded pads. This first set of stops in the bed-in process is only complete when all ten stops have been performed - not before. The system should then be allowed to cool, by driving the vehicle at the highest safe speed for the circumstances, without bringing it to a complete stop with the brakes still applied. After cooling the vehicle, a second set of ten partial braking events should be performed, followed by another cooling exercise. In some situations, a third set is beneficial, but two are normally sufficient.

Hope this helps

cheers Phil

Old 20th October 2009, 06:36 PM   #17
EVOmarc
Achieved official socks

err i think i've got all that well done phil, cheers
Old 21st October 2009, 10:41 AM   #18
PDM
Site Sponsor

No Probs
Old 21st October 2010, 09:22 PM   #19
MoOriginal
Achieved official socks

Car: M5 V10 Black
Colour Combo: Starlight Black / Black

phil
how much for 4x pads delivered please
MoOriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:32 PM   #20
MellonBall
On the path

Car: 2003 M3

Phil, how do these compare to Peformance Friction?
MellonBall is offline   Reply With Quote