The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > MirrorJohn

Old 23rd July 2017, 07:56 PM   #81
Martin3kcp
On the path

Car: E46 M3
Colour Combo: Techno Violet with black individual interior

Hi John, I had a small tide mark at the top of my rear view mirror that I noticed on Friday. I read a few threads on here and they recommended removing it from the car and then removing the glass ASAP. I can tell you that as soon as I started to take it apart the fluid started to come out and it is really corrosive to the plastics. So good advise is to change this mirror before it does any damage to the centre console or the mirror. I will send you a PM for a new rear view and side mirrors as I might as well do them all at the same time. Martin
Martin3kcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 11:45 AM   #82
Martin3kcp
On the path

Car: E46 M3
Colour Combo: Techno Violet with black individual interior

Hi john just changing my mirror and I have 2 black wires on the circuit board with both saying EC-. Which way do I solder the positive side too. Martin
Martin3kcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2017, 01:06 PM   #83
0asis2007
Achieved official socks

Car: 2003 M3 SMG Coupe
Colour Combo: Individual Aegean Blue/Light Silver Grey Nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin3kcp View Post
Hi john just changing my mirror and I have 2 black wires on the circuit board with both saying EC-. Which way do I solder the positive side too. Martin
That's strange...? Perhaps the plus sign has got rubbed off? When I did mine, the positive terminal was the top one, if you're looking at it, like so:

[/url]
0asis2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2017, 10:12 AM   #84
MirrorJohn
Site Sponsor

Car: 2005 Individual E46 M3 Coupe Manual, Honda S2000 GT, Honda CBR600RR
Colour Combo: Estoril / Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin3kcp View Post
Don't worry about the + ve and - ve, just make sure the light sensor is positioned above the flattened section on the mirror glass. If you look at the mirror it isn't symmetrical. It will make sense when you look at it again!
MirrorJohn is offline   Reply With Quote