The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > MS Motorsport

Old 14th February 2017, 10:49 AM   #41
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Car: 2002 M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Imola Red

One Set Left, due any day now.
trackm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 11:08 AM   #42
e46dave
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2006 BMW E46 M3
Colour Combo: Black / Red

Bargain at that price martin
e46dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 04:14 PM   #43
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Arrived today, so be quick one set left....
Old 14th February 2017, 04:35 PM   #44
Joe M
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Titan Silver / Black

Awesome, how long for delivery? Looking forward to receiving them
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2017, 04:36 PM   #45
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
Awesome, how long for delivery? Looking forward to receiving them
Booked for collection from me tomorrow for Thursday Delivery to you Joe
Old 10th May 2017, 02:40 PM   #46
gcpm3
On the path

Car: Many

any left at that price?
gcpm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2017, 03:38 PM   #47
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcpm3 View Post
any left at that price?
Sadly not sorry.
Old 16th June 2017, 01:22 PM   #48
ace
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 E46 M3 Manual Coupe
Colour Combo: Carbon Black/Kiwi

Are these still available? Are these kits a big improvement over h&r springs and koni yellows?
ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2017, 01:25 PM   #49
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace View Post
Are these still available? Are these kits a big improvement over h&r springs and koni yellows?
Not on a GB sorry, i can do a set for 975 delivered, and yes much better than a lowering spring and damper combo, hugely adjustable for rebound/compression and of course height
Old 16th June 2017, 01:26 PM   #50
ace
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackm3 View Post
Not on a GB sorry, i can do a set for 975 delivered, and yes much better than a lowering spring and damper combo, hugely adjustable for rebound/compression and of course height
Sounds good bud, how does the ride compare to spring/damper setup?
Old 16th June 2017, 01:59 PM   #51
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace View Post
Sounds good bud, how does the ride compare to spring/damper setup?
Firmer ride for sure as these are a mix of V3 valving and Club sport linear springs and camber top mounts

Great setup good for fast road and track use
Old 16th June 2017, 07:29 PM   #52
mantazini
Wearing official underwear

Car: E46 M3

Can give my 2p regards these . I still can't believe how KW managed to make them at this cost ( galvanized bodies vs stainless steal ones, can be such a difference? ) , had V3's before and they cost me arm and leg when added top mounts and a bit of a pain to set the sweet spot for different tracks . This was on the Mitsi , not M3 , and the bump adjustment was on the bottom of the strut meaning i need to crawl under the car if i'm not happy with adjustment. I was looking into Bilies or V2's this time for the exact reason , for me the pre fixed bump/rebound adjustment which is easy to reach was important. V2's on M3s were front and back progressive spring without top mounts meaning extra spending , so i decided to continue searching and found these ST XTA's . Spending some time to see the design differences between KWs i was surprised they share parts in between , spring option was taken from club sports (1kg softer ) linear front and same progressive rear , rather than V2/V3 both progressives. Club Sport top mounts alone cost 400 quid and these have them in the kit , you can not get a better bargain than this IMO.

Having them for a bit now , i found the ride being very compliant on our "perfect" bumpy roads , slow speed bump deals perfectly with pot holes and ruff stretches of the road . They're still on the firm side , but because the quality damping characteristics , they're very forgiving and not crashy or bouncy at all. I'm yet to find how they deal with track work (end of this month) , but on my hoon roads on harder settings they give enough confidence to push the car harder and harder. There's still a bit of roll even on hard setting , but that is down to oem ARB's rather than springs IMO. As a compromise for fast road and odd track day coil i don't think you can get any better than these for the price vs quality . And for the price Martin does them it's an absolute steal .

mantazini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2017, 05:15 PM   #53
ace
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantazini View Post
Can give my 2p regards these . I still can't believe how KW managed to make them at this cost ( galvanized bodies vs stainless steal ones, can be such a difference? ) , had V3's before and they cost me arm and leg when added top mounts and a bit of a pain to set the sweet spot for different tracks . This was on the Mitsi , not M3 , and the bump adjustment was on the bottom of the strut meaning i need to crawl under the car if i'm not happy with adjustment. I was looking into Bilies or V2's this time for the exact reason , for me the pre fixed bump/rebound adjustment which is easy to reach was important. V2's on M3s were front and back progressive spring without top mounts meaning extra spending , so i decided to continue searching and found these ST XTA's . Spending some time to see the design differences between KWs i was surprised they share parts in between , spring option was taken from club sports (1kg softer ) linear front and same progressive rear , rather than V2/V3 both progressives. Club Sport top mounts alone cost 400 quid and these have them in the kit , you can not get a better bargain than this IMO.

Having them for a bit now , i found the ride being very compliant on our "perfect" bumpy roads , slow speed bump deals perfectly with pot holes and ruff stretches of the road . They're still on the firm side , but because the quality damping characteristics , they're very forgiving and not crashy or bouncy at all. I'm yet to find how they deal with track work (end of this month) , but on my hoon roads on harder settings they give enough confidence to push the car harder and harder. There's still a bit of roll even on hard setting , but that is down to oem ARB's rather than springs IMO. As a compromise for fast road and odd track day coil i don't think you can get any better than these for the price vs quality . And for the price Martin does them it's an absolute steal .

That's made my mind up bud, going to fit these and sell my h&r springs. So I will need reinforced rear top mounts to go with these? Are the shafts 10 or 12mm? I have a rear strut brace I can put on if it helps
Old 14th July 2017, 06:09 PM   #54
trackm3
Site Sponsor

Hi, i have an E46 M3 set in stock, 12mm top mounts are needed

Thx
M
Old 15th July 2017, 07:33 AM   #55
Joe M
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Titan Silver / Black

When I bought my xta's I also purchased powerflex top mounts for the rear with them (all from Martin, trackm3). They fitted straight on no problem and come with the z3 style reinforcement plates.
Joe M is offline   Reply With Quote