The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Detailing, Valeting and Car care

Old 9th October 2017, 07:15 PM   #1
Skelts
Achieved official socks

Car: R8 gt
Colour Combo: White
Default Engine oil on boot carpet

I was carrying a 5 litre container of new oil in the boot, it was about 50% full and a small amount of this has leaked out onto the cars boot carpet.

What can I use to clean the carpet? I can get it out of the car but not sure what to use on the section with oil on it
Skelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10th October 2017, 11:06 AM   #2
0asis2007
Achieved official socks

Car: 2003 M3 SMG Coupe
Colour Combo: Individual Aegean Blue/Light Silver Grey Nappa

Sounds like you'll need something to break down the oil in any case, so I'd start with a diluted degreaser (e.g. Megs Super Degreaser) then move onto an APC of some description.

Degreasers wouldn't usually be recommended as a first choice for carpet cleaning, but for a heavy oil stain I'd give it a go. Pretty sure that's what the pros do
0asis2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2017, 02:17 PM   #3
AWilson9
On the path

Car: E46 M3

I've used standard car snow foam/shampoo on these type of carpets before. Give them a scrub with nail brush or something and blast off with pressure washer. They tend to be rubber anyway so dry pretty quick.
AWilson9 is offline   Reply With Quote