The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Bikes. Trikes?

Old 10th May 2017, 09:43 AM   #1
Jac
Achieved official socks

Car: 2001 vert
Colour Combo: Imola red / imola red nappa
Default Klein mountain bike for sale

Putting this in this section rather than For Sale because I think it will get overlooked there. What with being a bicycle!

I'll be putting it on Ebay soon, but wanted to offer it to cutters first.

Its a Klein Mantra Comp. Celebrated recognised classic. They stopped building them in 2000. I don't want to sell it, but I haven't used it for a full year and right now I need some cash money.

Please see all the pics, you can see its in pretty rough condition. It has actually been up mountains! And fallen off of many times.

If I had plenty money I would:-

1) Keep it.

2) i) Have it re-painted, all of it. Which will also require re-doing the Klein logo. ii) Then I'd replace the chain and gear sprockets because the gear change at the moment is not smooth and it sometimes changes gear of its own accord when you go over a bump. Suggestion is that it needs the gear cable to go in at less of an angle at the back wheel to cure this problem, but I haven't tried it. iii) And replace the front shocks, the foam in them has gone solid.

I am 5'9" tall and have had a raiser put in to lift the handlebars higher.

I'm looking for 500 for the bike as it stands. You are welcome to come and see it in St Neots, Cambridgeshire.

Collection only, or you pay for a courier.

Thanks for reading.
Jac

PS I know the front wheel is in the wrong way round. There is a very good reason for this.

Jac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 29th August 2017, 05:32 PM   #2
TouringRob
Rocking a new hat

Car: M3 Touring

I imagine you've sold it by now - but knowing nothing of your bike (or many others) prompted a quick google and the discovery of a funny review:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/1996-k...as-a-bike.html
TouringRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 07:25 PM   #3
TrojanHP
Wearing official underwear

Car: E46 M3

I have to say I agree with the article, used to work in a bike shop that sold Klein, they were scary indeed.
TrojanHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2017, 08:24 AM   #4
Jac
Achieved official socks

Car: 2001 vert
Colour Combo: Imola red / imola red nappa

The article is very funny and well-written. Probably also true, but the front suspension foam has been solid in this bike since I had it, so the main downhill problem he wrote about hasn't been an issue for me!

Also, I am a crazy brave, fit, mountain-munching cyclist.

The bike is not sold, friends and family did an intervention because they know how I love it. Am on holiday with it next week.

However, if there were a collector or afficionado who wanted one of these mad machines, I will sell it.

Jac
Jac is offline   Reply With Quote