The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > Storm Motorwerks

Old 12th March 2017, 11:15 AM   #1
charltjr
On the path

Car: E46 M3 SMG
Default Extended SMG paddles dimensions

Apologies if this has been covered before, I did do a search but couldn't find the answer.

How much wider are the extended paddles? I can see they're a fair bit longer but the main problem I personally have with the stock paddles is that I feel like I'm stretching my fingers out to reach them. I'd like it if they fell to hand more easily, so do the extended paddles do that or are they just longer?

Cheers,
John

PS any of the "M SMG" plaques left or are they all sold?
charltjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 07:57 PM   #2
ASONI
Achieved official socks

Car: 2004 E46 M3 / SMG / COUPE
Colour Combo: Imola Red / Black Heated Nappa Leather

Quote:
Originally Posted by charltjr View Post
Apologies if this has been covered before, I did do a search but couldn't find the answer.

How much wider are the extended paddles? I can see they're a fair bit longer but the main problem I personally have with the stock paddles is that I feel like I'm stretching my fingers out to reach them. I'd like it if they fell to hand more easily, so do the extended paddles do that or are they just longer?

Cheers,
John

PS any of the "M SMG" plaques left or are they all sold?
They are brilliant, bought a set myself recently. However the only disappointment I had was that they did not stick out further then the oem ones. I also find the oem width is a bit off to reach comfortably, but these are no better in that sense.

However they look and feel million times better so still worth it.

Last edited by ASONI; 13th March 2017 at 08:00 PM.
ASONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 08:50 PM   #3
charltjr
On the path

Car: E46 M3 SMG

Thanks, I'll probably still get some at some point but that puts them from a must have to a nice to have
charltjr is offline   Reply With Quote