The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Engine maintenance, upgrades and modifications

Old 8th September 2017, 05:10 AM   #1
Minto
Achieved official socks

Car: Daily/Track e92 M3 VT625
Colour Combo: Alpine white with Black Recaros
Default Vent guage?

As I'm planning tracking my car next year I think it'd be a good idea to keep an eye on inlet air temps, oil temps etc etc as I'm sure the charger will makes things a lot hotter under the bonnet.
Any recommendations on the best gauges to buy? The ones that fit into one of the air vets would be ideal.
Minto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 8th September 2017, 06:43 AM   #2
Nunga
Rocking a new hat

Car: 2003 E46 M3 manual
Colour Combo: Mystic Blue/Black Nappa

I have an AWRON gauge; not sure they continue making them now (they should for the E92), but as an OBD plug-in solution, it's fantastic. I wouldn't be concerned if you could only get a LHD one, as it's exactly the same but mounted in the LH cent of the central cluster.

My second one has operated perfectly for nearly two year so now, but the first was dodgy and subsequently replaced with no trouble at all.

They need to know it's got a blower to be able to set those additional parameters into the gauge too.
Nunga is offline   Reply With Quote