The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum
 

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th April 2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Seanjmoyle
Wearing official underwear
 
Seanjmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 299
Car: 05 Titan M3 + C250 + A1 S line
Default Post flat battery dash lights, DSC, Flat tyre, ABS and handbrake

Hi gents,

Got back to my car after 2 weeks away and the battery was totally flat, only thing i can think of is i left a usb charger in the 12v slot. Connected jump leads and car fired up fine, drove 2 minutes down the road and the dash lit up with DSC, flat tyre, Abs and handbrake warning lights. Drove for 30 miles and they were still on, cleared the codes today and they popped back up after 2 minutes.



ive looked on the forum and cant see anything similar resolved

on INPA there are 11 error codes

58 sensorversorgung 1 master
59 sensorversorgung 2 master
118 drosselklappenpotti 1
119 drosselklappenpotti 2
60 pedalwertgeber 1
61 pedalwertgeber 2
132 timeout dsc-botschaft
133 timeout lws-botschaft
134 timeout kombi-botschaft
139 tempomatsystem
81 mfl-schnittselle

Has any on else had the same problem and resolved it?

Im just about to disconnect the battery for the night as someone else has suggested on a previous post but apart from that im a bit lost.

Last edited by Seanjmoyle; 16th April 2018 at 07:19 PM.
Seanjmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 16th April 2018, 07:36 PM   #2
M3Chas
Achieved official socks
 
M3Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 1,458
Car: 2003 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Mystic Blue/Grey
Default

Leaving them flat for a while can play havoc. If it were me I'd ensure the battery is charged, drive it and see if the lights go away. If you can clear the codes, then happy days.
M3Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 09:01 PM   #3
Seanjmoyle
Wearing official underwear
 
Seanjmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 299
Car: 05 Titan M3 + C250 + A1 S line
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Chas View Post
Leaving them flat for a while can play havoc. If it were me I'd ensure the battery is charged, drive it and see if the lights go away. If you can clear the codes, then happy days.
Unfortunately its been driven, codes cleared and driven again, 50-60 miles since i found it flat
Seanjmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 09:21 PM   #4
DanE46M3
On the path
 
DanE46M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 52
Car: BMW E46 M3
Colour Combo: Estoril Blue
Default

Hi - I had the same lights come up on mine and was rear right ABS Sensor.

Hope this helps.
DanE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 10:40 PM   #5
zulfario94
On the path
 
zulfario94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 127
Car: BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Estoril Blue with Black Nappa Leather
Default

I've had the exact same issues, car stood for 6 months, car fired up on first attempt after first drive out I had all those lights pop up. I started googling everything thinking the worst simply connected a trickle charger made sure the battery was actually fully charged and not seen the lights ever since.

Id start with the battery first my specialist said the m3 is sensitive to the battery and if not fully charged will throw errors like this
zulfario94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 09:58 AM   #6
Seanjmoyle
Wearing official underwear
 
Seanjmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 299
Car: 05 Titan M3 + C250 + A1 S line
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanE46M3 View Post
Hi - I had the same lights come up on mine and was rear right ABS Sensor.

Hope this helps.
How did you diagnose it was the rear right ABS sensor in the end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfario94 View Post
I've had the exact same issues, car stood for 6 months, car fired up on first attempt after first drive out I had all those lights pop up. I started googling everything thinking the worst simply connected a trickle charger made sure the battery was actually fully charged and not seen the lights ever since.

Id start with the battery first my specialist said the m3 is sensitive to the battery and if not fully charged will throw errors like this
I have a CTEK in the workshop so think I'll get that hooked up today, will clear the codes and whip the battery out for a full charge, thanks for the advice.
Seanjmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 10:56 AM   #7
zulfario94
On the path
 
zulfario94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Clitheroe
Posts: 127
Car: BMW M3 SMG
Colour Combo: Estoril Blue with Black Nappa Leather
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanjmoyle View Post
How did you diagnose it was the rear right ABS sensor in the end?



I have a CTEK in the workshop so think I'll get that hooked up today, will clear the codes and whip the battery out for a full charge, thanks for the advice.
Have you got a diagnostic tool. Even Carly will tell you which speed sensor it thinks causing the fault. Best bet to do is charge the battery and clear the fault and if they come up then I'd start with looking at the wheel speed sensors.
zulfario94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 02:00 PM   #8
sbonse
Achieved official socks
 
sbonse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 1,224
Car: 2002 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Silver/Black
Default

Iíve recently had the same problem. My speedo stopped working as well. Check the fuses for the DSC. One of my fuses had blown. In the end my problem was the DSC unit became faulty and was blowing the fuse and causing the problem
sbonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 04:47 PM   #9
RJC
Wearing official robes
 
RJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Norfolk and good.
Posts: 377
Car: M3 SMG track car
Colour Combo: Carbon with tin interior
Default

I had all of these, plus speedo not working, after charging battery, it turned out to be ABS rings on the drive shafts rusting and swelling up. BMW wanted stupid money for complete drive shafts.........
around a fiver each from ECP, split old ones off, tap on new ones job done
RJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 05:28 PM   #10
Seanjmoyle
Wearing official underwear
 
Seanjmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 299
Car: 05 Titan M3 + C250 + A1 S line
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfario94 View Post
Have you got a diagnostic tool. Even Carly will tell you which speed sensor it thinks causing the fault. Best bet to do is charge the battery and clear the fault and if they come up then I'd start with looking at the wheel speed sensors.
I have inpa, didn't see any faults mention wheel sensors on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbonse View Post
I’ve recently had the same problem. My speedo stopped working as well. Check the fuses for the DSC. One of my fuses had blown. In the end my problem was the DSC unit became faulty and was blowing the fuse and causing the problem
I haven't noticed my speedo not working yet, I will check the fuses when back at the work shop tomorrow. I have left the battery on charge on the CTEK for the night now, by the time I left work it was only on 4 out of 7 lights so the battery may be done for, seems like it's not taking charge well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
I had all of these, plus speedo not working, after charging battery, it turned out to be ABS rings on the drive shafts rusting and swelling up. BMW wanted stupid money for complete drive shafts.........
around a fiver each from ECP, split old ones off, tap on new ones job done
Thanks for the info, if none of the above resolve the issue I will get the car jacked up and have a look.

Thanks for the info and definitely given me a fault path to follow!
Seanjmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 08:40 PM   #11
Seanjmoyle
Wearing official underwear
 
Seanjmoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 299
Car: 05 Titan M3 + C250 + A1 S line
Default

*****Update*****
Battery fully charged and no DSC or ABS fuses blown, codes cleared, short drive and the lights flashed up again.

Going to do more scanning and see if i can find any wheel sensor faults with INPA.
Seanjmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 AM.


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies this website uses, click here.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2018 M3cutters. All Rights Reserved.