The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques

Old 3rd September 2018, 10:54 AM   #21
swight
Wearing official robes

Car: 2009 E90 M3 Saloon
Colour Combo: Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorJohn View Post
Thanks mate. Yours looks a good one too.

First mod for mine will be a full exhaust system from JC Weldfab
Hi Mirror John! How's the RS4 running? Am now in the market to buy one of these.

Hearing a lot of good stuff about these!
swight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 3rd September 2018, 11:27 AM   #22
MirrorJohn
Site Sponsor

Car: 2005 Individual E46 M3 Coupe Manual, Honda S2000 GT, Honda CBR600RR
Colour Combo: Estoril / Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by swight View Post
Hi Mirror John! How's the RS4 running? Am now in the market to buy one of these.

Hi mate.

RS4 is running great thanks. I've been using it for what it is intended!

You may have noticed it's a little lower than it was before. I had some H&R lowering springs fitted. It's still a practical ride height but sits a little nicer. There was too much front arch gap as standard for my liking but I didn't want to lose the DRC as I really like it. The car rides lovely on these springs and the DRC. Eats up miles effortlessly but corners pretty flat. It's no M3 on the handling stakes but it's not terrible for a big heavy barge. Sitting a bit nicer:

I have also fitted the newer RNS-E mk2 Sat Nav / AMI out of a 2010+ Audi with Bluetooth ipod integration. Makes the head unit more modern but keeps everything OEM+.

My RS4 was dropped off at JC Weldfab on Saturday for a full stainless system including manifolds. I'm getting an uprated clutch return pipe fitted at the same time as you need to remove the manifold to fit it, so perfect time to do it. I'm going for valved backboxes (using Bentley valves) so I can quieten or louden the exhaust at will. I have fitted an electronic valve controller I bought from the States in preparation. Cant wait to hear her when I get her back next Saturday I'm well excited

Last edited by MirrorJohn; 3rd September 2018 at 02:06 PM.
MirrorJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2018, 01:59 PM   #23
FrazerD
Achieved official socks

Car: 2007 B7 RS4 Avant
Colour Combo: Phantom Black / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by swight View Post

Get yourself on RS256, lot of great info on there and some cracking cars for sale, a well sorted black saloon has not long come up.

Quote:
Hi mate.

You may have noticed it's a little lower than it was before. I had some H&R lowering springs fitted. It's still a practical ride height but sits a little nicer. There was too much front arch gap as standard for my liking but I didn't want to lose the DRC as I really like it. The car rides lovely on these springs and the DRC. Eats up miles effortlessly but corners pretty flat. It's no M3 on the handling stakes but it's not terrible for a big heavy barge. Sitting a bit nicer:

I have also fitted the newer RNS-E mk2 Sat Nav / AMI out of a 2010+ Audi with Bluetooth ipod integration. Makes the head unit more modern but keeps everything OEM+.

My RS4 was dropped off at JC Weldfab on Saturday for a full stainless system including manifolds. I'm getting an uprated clutch return pipe fitted at the same time as you need to remove the manifold to fit it, so perfect time to do it. I'm going for valved backboxes (using Bentley valves) so I can quieten or louden the exhaust at will. I have fitted an electronic valve controller I bought from the States in preparation. Cant wait to hear her when I get her back next Saturday I'm well excited
Looks great John, Iím picking mine up on Sunday and I canít wait, Iím like a kid. Iíve heard the drc is great when itís working but when yours goes wrong and you change it, I can assure you the kw route is great. My one has got V1ís on it and Iím quite happy about that as the V3ís in my opinion have too much adjustment for a road car.

Iíll maybe pick your brains about your headunit in the future as I might swap mine out depending how I get on with it.

Cheers
FrazerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 04:07 AM   #24
swight
Wearing official robes

Car: 2009 E90 M3 Saloon
Colour Combo: Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Hi mate.

Looks great John! Am defo going to check them out!
swight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2018, 08:19 AM   #25
MirrorJohn
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazerD View Post
Get yourself on RS256, lot of great info on there and some cracking cars for sale, a well sorted black saloon has not long come up.

Looks great John, I’m picking mine up on Sunday and I can’t wait, I’m like a kid. I’ve heard the drc is great when it’s working but when yours goes wrong and you change it, I can assure you the kw route is great. My one has got V1’s on it and I’m quite happy about that as the V3’s in my opinion have too much adjustment for a road car.

I’ll maybe pick your brains about your headunit in the future as I might swap mine out depending how I get on with it.

Cheers
RS246 is definitely a useful knowledge source.

My M3 has V3's and I have been out in an RS4 with Bislstein coilovers. This did ride very nicely, but not as nice as mine with DRC I will keep the DRC for as long as I can.

No problem if you want any advice on the head unit swap. Main benefits are higher res screen, better graphics, better mapping and the ability to connect the AMI module, so that you can get ipod/iphone integration and have full track/playlist control, track info etc etc

Last edited by MirrorJohn; 11th September 2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10th September 2018, 11:44 PM   #26
Zak
A mere Chipper

Car: 2003 BMW M3 Track Car
Colour Combo: Carbon black (for now) stripped & buckets

Had one around 5 years a go some b***ards trying to nick it..black saloon with buckets. Good car not the quickest but look great and nice to drive. Seem to be going up in price from the last time I looked.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2018, 03:49 AM   #27
bennn
Achieved official socks

Car: B7 RS4 Avant
Colour Combo: Sprint Blue / Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Had one around 5 years a go some b***ards trying to nick it..black saloon with buckets. Good car not the quickest but look great and nice to drive. Seem to be going up in price from the last time I looked.

Yours was full of carbon if you don't think it was quick. Mine goes like stink!
bennn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2018, 10:09 AM   #28
MirrorJohn
Site Sponsor

I've just picked mine up from having a JC Weldfab system made for her. 200 cell sports cats fitted, primary cats removed, x-pipe centre boxes and valved back boxes.It is a work of art and the sound is something else! Sounds like a proper V8 should and turns heads. The misses first comment was 'It sounds like a Supercar now'!