The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013) > E90 / E92 / E93 FAQ

Old 14th February 2016, 05:08 PM   #1
W19lko
A mere Chipper

Car: M3 e92 2007
Default New wheels or not?

Hi guys

I'm considering changing my wheels I want gloss black, I have standard 19" and looking tired, do I get them re painted or change?

I have about 1k to spend but I have heard all sorts when buying cheap or replica alloys so don't know what to do for the best?
W19lko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 15th February 2016, 07:52 AM   #2
Bharat
Achieved official socks

Car: E36 Evo

You can get you're wheel refurbed into gloss black for relatively little money, way under your budget....
There are sponsors here that sell replicas, I haven't tried them but I am considering them myself.
http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=107336
Bharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2016, 06:07 PM   #3
W19lko
A mere Chipper

Car: M3 e92 2007

I hate cleaning my wheels they take ages to clean properly and have looked at CM wheels who sponsor on here and like some of the wheels and affordable money but have people ever had problems with either set up of car or with the wheels them selves
W19lko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 06:56 PM   #4
Mr Reeves
Wearing official robes

Car: E90 M3 Manual
Colour Combo: Silverstone II/Black Novillo

I'm about to do the same with my E90. I agonised for a while about whether to go for OEM M359s or Avant Gardes.

In the end I went for the satin black 19 inch M359 Avant Garde wheels. Having an OEM wheel would be nice but I figured that the Avant Gardes represent a significant saving over OEM and look identical. Having read through quite a few threads and seeing that owners were very happy with the AGs I decided this was the best option.

I get that replicas can be dodgy but in the case of AG, they seem to be very good quality.

With regards to cleaning, you can get wheel sealants that you leave to cure on your wheels over night and they become much more resilient to brake dust/dirt etc.
Mr Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:24 PM   #5
Coker
Achieved official socks

Car: '61 E90 M3 LCI DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Reeves View Post
I'm about to do the same with my E90. I agonised for a while about whether to go for OEM M359s or Avant Gardes.

In the end I went for the satin black 19 inch M359 Avant Garde wheels. Having an OEM wheel would be nice but I figured that the Avant Gardes represent a significant saving over OEM and look identical. Having read through quite a few threads and seeing that owners were very happy with the AGs I decided this was the best option.

I get that replicas can be dodgy but in the case of AG, they seem to be very good quality.

With regards to cleaning, you can get wheel sealants that you leave to cure on your wheels over night and they become much more resilient to brake dust/dirt etc.
Pics please, for curiosity's sake...
Coker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Mr Reeves
Wearing official robes

Car: E90 M3 Manual
Colour Combo: Silverstone II/Black Novillo

Haven't fitted them just yet but will post pics as soon as done.
Mr Reeves is offline   Reply With Quote