The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Member Rides

Old 9th April 2018, 10:07 AM   #1
JezM
A mere Chipper

Car: E92 M3
Default E92 M3 in Space Grey

Hi all, new to the forum and M3 ownership. This is my first M car.. previous car was a Z4 3.0L so a natural progression i think!

The forum has been a great source of info and will continue to be during my ownership i am sure!

Few pics of my car.

Last edited by JezM; 9th April 2018 at 10:10 AM.
JezM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 9th April 2018, 10:19 AM   #2
mr_vys
On the path

Car: bicycle
Colour Combo: Carbon black / Black nappa

Welcome mate!
Car looks awesome and with lovely spec too!
mr_vys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 07:01 PM   #3
marky1
Achieved official socks

Car: 2007 e92 m3 coupe
Colour Combo: Graphite Grey/bamboo

Looks nice mate
marky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2018, 07:09 PM   #4
imp
Achieved official socks

Car: M3 CSL

Smart looking car.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2018, 11:03 AM   #5
JezM
A mere Chipper

Cheers guy's, still getting to know the car but have covered just over 1,000 miles in it now and loving every second!

Thing's to do are:

- GTS software for the DCT box (Evolve?)
- Rear 2 pipe mod for a bit more audio!
- iDrive update? (not sure if any available?)
- Maybe primary cat delete.

Car has covered 61k miles and not had the throttle actuators done, so mindful of saving some cash for that! eek (Rebuild.org bookmarked)

Went in for an oil service and full inspection at Cooper BMW last week. All good apart from tires a bit on the low tread depth side! Oh and discs / pads maybe needed in 10k miles. Where does everyone go for OEM parts? I think i'll add braided lines whilst i'm at it.

Cheers
Jez
Old 16th April 2018, 12:23 PM   #6
Keith
Achieved official socks

Car: S65B40
Colour Combo: Monte Carlo Edition. High on spec & low on miles.

Lovely mate, must be quite a lot of extra guts to enjoy after the 3.0 Z4!

Space Grey is a gorgeous colour and looks so good with the carbon extras. Love it.

Exhaust mod is a must, changes the emotion of driving the car completely, it goes from from good sounding to epic sounding!
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 08:28 AM   #7
JezM
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Lovely mate, must be quite a lot of extra guts to enjoy after the 3.0 Z4!

Space Grey is a gorgeous colour and looks so good with the carbon extras. Love it.

Exhaust mod is a must, changes the emotion of driving the car completely, it goes from from good sounding to epic sounding!
Cheers Keith, I was reading all your threads yesterday! Monte Carlo is just stunning!

Definite decent step up from the Z4. I've owned car's with more power than the M3 in the past but none with engines as special feeling as this! I still can't get over the way it revs from 6-8.3k.. :O
Old 17th April 2018, 07:42 PM   #8
kevM3
Achieved official socks

Car: 2012 E92 M3 & 2009 123d coupe
Colour Combo: Space Grey ,Black leather

Did you buy that from Preston area? As I I saw it for weeks on AT for sale, think it was for sale in NI also before that, as I ummed and armed about it
kevM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 08:02 PM   #9
DaveMSport
Achieved official socks

Car: E46 M3 Individual, E36 M3 track car, Landrover Defender E53 X5, E38 730, E30 318is, E30 Mtec touring
Colour Combo: Techno Violet/silver gray

That's awesome. If love a dct one in space grey. My fiancée liked the look of one one night so hopefully get my hands on one at some stage and justify it by saying it's for her
DaveMSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 08:04 AM   #10
JezM
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevM3 View Post
Did you buy that from Preston area? As I I saw it for weeks on AT for sale, think it was for sale in NI also before that, as I ummed and armed about it
Yep, thats the one. I actually managed to get in touch with the NI owner. He is on Pistonheads and saw a post i made in the BMW section. He gave me some good insight in to the history of the car.

Was a long trek for me up to Preston from Wimbledon, but the car was great. Bodywork in excellent condition, with just 2 very minor details which i knew i could fix for next to nothing. Other than that it drove right, stopped right, handled right and all was generally in good order so i took it!

There were a fair few at similar price that i was interested in but this one had it all, EDC, DCT, right colour and low-ish miles. The dealer selling it did himself no favours with his poor photography skills. If you looked at the for sale photos next to my photos above you'd think it was a different car!
Old 19th April 2018, 07:37 PM   #11
kevM3
Achieved official socks

Is that the palladium bluey tinge leather ?as it looks a lighter grey in the pics,extended leather too!
Old 20th April 2018, 08:29 AM   #12
JezM
A mere Chipper

Yep, Palladium leather. I really like it.. makes it feel very airy and bright in the cabin. Especially coming from my Z4 which was black leather, black plastic everywhere!

What does the 'extended leather' package add btw? I'm not quite sure.. All the M3's i viewed 'seemed' similar inside but i could have easily missed something!
Old 20th April 2018, 10:38 AM   #13
kevM3
Achieved official socks

You have the extended leather, basically lower dash and centre console, where all the grey leather is basically, if you didnt have E L it would all be the normal black plastic
Old 24th May 2018, 12:54 PM   #14
JezM
A mere Chipper

Few photos from the Pistonheads meet in Dorking the other week below.

Otherwise, i haven't really done a lot to my car other than drive it and enjoy it!

Have a track day booked at Abingdon circuit on the 6th July. I plan on changing the front pads, but nothing else.. unless anyone has any recommendations?
I have done many a track day before however i am planning on taking this one a bit easier (to start with anyway) as i don't want to brake anything or risk it too much as the M3 is my daily driver.