The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)

Old 8th May 2018, 08:06 PM   #1
stevecm3
Wearing official robes

Car: 2002 m3 coupe
Default Air scoops worthwhile?

Has anyone used these air scoops before? Ive just got an eventuri and was wondering if it worth fitting these aswell. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162217788324
stevecm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 8th May 2018, 08:31 PM   #2
M33SWJ
Achieved official socks

Car: 2004 M3 vert & 2012 M3 Comp Pack
Colour Combo: Mystic Blue/Black & Silverstone II/Black

I fitted one..more cosmetic than functional
post a picture
M33SWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 08:58 PM   #3
V8mike
Wearing official underwear

Car: E92 m3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecm3 View Post
Has anyone used these air scoops before? Ive just got an eventuri and was wondering if it worth fitting these aswell. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F162217788324
Yes Iíve used them the quality isnít good there a bit flimsy there not even tig just 4 rivets on each side folded Aliminium painted black Iím going to make some but tig weld mine in stainless steel I guess it helps a bit on my technocraft the two scoops are built together these are a bit bigger but not much. afe do one that could be better but itís also twice the price and Mach snell do a plastic version.
V8mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 09:05 PM   #4
stevecm3
Wearing official robes

Car: 2002 m3 coupe

I was guessing the quality wouldnt be the best but they look very similat to the afe ones/should do a similar job for a third of the price, did they fit ok on yours? I wonder why eventuri didnt develop a scoop for that part of the intake with the rest of the kit.
stevecm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2018, 09:56 PM   #5
V8mike

Car: E92 m3 coupe

Quote:
I was guessing the quality wouldnt be the best but they look very similat to the afe ones/should do a similar job for a third of the price, did they fit ok on yours? I wonder why eventuri didnt develop a scoop for that part of the intake with the rest of the kit.
Yes the quality isnít best then fitment was same but what do you expect for that price. The captive nut twisted the plate as it was flimsy and fin.so I binned mine lol,Maybe eventuri thought thereís no gains to be had as the front entrance to airbox was adequate enough and these scoops only help very little in air supply?
V8mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2018, 12:51 PM   #6
JBristow

Car: E90 M3
Colour Combo: Jerez/Bamboo

Quote:
Check this link out. Most of the airflow comes from the lower duct. The duct behind the kidney grills narrow and goes through two 90 degree turns, so not nearly as much airflow.

https://www.evolveautomotive.com/blo...92-e93-m3.html
JBristow is offline   Reply With Quote