The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Bikes. Trikes?

Old 11th March 2018, 08:39 PM   #1
Wullie
On the path

Car: M3
Default KTM 950 sm 2007

Anyone had one?

A friend is selling one dirt cheap so I'm thinking about getting it. I've been away from bikes for 3 years and tbh I had no desire to come back to them but this is too good to pass on, plus my ncd is nearly up.

Supermoto bikes aren't really my thing, more sportsbikes but again, it's too good to pass on and I'm sure it'll put a smile on my face.

Even if I use it for a year, gain another years no claims and then punt it on, then get another bike before the ncd runs out.
Wullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 18th March 2018, 04:56 PM   #2
Che
Wearing official robes

Car: 2015 M4
Colour Combo: YMB - Silverstone

If you can get it for a price where you can move it on without loss I’d say it was a no brainier. I haven’t rode one but I’ve been on rideouts with a guy who did have one and it looked a hoot
If I remember correctly the only issues he had were the carbs were a bit sensitive, he moved onto a 990 after which had fuel injection so the fact he stuck with one was positive.
Supermotos are great, so much more fun than you’d think, mines only a 400 and still puts a smile on my face when I go out with bigger bikes, so much grunt out of the corners even guys with sports bikes are surprised and impressed.

Last edited by Che; 18th March 2018 at 04:58 PM.
Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Wullie
On the path

Car: M3

Was meant to collect today but the weather put a stop to that.

I might be doing a deal for a Big Bang R1 which is more my thing, Iíll have to put money towards it but itíll still work out in my favour in the long run.

The thought of being back on a proper bike has got me a little bit excited to say the least.
Wullie is offline   Reply With Quote