The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Forum Sponsors and Advertisers > Sky Insurance

Old 30th January 2018, 08:10 AM   #1
Martyn
Achieved official socks

Car: 2006 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Silver Grey / Imola
Default 4 to 8 weeks for a refund?

Hi chaps,

I recently cancelled my newly started policy due to a mechanical issue with the car, upon cancellation I was told it would take 4-8 weeks for my refund to be processed. 4-8 days I can understand, but not 4-8 weeks!

How come it takes so long?
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:33 AM   #2
SkyInsurance
Site Sponsor

Car: E64 650i

Hi Martyn,

The 4-8 weeks isn't accurate. We say that refund's can take up to 6 weeks, as the insurer's will manage their accounts on a monthly basis. The refund comes to us which we then process to the customer. However, it's usually quicker than 6 weeks.

If there's no news in 7-14 days or so, feel free to PM me and I'll see what's what.

Cheers,

Alex
SkyInsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:36 AM   #3
Martyn
Achieved official socks

Car: 2006 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Silver Grey / Imola

Thanks Alex, the policy was cancelled on the 2nd of Jan so we're almost at 4 weeks already. I'll drop you a line in due course

Thanks again.
Martyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 11:43 AM   #4
EAndy
Achieved official socks

Car: Magical Unicorn

I cancelled mine was supposed to be cancelled on 5th Feb but none-the-less someone at SKY decided to cancel it yesterday straight away not actually an issue now anyway but I got this

Quote:
Your Policy Has Been Cancelled

As per our previous correspondence, your insurance policy for your XXXXXX registration XXXXXXX has been cancelled with effect from 29/01/2018 15:44:00.

If you have any questions, please call our Customer Services Team on 03303 331250 They are open between 9.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday, and 9.00am to 4.00pm on a Saturday.
Should I get an further correspondence such as the rebate amount (I'd originally rang and had confirmation) but didn't know if anything else will follow such as timescales, amounts, return your certificate etc?
EAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 12:57 PM   #5
SkyInsurance
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAndy View Post
I cancelled mine was supposed to be cancelled on 5th Feb but none-the-less someone at SKY decided to cancel it yesterday straight away not actually an issue now anyway but I got this

Should I get an further correspondence such as the rebate amount (I'd originally rang and had confirmation) but didn't know if anything else will follow such as timescales, amounts, return your certificate etc?
If your policy has been cancelled prematurely, then this is an issue I will need to investigate.

Please PM me your name, postcode, and DOB, and I will take a look and answer your query.

Cheers,

Alex
Old 30th January 2018, 12:58 PM   #6
SkyInsurance
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
Thanks Alex, the policy was cancelled on the 2nd of Jan so we're almost at 4 weeks already. I'll drop you a line in due course

Thanks again.
No problem, and yes, please do.

Cheers,

Alex
Old 22nd February 2018, 07:45 PM   #7
EAndy
Achieved official socks

Car: Magical Unicorn

Just in the interest of always being fair (complain when bad, make statement when good).

Cancelled with Sky Feb 5th, refund hit account Feb 20th they advise 4-6 weeks this took 2 so no complaints.
EAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2018, 10:28 AM   #8
SkyInsurance
Site Sponsor

Glad to hear it