The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 24th June 2018, 02:36 PM   #61
paul46
Achieved official socks

Car: AC Schnitzer e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyJohn View Post
What is your opinion on Ohlins R&T? Would they handle better than V2ís?
The ohlins is a higher end damper than the v2 so the performance will be better. Itís is also very very light. Corrosion resistance is also very good
paul46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 24th June 2018, 02:50 PM   #62
HarveyJohn
On the path

Car: E46 M3, 318Ci
Colour Combo: Steel Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul46 View Post
The ohlins is a higher end damper than the v2 so the performance will be better. Itís is also very very light. Corrosion resistance is also very good
Do you know if my Turner Top mounts will fit Ohlins R&T?
HarveyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 02:56 PM   #63
paul46
Achieved official socks

Yes they do
Old 24th June 2018, 03:44 PM   #64
m3rosco
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 bmw m3
Colour Combo: phoenix yellow / black

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyJohn View Post
What is your opinion on Ohlins R&T? Would they handle better than V2’s?
The Ohlins are twice the price of v2’s. personally I’d be looking at Intrax or maybe Nitron if I was thinking of spending £2000and something on coilovers.

However,I’m sure I read somewhere recently that the Ohlins R&T coilovers aren’t even made by Ohlins in Sweden or wherever they’re based, but subcontracted out to a Chinese or Japanese company. The post I saw (could have been on here, another forum or FaceAche or Instagram, I cannot find now. Got a funny feeling it might of had some thing to do with Martin of MS Motorsports off here, although I could be imagining it. Either way, he would be the man to ask about it.
m3rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 03:56 PM   #65
paul46
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rosco View Post
The Ohlins are twice the price of v2ís. personally Iíd be looking at Intrax or maybe Nitron if I was thinking of spending £2000and something on coilovers.

However,Iím sure I read somewhere recently that the Ohlins R&T coilovers arenít even made by Ohlins in Sweden or wherever theyíre based, but subcontracted out to a Chinese or Japanese company. The post I saw (could have been on here, another forum or FaceAche or Instagram, I cannot find now. Got a funny feeling it might of had some thing to do with Martin of MS Motorsports off here, although I could be imagining it. Either way, he would be the man to ask about it.
Itís fair point but either if the coilovers you mention are no good for road use. Yes they work and work well on the road, but they are track dampers, so have no gaiters, dust seals etc etc. Plus they need more regulars rebuilds. If you were running intrax on the road I would say you would need to rebuild yearly. I get 2 seasons at the ring from my intrax