The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > Member Rides

Old 24th January 2018, 03:04 AM   #1
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

Car: E46 M3 SMG
Default E46 SMG - silver with red leather

Good afternoon/morning/evening.

Youíve all seen a million E46ís before s this thread wonít be anything new or outstanding Iím afraid, more one manís struggle to have an M3 as a daily, at least until next winter where I may give in and buy a cheap nail anyway...

I thought Iíd start my own members cars thread purely as a way of keeping track of bits and bobs done to the car now than anything else. I got the carast week, itís an 02 SMG Car in Silver with red nappa leather and a few small upgrades. Itís just ticked over to 120k miles and the Inspection II was done just a few weeks prior to me buying the car. I believe it may have belonged to someone in here in the past but no idea who.

The car has a few small mods, Eibach springs, spacers, front strut brace, CSL diffuser and gearbox software and at some point a previous owner has added a pair of Recaro Trendline seats that have been trimmed to match the rest of the interior. As for future plans it pretty much comes down to enjoy it, look after it and enjoy it some more. The only big job on the list is to sort the paint on the front wings bumper and bonnet, itís been painted in the past to tidy some stone chips up but sadly over winter the cold/damp has gotten under the lacquer and loads of micro blisters have appeared so that will be sorted soon. Aside from that Iíll be adding my own private plate to it in the next week or two so the M3 private plate will soon be up for sale.

Thanks for reading and hereís a few pics.

The day I picked it up with my girlfriendís modified DC5 Integra Type R

First blast out last Sunday morning spending an hour or so getting a close view of the rear of a 997

After the ****ty weather of the last week or so finally got to give it a a wash and quick detail on Monday

Danielsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 24th January 2018, 03:05 AM   #2
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

Last shot is an engine bay shot from the for sale ad as I haven’t taken one yet.
Old 24th January 2018, 03:27 PM   #3
sbonse
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Silver/Black

Looks nice a tidy. Need some more shots of the interior of those seats.
sbonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 06:59 PM   #4
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

I’m hoping for some nice weather over the weekend to get the proper camera out and go grab some nice shots rather than iPhone potato spec photos. The weather just isn’t playing ball at the moment.

Just a quick update regarding the absolute ball ache of a day it’s turned out to be. I ordered some different corner lights last week which arrived this morning, some Ultra black backed ones, what should be a quick 10-15minute swap over has turned into a trip down to the garage and a good few hours or arsing about.

The 2 screws that should be there were either rounded or replaced by a nut and bolt that was also seized and slightly inaccessible! So we’ve had to come up with a slightly elaborate way of fixing them in place using a couple of washers and a stainless nut and bolt each side until I can get some replacement fixings to hold them properly and be easier to access and undo if necessary.

Part way through this job and checking which bits to undo to slide the headlight out my phone battery died so as is the way I plug it into the cigarette lighter to charge it, and nothing, no power whatsoever. Checked the fuse, move the connector round in the slot to make sure it wasn’t the charger. Nope just dead. As a result I’ve also spent an hour taking the gear knob, centr console and part of the dash apart to discover a wire had come off the back of the 12v socket!

Fortunately both jobs are now done and an afternoon kind of feels a bit wasted but it’s 2 small jobs done and better to find out now the 12v doesn’t work than an emergency when it really is needed.

Oh and here are the corner lights, some may like them some will hate them. Personally I think it gives them a bit of an E39 one piece look and to me that’s no bad thing.

Old 25th January 2018, 07:04 PM   #5
Cubz1
Achieved official socks

Car: Bavarian Muscle
Colour Combo: Skittles

This car was previously owned my a member on here superrams I think it was, I remember his thread on the seats
Cubz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 07:24 PM   #6
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

I’ve been trying to find any threads on it funnily enough. Had a look through all the receipts a couple of nights ago and noticed a couple of m3cutters discount codes.
Old 25th January 2018, 07:27 PM   #7
Cubz1
Achieved official socks

Car: Bavarian Muscle
Colour Combo: Skittles

A little bit of digging

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=125595
Cubz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2018, 08:25 PM   #8
sbonse
Achieved official socks

Car: 2002 BMW M3
Colour Combo: Silver/Black

Not very keen on the indicators sorry, I had the same set years ago on my 330 and within a month the lenses were full of condensation.
sbonse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 12:32 AM   #9
brungie
Wearing official underwear

Car: 2005 Titanium Silver M3, M Texture interior

Lovely looking. Just take those blacked out blinkers off before you realise it looks the best with the tock ones (been through that )
brungie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 01:43 AM   #10
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

Theyíll end up being swapped out more than once, I change my mind more ofthe. Then anything. I give it a couple of months before I end up with a different set of smoked ones and a different set of kidney grills all on rotation.
Old 17th August 2018, 11:46 AM   #11
Danielsan
A mere Chipper

Well the car is up for sale, I’ve lost interest in cars massively recently and hasn’t helped with not really felling with this. I need something that’s a bit more useful for carrying mountain bikes to be honest and the house deposit could do with a top up....

So having paid 10k for it 7 months ago its up at 8950!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...01808089266766