The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > E90 Saloon / E92 Coupe / E93 Convertible M3 (2008-2013)

Old 19th May 2018, 09:55 AM   #21
Keith
Achieved official socks

Car: S65B40
Colour Combo: Monte Carlo Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
I've just called the trader to orange to see the car and he's said I wouldn't be able to drive it today because he's just discovered it has a bald tyre (just one) which he's going too get replaced on Monday. The car has Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it. He reckons he's had the car three weeks. Says he's selling it on behalf of his client who had it as a mid life crisis car and no longer requires it. Couldn't tell me how long the owner had the car for and said he "didn't have the paperwork in front of him" to give me any further details. This seems to be his default answer for any questions i've asked. I don't think I'm going to bother with this one.
Wise move. Sounds like trader crap.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 19th May 2018, 10:02 AM   #22
AgSurfer
On the path

Car: 2010 e93 M3
Colour Combo: Space Grey / Black

Quote:
Sounds like the perfect car but its about £1500 over my budget really. I do understand what you guys are saying though.
So keep an eye on the BMW AUC site.
I was religiously monitoring it daily.

The AUC network realigns its prices every 5 to 10 days so you see the price coming down (generally) because for some reason there arenít many punters looking to them to buy e9x M3s. They all want F8xís instead.
AgSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 10:09 AM   #23
Treadstone
On the path

Car: 2006 BMW M3 SMG - SOLD
Colour Combo: Silver Grey/Red Nappa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Neither for my money.

Why? 20k service gap on car 2, Miles too high on car 1 - after a couple years you’ll be on 90k miles and the cars value will plummet big time.

Try and buy a car with high spec (with comp pack ideally), low miles and excellent history: the holy trinity on protecting your investment going forward. I actually value these over superficial ‘condition’ (to a degree, I’d never buy a dog of a car with f****d leather and a dodgy paint job), as a scuffed bumper, worn brakes/tyres and a wheel refurb are easily done and allow strong negotiation to get bang for buck. Mileage and bad history can never be changed.

Thats exactly what i'm after really. A comp pack with a good spec and lowish miles. But finding one in my budget may be a challenge. Thanks for your PM, i've replied
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2018, 10:11 AM   #24
Smuler
Wearing official underwear

Car: 2004 E46 M3
Colour Combo: Black and red

Quote:
I've just called the trader to orange to see the car and he's said I wouldn't be able to drive it today because he's just discovered it has a bald tyre (just one) which he's going too get replaced on Monday. The car has Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it. He reckons he's had the car three weeks. Says he's selling it on behalf of his client who had it as a mid life crisis car and no longer requires it. Couldn't tell me how long the owner had the car for and said he "didn't have the paperwork in front of him" to give me any further details. This seems to be his default answer for any questions i've asked. I don't think I'm going to bother with this one.
Owner had it in October last year, but as said before it's clearly been floating about trade for two months at least.

I'd still go get a drive of the other one, as it's always good experience but it is higher mileage, seems to have been on cheapo tires (was anything else skimped on) and I noticed the plate's been changed 5 times which seemed a lot for supposedly 3 owners so maybe it's not the true number. I'd certainly ask to see copies of the service book make sure history is correct IF you progress.

Shame that other (i.e. AUC) one is out of budget. I don't think you'll get low mileage, high-spec, certainly not AUC competition packs below 25k£

Last edited by Smuler; 19th May 2018 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Missed point
Smuler is offline   Reply With Quote