The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3cutters Garage > General maintenance, upgrades and modifications

Old 11th March 2018, 09:30 PM   #1
gary w31
Achieved official socks

Car: 2015 M3
Colour Combo: Sakhir Orange, Full black leather
Default Any Remus dealers on here?

As the title says, any Remus dealers on here? Looking to possible source some tips for the race system. I've recently bought an exhaust that i've yet to get round to fitting. It came with the 98mm carbon tips. The carbon part of the tips are slightly faded. I'm looking for prices for both the 98mm tips and the 102mm carbon tips.
gary w31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11th March 2018, 10:56 PM   #2
EAndy
Achieved official socks

Car: Magical Unicorn

The original carbon tips had a issue with lacquer and were revised and production method changed.

I would if I was you write to Remus and send a photo and question the issue and if your lucky you might find warranty replacement of 4 new tail pipes.
EAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2018, 07:41 AM   #3
gary w31
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAndy View Post
The original carbon tips had a issue with lacquer and were revised and production method changed.

I would if I was you write to Remus and send a photo and question the issue and if your lucky you might find warranty replacement of 4 new tail pipes.
Thatís exactly whatís wrong with the tips. The lacquer has faded and itís hard to see the weave of the carbon. Iíll get some pics and fire an email off to them. Would I be better contacting Remus uk or their head office in Europe? Iím assuming Iíll need a receipt which I donít have as the exhaust was bought second hand but I spouse itís worth a shot anyway. Cheers

In the meantime if anyone can sort me out with some prices Iíd appreciate it. I did email Remus UK direct about prices but I didnít hear anything back from them which is annoying.
Old 12th March 2018, 09:26 AM   #4
EAndy
Achieved official socks

Mike at Motech Performance 01604 810000 might be able to help as he supplies Remus exhausts at decent prices.

Quote:
Tips were replaced recently under warranty, the early carbon tips on Remus exhausts started to delaminate due to having the wrong heat resistant coating, the guy who owns the Remus franchise in the U.K also has an M4 and his tips were terrible, so there was no issues with the warranty. These new ones are visibly much better quality.
This was what was stated when the chap I got my exhaust from (2nd hand) had the tips replaced.

I would message the Remus UK person first as it would appear that they'll know of this issue anyway and probably have a mechanism of returning them to Remus EU on exchange basis.
Old 13th March 2018, 05:18 AM   #5
gary w31
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Mike at Motech Performance 01604 810000 might be able to help as he supplies Remus exhausts at decent prices.

This was what was stated when the chap I got my exhaust from (2nd hand) had the tips replaced.

I would message the Remus UK person first as it would appear that they'll know of this issue anyway and probably have a mechanism of returning them to Remus EU on exchange basis.
Cheers for your help mate. It turns out Mike at Motech supplied the exhaust to the person I bought it from. Iíve sent him an email with pictures of the tips, exhaust S/N etc so Iíll see what he says. Cheers
Old 13th March 2018, 09:43 AM   #6
EAndy
Achieved official socks

No problem if it saves you £450 on tailpipes that'll be great fingers crossed for you.
Old 13th March 2018, 09:11 PM   #7
gary w31
Achieved official socks

Quote:
No problem if it saves you £450 on tailpipes that'll be great fingers crossed for you.
Contacted Motech and got a reply from Mike. He say's its common issue when people wash their cars with harsh cleaners or cheap car washes. Remus won't honour the warranty on them. Bull**** if you ask me. If that was the case, why doesn't the lacquer on the car or wheels fade in the same way
Old 9th April 2018, 03:17 PM   #8
Motechmike
Wearing official underwear

Car: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary w31 View Post
Contacted Motech and got a reply from Mike. He say's its common issue when people wash their cars with harsh cleaners or cheap car washes. Remus won't honour the warranty on them. Bull**** if you ask me. If that was the case, why doesn't the lacquer on the car or wheels fade in the same way
As they dont get as hot as the Exhaust mate.. Look at most cars discs they go the same way with cheap car washes etc etc..
Motechmike is offline   Reply With Quote