The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > M3 and M4 Talk > M3 CSL / M3 GT and other Limited Editions

Old 25th February 2018, 05:02 PM   #41
MikeyT
A mere Chipper

Car: E36 M3 GT ii
Colour Combo: Imola Red

Well that will come to be seen... I myself like Roy and my brother and a few others own one of these. Like said before I purchased this due to it being different and liking the fact that there was only 50.. not to sell it on to make a profit! To say it's not special is saying something really as I see the BMW M3 in any form a pretty special car to start with, and to put a price on one well that's a completely different kettle of fish.. does a fiesta XR2 warrant 14+k price tags? RS's and cosworths? Horses for courses and all that.. but likes been said a number of times back to the GT/imola...
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 5th March 2018, 10:44 AM   #42
lambo911
On the path

Car: E36 M3 GT
Colour Combo: Green/Green

My GT is now up for sale....

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...dition/8432013
lambo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 02:01 PM   #43
mboon
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbush View Post
They also had the forged wheels as well.

I am under no illusion that my Imola Edition is nothing more than a tarted up E36 M3 Evolution run out special that was commisioned by BMW GB. So what? The market likes them and has dictated that they now attract a price premium. This allows me to spend a bit more on mine than I would otherwise have done to keep it nice.

Equally, the 3.0Lt GT Individual is also a tarted up standard M3, nothing more, so lets not get precious about this either. On the other hand the all LHD GT Coupe (of which 356 were made) was a bit special and most certainly did have a number of engine mods to allow (iirc) 295 bhp.

Both of the 50 number limited edition E36 M3's are lovely cars and they fully deserve preservation. Whether the market is ready for a £35k Imola, who knows, we'll see.
Agree
mboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 08:26 AM   #44
rubble
A mere Chipper

Car: 1995 BMW M3 GT, e46 m3 CS, e46 ring tool, e36 race car, e30 m3 race build, e92 m3 ringtool

Good luck with the sale mate, looks a good one, keep us posted on how you get on.
rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 01:38 PM   #45
lambo911
On the path

Car: E36 M3 GT
Colour Combo: Green/Green

Thanks. I've already had a couple of calls, so looks promising
lambo911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 08:11 PM   #46
philrob1
Achieved official socks

Car: BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition, Noble M12GTO3
Colour Combo: Dakar/Black

And I thought I did well to break 5 digits in 2014!
philrob1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2018, 10:11 PM   #47
M4Kev
On the path

Car: M4 CS 2018, E36 M3 GT Imola, E46 M3 CSL, Bentley Conti GT 2018, Ducati Panigale Speciale
Colour Combo: San Marino Blue, Imola Red, Black, Extreme Silver, Black.

Hello, newbie here!

I'm in the market for an E36 Evo GT should anyone know of one, condition doesn't particularly fuss me as I'm happy to restore it, more concerned about a reasonable mileage example.

Granted beggars can't be choosers with few they made!
M4Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2018, 08:30 PM   #48
M3gt1
A mere Chipper

Car: Bmw m3 gt

The time has come to let my GT go ...
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--1996/8643363
M3gt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 07:27 AM   #49
mboon
Achieved official socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3gt1 View Post
The time has come to let my GT go ...
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--1996/8643363
Just a tip, get a better opening photo that shows the whole car, will make a huge difference. Nice looking car btw, good luck with the sale
Old 4th May 2018, 08:12 AM   #50
M3gt1
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboon View Post
Just a tip, get a better opening photo that shows the whole car, will make a huge difference. Nice looking car btw, good luck with the sale
Thanks, definitely agree with the photo, I currently have the car in storage so will get some better photos taken over the weekend
Old 4th May 2018, 08:45 AM   #51
Keith
Achieved official socks

Car: S65B40
Colour Combo: Monte Carlo Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboon View Post
Agreed.

You need to absolutely nail the pictures for a £30k car, in fact I wouldn't have put the advert up until I had all the pictures ready, as the market is hottest when a car advert first pops up.

Well-composed shots of every angle, followed interior images, then engine bay and wheels, then a few 'detail' shots like the stitching, exhaust tips, drivers bolster etc.

Good pictures sell good cars, and I'm sure yours is, you just have to do it more justice!
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 12:10 PM   #52
M3gt1
A mere Chipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Agreed.

You need to absolutely nail the pictures for a £30k car, in fact I wouldn't have put the advert up until I had all the pictures ready, as the market is hottest when a car advert first pops up.

Well-composed shots of every angle, followed interior images, then engine bay and wheels, then a few 'detail' shots like the stitching, exhaust tips, drivers bolster etc.

Good pictures sell good cars, and I'm sure yours is, you just have to do it more justice!

I have managed to find a few more photos I had saved which I have now uploaded onto the ad, may still need to take a few more over the weekend though
Old 4th May 2018, 03:03 PM   #53
M4Kev
On the path

Car: M4 CS 2018, E36 M3 GT Imola, E46 M3 CSL, Bentley Conti GT 2018, Ducati Panigale Speciale

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
£3-5k per year really ? Show me someone who is willing to pay £30k for E36 M3 Evolution Imola Individual unless it is
1-3 owners
Sub 60k mileage
FBMWSH
Serviced every 2 years
OEM
I've just coughed up just shy of £40k for an Imola GT. Beautiful car though. 56,000 miles and low owners in fairness. Low owners, lots of history but not serviced in the last 5 years as its been garaged but it walked through an MOT last week. Maybe I've set the bar I don't know, however in the current market it seems to be the right kind of money. The owner paid £8k 5 years ago and just garaged her so a great investment on his part! Not sure I'll see the same level of return in the next 5 years though!!! I'm looking to preserve her though and put her into the M3 collection I am building so she won't be for sale anytime soon.
Old 4th May 2018, 03:09 PM   #54
mboon
Achieved official socks

Very nice M4Kev, if I am honest with them kind of miles I think that was a good buy.
Old 4th May 2018, 10:19 PM   #55
hurricane
Wearing official robes

Car: E36 M3 EVO
Colour Combo: Grey/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Kev View Post
I've just coughed up just shy of £40k for an Imola GT. Beautiful car though. 56,000 miles and low owners in fairness. Low owners, lots of history but not serviced in the last 5 years as its been garaged but it walked through an MOT last week. Maybe I've set the bar I don't know, however in the current market it seems to be the right kind of money. The owner paid £8k 5 years ago and just garaged her so a great investment on his part! Not sure I'll see the same level of return in the next 5 years though!!! I'm looking to preserve her though and put her into the M3 collection I am building so she won't be for sale anytime soon.

I think that's crazy money personally.

All the best with it though.

Wait, did you buy this in Northern Ireland?
hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2018, 10:38 PM   #56
M4Kev
On the path

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post

Nope, UK! Itís strong money I agree but Iím nostalgic about my old E36 323i from when I was 18 and my E36 M3. I love Imola Red and itís always nice to have something rare as humans tend to value scarcity! I want to show my little lad when he grows up that this was the model of car which took me into the world of being a petrol head :-)
Old 5th May 2018, 07:11 AM   #57
hurricane
Wearing official robes

Car: E36 M3 EVO
Colour Combo: Grey/red

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Kev View Post
Nope, UK! Itís strong money I agree but Iím nostalgic about my old E36 323i from when I was 18 and my E36 M3. I love Imola Red and itís always nice to have something rare as humans tend to value scarcity! I want to show my little lad when he grows up that this was the model of car which took me into the world of being a petrol head :-)
All very true!!

Good luck with it and enjoy!
hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2018, 03:17 PM   #58
Carl
Rocking a new hat

Car: 1999 M3 GTII
Colour Combo: Imola Red / Imola Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post

@hurricane, it's not my one, mines has about twice the miles of M4kev's purchase
Carl is offline   Reply With Quote