The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum
 

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th July 2018, 08:53 AM   #41
Saz
Achieved official socks
 
Saz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,596
Car: .
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk21 View Post
I reckon the new one is going to pitch at £120k and upwards when they hit the secondary market

Buying the last gen having a run around for a bit and then jumping out at the same price you load for it definitely make sense though as you say
Precisely, I think now might be a good time. I assume when the predecessor is released there will be a market value drop of the current one.

CS or GT4 I know which one I would rather have
Saz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 26th July 2018, 11:17 AM   #42
ADL
Achieved official socks
 
ADL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,765
Car: M3 CSL & mk2 Golf GTi 16v & mk7 Golf R
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SazzyB View Post
Precisely, I think now might be a good time. I assume when the predecessor is released there will be a market value drop of the current one.

CS or GT4 I know which one I would rather have
My thinking exactly regarding prices dropping when new one is released. I think itís having the 4.0 na motor iirc so should be absolutely epic. Someone did make a valid pint on another thread regarding 981 gt4 prices holding firm though due to the fact that there will be a large price difference between the new and old models on the ďsecond handĒ market. And with them being hard to get hold of new it probably wonít have too much downward pressure on the previous model.
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 02:40 PM   #43
Iatm
Achieved official socks
 
Iatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: East Ayrshire
Posts: 703
Car: M6 Gran Coupe LCI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL View Post
Mate that is genuinely really interesting thanks. So do you think itís literally a decisions made by Porsche as to whether you are allowed to buy to buy one? Or is it dealer discretion do you reckon? Iíd love to see what the official criteria and guidelines are for dealers.
RSK21 - if thats the case are you not just better off paying somewhat of a reasonable premium and buying from someone else and not bother with wasting your money "buying the range" in order to show loyalty?
Iatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 02:42 PM   #44
Iatm
Achieved official socks
 
Iatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: East Ayrshire
Posts: 703
Car: M6 Gran Coupe LCI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3rosco View Post
Yeah but it costs twice as much money!!
is it seriously twice the money!
Iatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 09:48 PM   #45
rsk21
Achieved official socks
 
rsk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Car: Various - ex M4 vert CP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iatm View Post
RSK21 - if thats the case are you not just better off paying somewhat of a reasonable premium and buying from someone else and not bother with wasting your money "buying the range" in order to show loyalty?
All depends on what you think is reasonable !

Current 911 GT3 RS is trading at £100k+ over list

Also depends on just how many special Porsches you want as the more you spend with the dealer the more chance you have of getting allocated the unicorns.
rsk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2018, 10:32 PM   #46
Iatm
Achieved official socks
 
Iatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: East Ayrshire
Posts: 703
Car: M6 Gran Coupe LCI
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsk21 View Post
All depends on what you think is reasonable !

Current 911 GT3 RS is trading at £100k+ over list

Also depends on just how many special Porsches you want as the more you spend with the dealer the more chance you have of getting allocated the unicorns.
That's def NOT reasonable!
Iatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 05:43 AM   #47
Saz
Achieved official socks
 
Saz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,596
Car: .
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iatm View Post
That's def NOT reasonable!
Agree, it's stupid. Why buy 10 cars you don't really want so that you can buy the car you ACTUALLY wanted in the first place! Loyalty my ar$e, I should be able to buy cars as I please at fair prices not 100k over list.
Rant over.
Saz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 09:39 AM   #48
wolf01
Wearing official underwear
 
wolf01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 237
Car: E46 M3 CS IB, MTM 520 RS4 B5, Golf R
Colour Combo: IB / Grey
Default

Find a dealer and go through the range of cars they have, buy then trade in for another model etc, once you have built a relationship and they can see you're keen on the brand I'm sure they'll give you allocation slots.
wolf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 10:10 AM   #49
5tuart
Achieved official socks
 
5tuart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nr. Canterbury, Kent
Posts: 1,171
Car: 2011 BMW M3
Colour Combo: LeMans Blue/Platinum
Default

I was sorely tempted by a Porsche Cayman, but then only a GT4 would do. Not paying £75k for the privilege of looking like a complete ****. I can do that for much cheaper!
So the answer to all this is very simple... don't get a Porsche. Or buy an SUV like everyone else.
5tuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 11:08 AM   #50
rsk21
Achieved official socks
 
rsk21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,482
Car: Various - ex M4 vert CP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL View Post
My thinking exactly regarding prices dropping when new one is released. I think itís having the 4.0 na motor iirc so should be absolutely epic. Someone did make a valid pint on another thread regarding 981 gt4 prices holding firm though due to the fact that there will be a large price difference between the new and old models on the ďsecond handĒ market. And with them being hard to get hold of new it probably wonít have too much downward pressure on the previous model.
I would agree, I donít see last gen GT4 dropping on the arrival of the new one for the very reasons you outline.
rsk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 11:30 AM   #51
Saz
Achieved official socks
 
Saz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,596
Car: .
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADL View Post
My thinking exactly regarding prices dropping when new one is released. I think itís having the 4.0 na motor iirc so should be absolutely epic. Someone did make a valid pint on another thread regarding 981 gt4 prices holding firm though due to the fact that there will be a large price difference between the new and old models on the ďsecond handĒ market. And with them being hard to get hold of new it probably wonít have too much downward pressure on the previous model.
Makes sense, especially if they are expected to retail around 120k double the last gen.
Saz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 11:38 AM   #52
ADL
Achieved official socks
 
ADL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 5,765
Car: M3 CSL & mk2 Golf GTi 16v & mk7 Golf R
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SazzyB View Post
Makes sense, especially if they are expected to retail around 120k double the last gen.
I think retail will be 80-85k mate second market will be 110-120 no doubt!
ADL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2018, 04:24 PM   #53
CRAIGWWW
Achieved official socks
 
CRAIGWWW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Glasgow & Bahrain
Posts: 1,410
Car: E46 M3 Coupe, Lamborghini SL2, Escort Cosworth
Colour Combo: Carbon Black/Black
Default

Porsche are not only protecting their own interests but the interests of their customers by supplying a product that will hold it's value like few others will. Yes, it may cost more to get into initially but you can almost guarantee minimal depreciation over the term of ownership and in some cases a healthy profit over list.

Compare this to say Mclaren and their astronomical depreciation on their cars from new as they do not restrict most model's supply!

Ferrari and Porsche are both very smart with their production and if you buy ito them, they will 'look after you'... and make money from you at the same time.
CRAIGWWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 08:17 PM   #54
wolf01
Wearing official underwear
 
wolf01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 237
Car: E46 M3 CS IB, MTM 520 RS4 B5, Golf R
Colour Combo: IB / Grey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGWWW View Post
Porsche are not only protecting their own interests but the interests of their customers by supplying a product that will hold it's value like few others will. Yes, it may cost more to get into initially but you can almost guarantee minimal depreciation over the term of ownership and in some cases a healthy profit over list.

Compare this to say Mclaren and their astronomical depreciation on their cars from new as they do not restrict most model's supply!

Ferrari and Porsche are both very smart with their production and if you buy ito them, they will 'look after you'... and make money from you at the same time.
Yes I agree 100%.

Itís a very clever business model those two brands in particular hold as opposed to the others like Lamborghini, McLaren etc
wolf01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:58 PM.


This website uses cookies. By continuing to use the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about the cookies this website uses, click here.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2007 - 2018 M3cutters. All Rights Reserved.