The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum

Go Back   The M3cutters - UK BMW M3 Group Forum > Other BMWs and other marques > Other Marques

Old 2nd August 2018, 06:26 AM   #21
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Car: BMW F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1CDG View Post
Iíve been looking at RS3ís lately and also the RS4/5...

Havenít decided what route if any to go down yet, Iím also in the situation that negative equity makes the RS4/5 more per month than my M3 but the RS3 much the same per month as the M3.

Visually thereís no comparison, the RS4 id say looks equally as nice as the M3 but the 3 or 5 are much more subtle, yet much fresher looking.
I just find rattles, creaks and the overall build quality a bit lacking in the M3 and itís my main issue with the car.
Agree with this, my first year of M4 ownership was depressing until I sorted all the rattles.

One major issue I found in the RS3 was the seating position.
I'm 6'1 and my head was almost touching the roof at lowest in the super sport seats. I just felt I was looking out the top of the windscreen. I don't have that with the M4. Worth the test drive of the RS3 if you fancy one, was a great car just not for me.
lindorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 2nd August 2018, 07:39 PM   #22
C1CDG
Achieved official socks

Car: Fire Orange CP F80 :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindorez View Post
Agree with this, my first year of M4 ownership was depressing until I sorted all the rattles.

One major issue I found in the RS3 was the seating position.
I'm 6'1 and my head was almost touching the roof at lowest in the super sport seats. I just felt I was looking out the top of the windscreen. I don't have that with the M4. Worth the test drive of the RS3 if you fancy one, was a great car just not for me.
Interesting what you say about seating position, and something I will look out for. I know these are meant to be properly fast but how would you say it compared to the M3/4.. In my head it will feel ultimately quicker due to sheer traction but Iím hoping it feels nimble and agile on a B road.

Iíd love to place a factory order in my own spec but sadly due to WLTP it would be well into next year now.. itís alresdy a shame that the Facelift model loses the cracks and bangs of the 367hp version.
C1CDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:38 PM   #23
lindorez
Wearing official robes

Car: BMW F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Interesting what you say about seating position, and something I will look out for. I know these are meant to be properly fast but how would you say it compared to the M3/4.. In my head it will feel ultimately quicker due to sheer traction but Iím hoping it feels nimble and agile on a B road.

Iíd love to place a factory order in my own spec but sadly due to WLTP it would be well into next year now.. itís alresdy a shame that the Facelift model loses the cracks and bangs of the 367hp version.
I test drove in slight wet and I could floor the RS3 no problem from standstill. It's a different driving experience to the M4 and I did not feel as entertained by it. I've been in rear wheel drive for about 10 years so I did expect this.

I only took it down a short country road and it felt nimble, its very "easy" to drive.

Size was a problem for me and as I said seating position.

Its difficult as my M4 has an MPE so I think sounds much better than the stock RS3. I can't remember what it was like without it but probably worse than the RS3 if you compare stock via stock.

Looks they are neck and neck, completely different but both great in their own way.

I wanted to love it but didn't. I thought the RS5 was a better proposition but for me the extra cost was not worth it over the M4. I had a bad experience with the dealer as well which didn't help the matter.
lindorez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:26 PM   #24
Edrx7
On the path

Car: Ď18 M3 CP INDIVIDUAL

Coming from the new rs3 to a M3 comp I can testify to More road presence in the M car for sure.... you can easily make an s3\ A3 look like the rs3........ not so easy in an M.....

Anyone car drive the rs3 quickly........ not so easy in the M

Take your pick

I did
Edrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:54 AM   #25
Penetrator
Achieved official socks

Car: RS Savage

Quote:

The PFL was proper Chavy the way it popped and banged etc, the FL does do it but not as ASBO. Mines had the PCW treatment and it sounds incredible.
The RS3 is a weapon, and is properly quick.
Penetrator is offline   Reply With Quote